+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What matters more....

Mother Superior

Default What matters more....

to you personally... attractiveness or a great personality? Some people I know have to date to impress, it's in their nature. I like a bit of both myself. I will say as long as I find them attractive and sexy, I could give a fuck what anyone else thinks.

Sara X's Avatar lizard breath

Default Re: What matters more....

a bit of both. while it's good to have some "eye candy" or "arm candy" (eh, i've never used either of those terms before in my life prior to this) i can honestly say i've been guilty of dating LESS attractive guys in the past for the simple fact that it's less of a hassle when you're not fending other people off all the time.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Ill admit it, Im shallow.

If I dont find someone attractive, more than likely I will not date them. I like the challenge of keeping a desired boy interested in me.

Thats possibly why I date nothing but assholes, and am single alot.

Mother Superior

Quote Originally Posted by Jax

If I dont find someone attractive, more than likely I will not date them. I like the challenge of keeping a desired boy interested in me.

Thats possibly why I date nothing but assholes, and am single alot.
    You have to find them attractive... or sucking their cocks would just be not fun!

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Man, seriously, if they arent attractive to me, their cocks will never get a chance to touch these lips;]

It's has to be a good balance for me. Although if I'm not attracted to them closing my eyes and holding my breath will only work for so long. No matter how cool they are.

Mother Superior

Quote Originally Posted by Toe Cutter
    Although if I'm not attracted to them closing my eyes and holding my breath will only work for so long. No matter how cool they are.
    You have actually done this?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

To date twice, looks, looks, style, and looks pretty much. But not as arm candy, preferably as someone no one I know is acquainted with.

To date more than twice, then personality is definitely most important i.e. intelligence and charm and balls and wit and lifestyle and also being sexy becomes more important because looks can sub for that once but not regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirren
    You have actually done this?
    No, but that's that was the mental image I got when I was thinking about it.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

jax i love you

heh but yeah... physical attraction is instinct isnt it? if youre attractive, chances are youre healthy, and people want healthy mates for healthy babies...
    i think ive been watching too much discovery channel...

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcherry
    jax i love you

heh but yeah... physical attraction is instinct isnt it? if youre attractive, chances are youre healthy, and people want healthy mates for healthy babies...
    i think ive been watching too much discovery channel...

That only takes weight into account. I for instance find girls with eyes on the side of their head not very attractive regardless of health status.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

haha very true... that would be really creepy actually. i would run away.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

I think both are equally important, but id be more likely to date a less attractive person with a great personality than a very attractive person that was a total asshole/bitch whatever.

got to have a bit of both r things just dont work out i think,
    damm guess im shallow too .
    god know's i try not to be..

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I don't really care anymore. I just want to be able to spend time with someone that's not a total tool.

ok, so im lying. give me about fifteen minutes to to get disgusted with you. I really don't think that i have high standards.. it's more of a matter of having any standards- if you stand for any bullshit, then you obviously don't have any other than in an illusionary way that's even worse then honestly being a peice of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax

If I dont find someone attractive, more than likely I will not date them.
    It would only be shallow if you didn't want to be friends with a person you weren't attracted to.

If you're not attracted to people you're having sex with, it's pointless martyrdom.

Bedlamite

I'm very picky about looks most of the time, but its a 50/50 split. I love beautiful boys, but the thing that can get me stirred just as much is a very smart man. A man who can converse with me can get me just as hot as a willowy pretty boy with eyeliner. Now both? Grrrrrrr. ( ^_^ )

huh... i was going to post a 'why the hell am i so shallow?' thread...but here it is!!!

i like hot well read intelligent creative loony girls...

...i think i'll skip the psychodrama next time though.

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcherry
    Yep, it's proven fact we're genetically programmed to choose between images based on known criteria, but females tend to choose most reliably based on the face, and men based on the body. The first (and most well-known) female criterium is symmetry - a face that is more symmetrical shows statistically higher gene resilience than a skewed face (gene resilience is the state of health of your chromosomes at conception, nothing to do with race or ethnicity but an indication of the number of damaged sections they contain. Lower gene resilience would predispose to genetic abnormalities in offspring, decreased fitness, lower immunity, etc.)

The second female choice factor is androgyny - women are more likely to select a male face with 'feminine' features at certain times of their menstrual cycle, and more 'male' features at others - the idea being a male face relates to higher testosterone (good for breeding tough alpha-male babies), but a feminine face (lower testosterone) is a guy who'll help with the kids, and not try to eat them.

males choosing based on images will pick based on the ability of the female to create nice babies and look after them. This *is* a racial issue, as geographically different climates meant that different factors mattered (body fat reserves, drought tolerance, physical strength, etc). Facial features do matter, but not as much as people tend to think.

One thing people don't usually know is both sexes tend to unconsciously choose people with different genes to their own. Genetic diversity is a good thing, and so we're all programmed to find someone with different genes more attractive. It doesn't relate directly to ethnicity as when this was all being arranged we rarely travelled far enough, but it's the reason (don't go there folks...) we don't find our siblings sexually attractive even if they're beautiful. Even smell calculates in this factor - a famous study gave men and women piles of sweaty shirts to sniff and grade in order of attractiveness, with almost every top choice following the 'different genes' rule.

(hell, anyone'd think I used to do this crap for a living....)

Mirren's post raises an important question though - if you find someone online attractive, does it matter more what they type or what their photo album looks like? Obviously for me the power of a personality is more important than its wrapping paper.

mG

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

I like someone who is attractive and has a compatible personality. Alot of the time what others consider a great personality I consider something I would not want to associate with by any means.

Looks get you in the door, personality keeps you from being thrown back out.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I don't think that wanting to be with someone you are attracted to physically, or rather the reverse, is shallow. If you had someone whose personalty you didn't like and dated them purely based on thier looks, then that would be shallow. shallowness isn't just limited to just one thing, like looks, it's a matter of not seeing or refusing to see the big picture.

ATTRACTIVENESS AND PERSONALITY. i AM GOING TO SAY ATTRACTIVENESS.

Quote Originally Posted by Camby Savelle
    I like someone who is attractive and has a compatible personality. Alot of the time what others consider a great personality I consider something I would not want to associate with by any means.

Looks get you in the door, personality keeps you from being thrown back out.
    I WILL AGREE ESPECIALLY WITH YOUR LAST QUOTE.

DARKGYM's Avatar King of the night

While looks are definately a must I can't have an idiot either. I need someone with intelligence and a personality behind those looks. So in conclusion I'm not opposed to a bit of a compromise.

+ Reply to Thread