+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Theft? Fraud? Advice?

Default Theft? Fraud? Advice?

Ok so im pretty pissed right now.
    A couple of customers filed chargebacks through paypal and even though ive been trying to contact them they havent responded.

So the only way to dispute the chargeback is to get delivery confirmation..so i did and i entered it in as proof of shipment to paypal.
    Paypal reviewed the cases and still let them get their money back!!!

So now not only am i out almost $400 (which is a big deal to me right now) but they all got free shit that took me over 7 hours a peice to make!

Paypal says that even though they had to refund the money they will try and fight for us because we did get proof, but it could be up to 75 days and thats IF the customers credit card company lets it go back through.

what the fuck? does that mean that if people pay with credit cards anywhere they can just chargeback it and say they never got it and the credit card company says " hrmm..ill just toss out this confirmation notice" heres your fucking money back.
    Im getting tottally screwed here because for some reason now EVERYBODY is doing it to me and im almost into the fucking negative.

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

Default Re: Theft? Fraud? Advice?

WOW.. That fucking sucks.. I don't know what I would do in that situation... I wish Iknew those "theifs" (i mean customers were) i would put a Jihad out on them, with midget muslims...

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Unfortunately, in this world, cash still is king

goodluck though

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler
    A couple of customers filed chargebacks through paypal and even though ive been trying to contact them they havent responded.

So the only way to dispute the chargeback is to get delivery confirmation..so i did and i entered it in as proof of shipment to paypal.

So now not only am i out almost $400 (which is a big deal to me right now) but they all got free shit that took me over 7 hours a peice to make!

Paypal says that even though they had to refund the money they will try and fight for us because we did get proof, but it could be up to 75 days and thats IF the customers credit card company lets it go back through.

what the fuck? does that mean that if people pay with credit cards anywhere they can just chargeback it and say they never got it and the credit card company says " hrmm..ill just toss out this confirmation notice" heres your fucking money back.
    Im getting tottally screwed here because for some reason now EVERYBODY is doing it to me and im almost into the fucking negative.

This somehow doesn't surprise me. I had to literally stop reading about the state of debt and credit in this country (depressed me) At the same time, I totally dig your venture. Let's go fuck shit up

OEC

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler

I feel for you. This happens to all online businesses regularly. The funny thing about it (if you happen to have a dark sense of humor) is that the people charging back think they are terribly clever, but they are also screwing themselves. The various banking type organizations share information amongst their clients and with each other. So people who do this kind of crooked scumbaggery quickly get to the point where they can almost never buy anything online. It sounds like the people who robbed you did a credit card chargeback to PayPal because PayPal found in your favor in the dispute. This means that they may never be able to buy anything via PayPal again. So they managed to steal some freebies, but now they won't be able to shop at all at a lot of places.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

i hope they dont get to shop thru paypal again... thats pretty fucked up

Mother Superior

You have every right to be fucking pissed. Some people are low-lifes. They just want everything fucking handed to them free. People will get wise to the con. They will see it was hardly worth it.

Sara X's Avatar lizard breath

this has happened to me twice selling things on ebay to people in europe. i sent $200 worth of jeans to germany that i'd sold for $120 & paypal just took my money. the same thing happened the year before that with someone in england who bought a corset from me, but fortunately they were booted off of ebay shortly thereafter (not before taking my money of course). it makes me so fucking mad you have no idea... well, maybe you do.

Mother Superior

I will never use E-bay or PayPal ever.. Never been burned but I know too many people who have.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirren
    I will never use E-bay or PayPal ever.. Never been burned but I know too many people who have.
    same i know too many peeps that have been burned ,most case's tho my freind in the Music biz will not ship any thing till Check is in hand and IN THE BANK ..then do the 1 day shiping to the customer

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

always the best way.

autumn's Avatar Member

I can understand where your coming from. I have a store on ebay and I use paypal. I haven't had this happen, I think it's different with ebay vs a direct store. You mentioned delivery confirmation, I hope you use it for all your shipments. I learned that lesson by people stating they didn't receive "said" item. I'm sorry to hear of your bad news, hopefully it will all work out in the end.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

yeah and then there's people like who are too paranoid to use the in ternet for buying anything and the odd time we have to we are so happy we didn't get ripped off

funny world

+ Reply to Thread