+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do you make decisions based on input from pals?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Do you make decisions based on input from pals?

How seriously do you take input from friends and acquaintances in making decisions? If you were fired up to do something and everyone told you it was a bad idea, would their opinion make you more or less likely to continue doing what you had planned? If you have a decision to make, are you most likely to roll with what your friends are doing?

Default Re: Do you make decisions based on input from pals?

It will make me consider it, but not base my decision solely on rumors. But I do trust a more experienced adult if he or she proved to be reliable.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

I'll listen to everyone's opinion...Usually though, I still go with my gut.

Bedlamite

I generally form an opinion, but am prone to arguing with myself a bit too much. I often use friends as a external voice... like, if I ask chicken or beef, I don't often know until my friend voices an opinion what really sounds good.

Externalizing debate often helps me figure stuff out.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

If I ask for an opinion, then I will listen, but if I don't want an opinion then unless I'm told something I didn't know before then I'll do my own thing

Aza's Avatar Extradimensional Penguin
    My home is everywhere and nowhere. I am the quintessential hobo.

I'll never make any decision based entirely on someone else's input, but I take their opinions into close consideration. In fact, I probably listen to them more often than I used to. Two of them tried their hardest to warn me about my ex g/f's pain pill addiction, and about the fact that she was embezzling money from our apartment complex (where she worked as Manager) in order to support it. (Well... okay, to be fair she didn't blow it all on pills. Quite a bit of it also went to clothes, shoes, accessories, and other frivolous items for herself.) Thinking there was no way she'd ever be anything but perfectly straightforward with me about something like that, I dismissed my friends and their warnings. A month later, her crimes were discovered by her bosses, she was fired, and all three of us (she, her son, and I) were homeless in an instant.

These days, when my close and trustworthy friends advise me, even and especially when their advice isn't necessarily something I want to hear or believe, I still give them the benefit of the doubt.

ROGIZOID's Avatar The Grey Child

This might sound horrible, but i cant let my friends or acquaintances determine what i do or how i do things.
    When i did i always seemed to end up fucking over myself.

I will listen to what people have to say, and take it in with the most consideration.
    But in the end of it all i listen only to myself.

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

Only if they're good enough to actually talk some sense into me, otherwise... IT'S MY HOT BODY I DO WHAT I WANT!

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I'm usually the one that people ask for advice, instead of the other way around. I guess I have done a good enough job into fooling the world that I actually know what the hell I'm talking about, muwahaha.

but really, I'll be honest and admit that, like most people, when I ask for someone else's opinion on what I should do it's about 10% weighing my options and 90% that I want someone to tell me that the choice I already made was the right one.

LaurenWK's Avatar Senior Member

It all really depends on the situation, the people who are trying to give me advice, and how good I think the advice itself is.... It all comes down to what *I* end up thinking the best decision for me is. However, I'll certainly take anyone else's thoughts into consideration and I'm not opposed to changing my opinion.

+ Reply to Thread