+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Amelia's Brother

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default Amelia's Brother

So: Should guys like us give advice to our model/starfucker compadres? If so what? My sense is he's seen this play out for as long (or longer) than I have. Generally speaking, you just run and hear the sad tale as we sip our morning tea. Have we any duties here?

OEC

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Re: Amelia's Brother

His are more of the variety who appear in Sports Illustrated and on sitcoms and TV drama and think that A-list actor or director is totally going to hook them up with a major motion picture. May or may not be applicable to the wilder stripe. Not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    His are more of the variety who appear in Sports Illustrated and on sitcoms and TV drama and think that A-list actor or director is totally going to hook them up with a major motion picture. May or may not be applicable to the wilder stripe. Not sure.
    To a point. I should qualify my remarks: Obviously, there is nothing wrong with sleeping with celebrities + some models would qualify as such. I know women who have the famous folks seeking them out not vice versa.

That is kind of the principle I'm looking for. They do these things to climb up some social ladder that doesn't really exist. Never dealt with anyone who thought they'd score a movie role that way (unless they forgot the lithium haha)

OEC

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

?error
    Context Missing From Line 10

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerpunk
    ?error
    Context Missing From Line 10
    Subject title is just a play on the fact that her brother knows some of those chicks.

OEC

Quote Originally Posted by One Eyed Cat
    To a point. I should qualify my remarks: Obviously, there is nothing wrong with sleeping with celebrities + some models would qualify as such. I know women who have the famous folks seeking them out not vice versa.

That is kind of the principle I'm looking for. They do these things to climb up some social ladder that doesn't really exist. Never dealt with anyone who thought they'd score a movie role that way (unless they forgot the lithium haha)

OEC

I understand why a good-looking girl from the middle of nowhere would expect to be getting movie roles any day now, if some movie star is buying her a car or some director is paying her rent. But those guys never hook up those girls. If they don't like the girl, they don't want her becoming a permanent part of their world. If they do like the girl, they don't want to give her access to other options besides them.

There is only so much you can tell someone you care about how it is, though. I try to express very general concepts about how the world is and how I wish it were and people will take it very personally.

A beautiful girl does not want to hear that the guy she thinks is her knight in shining armor is really never going to stay with her or give her what she wants in life. She doesn't want to know that she will be traded in for a younger, thinner one as she staledates. She might come back, after making the mistake anyway, and tell you you were right or she might still want to shoot the messenger.

In general, I try to get my general ideas out there, but not point stuff like that out on a direct personal level where it would be meant personally.

Yeah but on the other side of the coin, the girl from the middle of nowhere is banging the C-lister with the eye on a B-lister, looking to move up the pyramid. The nasty truth is that yeah, guys trade women in for younger models but far more often, girls go "wait a sec, one divorce court later (no cause necessary) and I get half his stuff and his money, and can move on to someone else."

Psychology shows men get attached to women FAR more than the inverse, and women will toss your ass out on a dime, mostly for doing your level best to make her happy.

I feel no sympathy for anyone trying to fuck her way into or out of a job, she gets what she deserves.

I understand why a good-looking girl from the middle of nowhere would expect to be getting movie roles any day now, if some movie star is buying her a car or some director is paying her rent. But those guys never hook up those girls. If they don't like the girl, they don't want her becoming a permanent part of their world. If they do like the girl, they don't want to give her access to other options besides them.

There is only so much you can tell someone you care about how it is, though. I try to express very general concepts about how the world is and how I wish it were and people will take it very personally.

A beautiful girl does not want to hear that the guy she thinks is her knight in shining armor is really never going to stay with her or give her what she wants in life. She doesn't want to know that she will be traded in for a younger, thinner one as she staledates. She might come back, after making the mistake anyway, and tell you you were right or she might still want to shoot the messenger.

In general, I try to get my general ideas out there, but not point stuff like that out on a direct personal level where it would be meant personally.
    I generally won't both beyond basic workings I've seen as well. It's kind of sad to see people repeat certain mistakes, but they are ultimately their mistakes to make. There is an odd romanticism to the let-downs even. I usually shy away from women like this when I see it. They will inevitably cross boundaries.

OEC

Yeah but on the other side of the coin, the girl from the middle of nowhere is banging the C-lister with the eye on a B-lister, looking to move up the pyramid. The nasty truth is that yeah, guys trade women in for younger models but far more often, girls go "wait a sec, one divorce court later (no cause necessary) and I get half his stuff and his money, and can move on to someone else."

Psychology shows men get attached to women FAR more than the inverse, and women will toss your ass out on a dime, mostly for doing your level best to make her happy.

I feel no sympathy for anyone trying to fuck her way into or out of a job, she gets what she deserves.
    Studies show this? I could see it if you mean the women who are faithful but let guys fuck anyone and everyone we want. That's not to denigrate exclusive relationships. I am happy for those who do find it. I think guys go into loin mode more quickly though.

OEC

Studies show that women initiate more than 60% of all divorces, 80% of the time it's without any real cause (they're just bored). I don't have those facts at hand, but that's what I remember reading.

Men take breakups far harder, while her and her friends are cheering her financial windfall and celebrating her divorce, he's moving into bachelor towers and living on Lean Cuisine on sale cause it expired four days ago.

Studies show that women initiate more than 60% of all divorces, 80% of the time it's without any real cause (they're just bored). I don't have those facts at hand, but that's what I remember reading.

Men take breakups far harder, while her and her friends are cheering her financial windfall and celebrating her divorce, he's moving into bachelor towers and living on Lean Cuisine on sale cause it expired four days ago.
    I can see that happening in the context of divorce + $

OEC

Context of most relationships. She ain't married, she's got all the more reason to ditch the guy she's with to find "something real" with "Mister Right"

YMMV however, and for the record, I believe NOBODY here is like that...

which is why I am here.

I'd be interested to see those stats. I personally know more men who are ready for an exclusive committed relationship than women. When I have traveled in more "normal" circles, I think women were more likely to get attached (or at least convince themselves they were attached) from casual liaisons.

I'd be interested to see those stats. I personally know more men who are ready for an exclusive committed relationship than women. When I have traveled in more "normal" circles, I think women were more likely to get attached (or at least convince themselves they were attached) from casual liaisons.
    http://www.askmen.com/fashion/austin...ion_style.html

Some women (and no doubt some men) just need that constant validation. It goes beyond anything physical. It does suck when someone says they're for a "casual liaison" but really want something else (and vice versa)

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Honesty is key is those situations.^ Sometimes feelings change though. I'm actually finding myself in a similar situation as we speak. I shouldn't complain though, I knew what I was getting into from the beginning...but I just can't stop. I suck.

+ Reply to Thread