+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Did you like the MTV show The State?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Did you like the MTV show The State?

Kellie showed me this link to a petition to get them to release The State on home video:

http://www.petitiononline.com/STVHSDVD/petition.html

I want to be Boz's bitch!

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Default Re: Did you like the MTV show The State?

never heard of it,mtv's never really been my cup of joe(fuck tea).....

It was one of their first shows and probably their only good one. Thus, of course, they promptly cancelled it.

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

I liked kids in the hall better but I loved the pudding guys....uh....yeah! lol
    three hundred and fifty dollas....a wortha puddin. lol

I'm sticking my butt in pudding!

lol...."how did we get three uhndred and fifty dollars worth of pudding?"
    "shhhhhhhhhhh....."
    "mhm, that's right-aint none of yo concern." that shit was hillarious.

that and the one where the kid was pretending to be gay so he'd be popular and then everyone found out he wasnt and were all upset. lol
    sigh, good times.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

I LOVED It...I recorded it all the time and still remember some of their sketches and recognize it's members. I miss it so...I loved the promo's they had with all the major reviewers saying how much they sucked.

Sadly the petition would be useless. MTV (it's parent company in this case), members of The State, and Fans all want the series on DVD...but (and so far only a small compilation DVD hit the racks a few years back) due to MUSIC Licensing laws it's causing a ton of red tape. All involved are trying to get through this...a small blurb appears on the Official Site

These same Music licensing issues keep Daria, WKRP in Cincinnati, China Beach, Unedited Bevis & Butthead episodes, and many shows that use music of it's age or time period related. It's also KILLED many shows that have been released on DVD when the music was changed...most notably the atmosphere killing removal of the Rolling Stones "Paint it, Black" from Tour of Duty.

That said the official site has some great info on how to get the show back in the air in other ways...I have hopes though that the DVD's will hit the market soon...unedited hopefully.

I'd love to pick a copy up-I was like a teenager when that came out
    (jr. high-goll that was a long time ago.) I have so many dvd series I need to pick up-peewees playhouse,buffy,angel,the twilight zone
    (rod serling black and white not modern) la bluegirl.......

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    I LOVED It...I recorded it all the time and still remember some of their sketches and recognize it's members. I miss it so...I loved the promo's they had with all the major reviewers saying how much they sucked.

Sadly the petition would be useless. MTV (it's parent company in this case), members of The State, and Fans all want the series on DVD...but (and so far only a small compilation DVD hit the racks a few years back) due to MUSIC Licensing laws it's causing a ton of red tape. All involved are trying to get through this...a small blurb appears on the Official Site

These same Music licensing issues keep Daria, WKRP in Cincinnati, China Beach, Unedited Bevis & Butthead episodes, and many shows that use music of it's age or time period related. It's also KILLED many shows that have been released on DVD when the music was changed...most notably the atmosphere killing removal of the Rolling Stones "Paint it, Black" from Tour of Duty.

That said the official site has some great info on how to get the show back in the air in other ways...I have hopes though that the DVD's will hit the market soon...unedited hopefully.

Looks like the petition is linked on their site too, so they must want people to sign it.

I love Reno 911 too. Can't wait for new episodes to start.

I didn't know some of them toured with Ninja Turtles Live. I was stagecrew for that tour.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

I was so dissapointed by the promo for the new season when they said the action figures were not REALLY for sale....

They were so cool looking!

I was so dissapointed by the promo for the new season when they said the action figures were not REALLY for sale....

They were so cool looking!

I haven't really been into action figures in years and I keep getting indignant about that whenever I see the promo anyway.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Awesome shows both "The State" and "Reno 911"

if they really made the action figures for 911 I would have the whole set..too damned funny

kellie's Avatar Senior Member

I just realized last weekend that some of the members of Reno 911 were in the state. Officer Dangle was Barry...or maybe Levon, dont remember. I love Reno 911 even more now! Theres some new show coming on comedy central soon that features other ex state members.

EDIT:
    DOH! Amelia just said that, I should read everything before I come in with my response!

Hula Hoop Supervisor

A few members also had a short lived 60's style variety show on Comedy Central too...it was actually pretty cool.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    I haven't really been into action figures in years and I keep getting indignant about that whenever I see the promo anyway.
    Same here but I would make an exception for some Reno 911 figures...after all who doesn't want a cop in short shorts on their desk?

Same here but I would make an exception for some Reno 911 figures...after all who doesn't want a cop in short shorts on their desk?

I liked the State but I think I will skip the Dangler on my desk. I don't really have a desk exactly so I suppose it is okay.

"Doug! He's outta here!"

"But men cant grow beards in space, so he must be an alien!"

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

I WANNA DIP MY BALLS IN IT!!!!!!

Well I'm Doug and I'm outta heeeeeeere.

God what a great show.

I wanna dip my balls in it...!

Im thinking that alot of the Kids In The Hall Kids were on the state, but Im not sure about that.

+ Reply to Thread