+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stupid stuff you know you could have prevented!

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

Default Stupid stuff you know you could have prevented!

So I am what they call a procrastinator (sp?) which mean's I'll wait until 8 o'clock at night to start doing my laundry. Well anyway I have almost everything washed, except my blankets which means I'll be stuck waiting another 2 hours before I can crash for them to finish being washed & dried.

I think next time I'll be a bit smarter and wash them first. lol

Anyone have any other stories about mistakes they could have easily avoided?

Phoenix Blue's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Stupid stuff you know you could have prevented!

I work from home. One morning I put eggs on to boil and went back upstairs to the office and got focused on writing some code. I forgot all about the eggs until I heard several loud bangs from the kitchen. I ruined the pot. It took an hour to clean all the burnt exploded egg from the walls, stove, cabinets and floor. Now I use a cheap kitchen timer and take it to my desk to remind me to check whatever is cooking.

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

uhh, back when i was in college fulltime, i used to wait til like the day or two before a paper was due to sit down and begin writing it. mind you that my researching was going on previous to that and i never botheered to do drafts. i just sat down and wrote the near final version in one day long session(i really dont recommend this for others).

but anyways, there were a few times where id have to ask for extra time cuz it just wasnt quite ready yet. i once had my computer crash and eat the file, my printer wouldnt work, or something. then there was the time i tried to use the computer lab to finish it off and print it. turned out that the computer i used in the lab had a virus...i infected the entire network, which led to all of the computers in the lab crashing. like 15 people lost what they were working on! but at least it made the school paper and it wasn just me "making up an excuse" for the teacher. there were three of my classmates there at the time who were in the same boat. i was asked by the lab assistant to not come back ever again!

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

Once I was late on my insurance payment. Then my direct deposit was late going through cause it was a holiday, so I was really late. My insurance expired at midnight and at 9 am someone smashed into my car andtotalled it.

Now I don't have a liscense cause the DMV suspended it for a year.

Or a car.

But I have a bike. Yippee. Lucky my area is easy to get around in and I love bike riding

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

jeebus :S i hope you werent in the car at the time... that shit sucks.
    ive done too many stupid things that i could have prevented to even think of one... like... not too long ago i made soup in the microwave... 4 fuckin minutes in the microwave, then i took it out holding the bowl with a dishtowel. well... the dishtowel caught on the microwave door, the bowl slipped and i spilled scorching hot cream of mushroom soup all over the palm of my hand. OUCH.
    and THEN... this was not my day people, really... i was crushing up the crackers to put in my soup... and like half a handful goes flying all over the floor by accident. i was like WTF IS WITH TODAY?!
    ... im not sure how i could have prevented those... maybe if i wasnt such a freaking klutz... who knows hahaa...

oh and i think it was yesterday, i spilled an entire bowl of soup on the kitchen counter by accident too.
    i dont think soup likes me very much anymore

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scar
    But I have a bike. Yippee. Lucky my area is easy to get around in and I love bike riding
    Well, take back any advice we gave you about moving to LA.
    Without a car in LA, you will DIE. Hahaha! San Diego is much
    more bike friendly...

Umbilical Lotus's Avatar Pregnant with Atrocities

Speaking of kitchen death, I have recently started to bake. I tried brownies. Everyone loves brownies! I made the brownie batter just right, put it in the oven, made a wonderful pot of dark chocolate icing, and waited. When I removed the brownies, they were like friggin' ceiling tiles. Rock solid. I found out later that I cooked them in a glass pan, and when you do that you have to set the heat 50 degrees lower. Blagh. My poor brownies.

And from microwave-exploding-off-the-wall experience: make sure it's the STAND TIMER you set for 30 minutes, not the power.

Angel Slayer's Avatar guardian garroter

Quote Originally Posted by Umbilical Lotus
    And from microwave-exploding-off-the-wall experience: make sure it's the STAND TIMER you set for 30 minutes, not the power.
    someone told me you could make a super ball by sticking a ball of silly putty in the microwave. i really didn't even believe it would work, but i was really bored, and it lit up like a strobe light and blew the door open.

Darknessismylight2877's Avatar Member

I could have prevented moving in with my ex-roommate....Bitch screwed me over big time and then proceeded to tell my friends that I was the problem....I should have listened to my gut and not moved in with her....hind sight is 20/20

geting STD for a week ago..... don't ask.... being lazy don't pays of....

aaaaargh.... so damn frustrating.....

getting drunk and kicking a sheriff in the groin at least i had a week in jail to heal up the nasty skull fracture. (i still have the dent. fuck doctors)

Umbilical Lotus's Avatar Pregnant with Atrocities

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Slayer
    someone told me you could make a super ball by sticking a ball of silly putty in the microwave. i really didn't even believe it would work, but i was really bored, and it lit up like a strobe light and blew the door open.
    Bahahaha! That's awesome. I wish mine had been so neat. I set what I thought was the timer so I could make chicken fingers and do something else, and then there was an explosion and a shaking of the house and when I went to check on it the microwave had magically turned into smolderng wreckage and had bounced off the wall. I didn't even get to see it. Damn.

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

^^I'm laughing like a little schoolgirl.

This one time I went to turn on the tea kettle so I could have tea one morning, but I turned on the wrong element, and forgot.

When I got home at like 5ish the house was completely full of smoke, and there was a ruined fry pan.

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

one time I left a candle burning in my bathroom on a hanging shelf..the shelf fell off the wall and the candle caught my shower curtain on fire, which caught my bathroom on fire, which caught part of my bedroom on fire...that sucked

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

I think Im the guru of doing stupid stuff, even when I dont try. Most of the time if I just listen to my gut, it could all be avoided. I know when I go against my gut Im gonna get fucked, but still do it anyways. Damn Aries! Im sick of telling myself 'I told you so'.

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

...I shouldn't have pulled the trigger.

+ Reply to Thread