+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Crossroad...

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Default Crossroad...

Ok... so I'm having a dilemma.

I hate school, and can't stand it. I could honestly learn more on my own.

Here's my 'crossroad':

1. Stay in School for 4 more years (failed freshman year).
    2. Drop out, get my GED and go to vocational school.

If you were me, but still had your views/opinions, etc. which would you choose?

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Default Re: Crossroad...

i say you should stay, i also flunked my freshman year but i took a bunch of afterschool classes and lots of summerschool and winter school. I failed it bad i was a straight F student. you just need to get your shit together like i did , i even graduated on stage with extra units lol

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

You have to find your own path. For right or wrong you have to make that path yours and no one else's. Myself, I can't tell what to do either than this, don't sit back do nothing, take a path and don't look back, doubt is such a bitch.

devil13's Avatar Senior Diablo

I would have studied harder and taken more classes that would have helped me later in life. I just ended up with my Good Enough Diploma and I dont regret getting my GED and not a real diploma but I wish I would have known what I wanted to do with my life other than get high at the time.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Mr. T says "Don't be no fool, stay in school"

But seriously..please finish your education no matter what it takes. Its more important than you might realize. If you truly feel you could progress better in a vocational school, or home schooling. Then by all means go for it, but realize that your brain, like any other muscle, needs to grow and get stronger. Or it will wither and die, leaving you with a skull full of worthless grey matter.

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

I'd stay in school man. I hated it too, but it's something you gotta do. You don't seem like an idiot (at least online anyways). But dropping out is not the smartest thing to do. I was lucky to graduate on time. I had to do the summer school thing. But it's a lot better than flunking out. Besides, the real fun is in college. That way you can actually study something you're interested in.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

school is bullshit, but when you think about it, do you really have anything better to do for the four or five hours a day occupied by class? even if you don't really do the work, most of the time if you just show up you can manage to graduate.

devil13's Avatar Senior Diablo

with min wage as low as it is and the cost of living going up. you really need an education these days. Im 33 and Im doing now, what I should have done 10 years ago. Im working to get my AS degree. I have lived paycheck to paycheck for so long. there were times when I had no food to eat just because my rent was so high. trust me, you really should try to learn as much as you can while you are in school. Elective classes can help you as well. and no matter what career you end up in you will allways have to use math. so try to learn as much math as posible. it will help when you do go to college or a trade school.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Since it's High School we're talking about it's a bit diffrent. You NEED a HS diploma or a GED. If it's learning that drives you plan beyond your dilema. Lets say you get your GED...what do you want to do with it or after you get it? What is it you want to learn? What would you rather be doing?

Answer that to yourself and make it your focus...the answer to your question will be in front of you far better than any here telling you what to do.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

As university is expensive, there are reasons to skip it. For a long time, I wished I had, even though I enjoyed it a lot and learned a lot.

But a GED is really not the same as a diploma. I hated my second high school and was able to graduate a year early. If you passed some of your classes freshman year, you might be able to talk to a guidance counselor about setting up your schedule to only take three more years instead of four. You also might just need to look into attending a different high school if possible.

You don't come across like someone who would find your classes difficult. If they are not challenging enough, maybe a guidance counselor or parent could help place you in some more advanced classes, so you felt like you were learning and were motivated to do the work.

Another point you may want to consider is that even if you get your GED and go to vocational school, your going to be shoveling shit at first for a few years regardless of what trade you get into. So what's the rush?. Honestly being as young (as I'm guessing) you are, nobody is going to take your seriously as a professional at 17.

You gotta do what you gotta do, but us old-folks here got a little bit of wisdom beyond your years. Good luck though.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

night school,it's the best invention since sliced bread.it's what i did to pass it was great.........

+ Reply to Thread