+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Counter-Strike.

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Default Counter-Strike.

Does anyone know where I can get a new in box copy of Counter-Strike? I need it cheap (sub $20 w/tax) and fast. My friend got me addicted.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Default Re: Counter-Strike.

just get a copy of Half Life 1(like $10 to $15) and download it...it's a free mod.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

holy shit is that helicopter game, i played that years ago,holy shit!!!!, i can';t belive you made me think about that......

got it at pawn shop.......

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by killerkat
    holy shit is that helicopter game, i played that years ago,holy shit!!!!, i can';t belive you made me think about that......

got it at pawn shop.......

Diffrent game...I know the series you're thinking of though. This is a shooter...terrorrist vs. counter-terrorrists. Whole lotta killing.

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Yeah...but I'm looking for the stand-alone version so I can get Steam and play online

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

try amazon.com i play the x-box version and it kicks serious ass i suggest you get it if you have an x-box

Skavian's Avatar Member

Try doing a search on Amazon.com or something. Used and new tends to have good prices on the whole, especially if you are a US citizen.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

how redneck is that? instead of evil aliens from outer space that want to take over the earth... evil terrorrists from outer space ( middle east) that want to take over the earth! yay! let's make the world safe for white people by shooting everyone else.

Skavian's Avatar Member

There's a game like that. It's called America's Army. Made by rednecks for rednecks.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    how redneck is that? instead of evil aliens from outer space that want to take over the earth... evil terrorrists from outer space ( middle east) that want to take over the earth! yay! let's make the world safe for white people by shooting everyone else.
    Actually the whole thing has zero to do with rednecks and white people...the idea came about to get away from the fantasy weaponry that dominated shooted pre-Rainbow 6 days. It mixed this generations cowboys and indians, used real world weapons,a simple yet effective team based play mechanic and has become the top online shooter of the last 4 years...

It's not even about terrorrists and counter-terrorrists anymore...It's all about weapon choices...plus the mod creators were a pretty varied lot.

Also the terrorists models used in game tend to be your European themed nut jobs...

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by Skavian
    There's a game like that. It's called America's Army. Made by rednecks for rednecks.
    More of an Operation Flashpoint fan myself but the game has a strong following amoung a huge crossection of gamers. A few local lan cafe's have it from time to time and not a one inside is a "redneck".

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuietPlace
    Yeah...but I'm looking for the stand-alone version so I can get Steam and play online
    Here's the thing....

Download steam...buy a cheap copy of HL 1 and you're done.

As long as you have a HL 1, CS, or CS:CZ CDkey you can DL the latest version of CS.

I'm saying this cause retail copies of CS went out of print when CS:CZ came out. That game has currently gone out of print in favor of HL2 and CS:S

HL 1 is still easy to score used, new, whatever for less than $15. All you need is the CD key...Steam will pretty much need to do the rest. It's much better to download the needed files from Steam as it tends to be bitchy about well...everything.

If I can find my HL 1 CD tommorow I'll give you the CD key and you can use that...you won't need to buy a thing that way. I never use it and never will since I have HL 2: Silver.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by Kidthorazine
    try amazon.com i play the x-box version and it kicks serious ass i suggest you get it if you have an x-box
    PC version is muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch better. More maps, models, sounds, larger community, better updates...

+ Reply to Thread