+ Reply to Thread

Thread: i think i wanna write a book?

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Default i think i wanna write a book?

yea,so i got this idea....

kinda(in a very small way) like "Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance" but much more "direct" and with rods,and muck more engine/car based....

but spilling all my known philophy,and thought's,etc about life.....i realized after this "bump" i hit in the road,how i was basically being the teacher to change someones life after this happened....

and i kept finding myself using rods and all that shit as a " parallel " to let this person know what was very,very, wrong in their life,and noones going to put up with it anymore,and some were severly hurt by it(and that was only half of that"bump",haha) ....

i know i couldn't actually write it ,but maybe get all the thoughts down ,and work with someone else to "dial it in".....

any thoughts/ or does anyone know anyway to go about doing this?...

hmmm,
    K.K......

sunkarma's Avatar Evil666..reborn

Default Re: i think i wanna write a book?

Brainstorm as much as you can. What I used to do was a * In the middle was the central idea, the points of the stars were the ways I would get across that idea, and from that would come the structure. I still can't do but one chapter at a time (remember I told you last time?) but I think with some focus and some brainstorming, its a great idea.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Quote Originally Posted by sunkarma
    (remember I told you last time?)
    i'm sorry ,but no,i don't....

and thanks,i wasn't sure about the idea as a whole....if it would work well....

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by killerkat
    yea,so i got this idea....

kinda(in a very small way) like "Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance" but much more "direct" and with rods,and muck more engine/car based....

but spilling all my known philophy,and thought's,etc about life.....i realized after this "bump" i hit in the road,how i was basically being the teacher to change someones life after this happened....

and i kept finding myself using rods and all that shit as a " parallel " to let this person know what was very,very, wrong in their life,and noones going to put up with it anymore,and some were severly hurt by it(and that was only half of that"bump",haha) ....

i know i couldn't actually write it ,but maybe get all the thoughts down ,and work with someone else to "dial it in".....

any thoughts/ or does anyone know anyway to go about doing this?...

hmmm,
    K.K......
    Just start getting the thoughts down. Don't worry about form or even try to write it from start to finish. Write a page a day or something. Then, you'll start picturing what you want to say and how. Don't put any pressure or deadlines on youself. Just write then sort it out as you can. Eventually, you'll hit a groove and get where you want to go with it.

OEC

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

I've been writing the same book for nearly seven years. I'll finish it someday. maybe. eventually. I hope.

sunkarma's Avatar Evil666..reborn

Quote Originally Posted by killerkat
    i'm sorry ,but no,i don't....

and thanks,i wasn't sure about the idea as a whole....if it would work well....
    Oh, when I write a novel, I sit down and alot about an hour a day to writing. I try to knock out a chapter a day. That is what I meant. I thought I had told you that before...hmm...my mind...is disintegrating as I get older.

+ Reply to Thread