+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jacket Dye Job?.....

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Default Jacket Dye Job?.....

so i found an old club jacket in my friends Garage(mine from a looong time ago)....

it's mostly white,unlined.....

is there a way i can dye the sleeves black....i know alot of you can do some cool shit with fabrics,so lay it one me,brotha's and sista's ....

i'd like to line it if i can,start wearing it again....

Feelin'Nostalgic,
    K.K..........

Default Re: Jacket Dye Job?.....

My wife is a semi-professional seemstress. She just went to bed but tomorrow after work I will show her this thread. Perhaps if she knows what you would like exactly and you were feeling ballsy you could send it to us and she will do what you ask for very cheap or for trade like burned cd's, or whatever. If you sweet talk her it could be done for free.
    If you didn't want to send it she can tell you how to do it.

holy shit !!,thanks man.....

i'm not 100% if i can ship it,but if not i'll definatly find a way to put some pictures,to show the result.....

if i end up doing it myself,i probally won't try to line it ,even with good advice,unless its rather easy,i can sew,but i don't have a machine.....

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

I have a drab double breasted london fog trench i've been wanting to dye black and replace the buttons with shiny silver ones.

Quote Originally Posted by killerkat
    holy shit !!,thanks man.....

i'm not 100% if i can ship it,but if not i'll definatly find a way to put some pictures,to show the result.....

if i end up doing it myself,i probally won't try to line it ,even with good advice,unless its rather easy,i can sew,but i don't have a machine.....
    Just send pics and we'll help out. I thought I could sew pretty well. After several christmas and birthday gifts she had all kinds of crazy machines. I thought hand sewing was better but now she gets $700 shirts or pants, from deisgners to fix. Her work is now professional. I guess their is something to be said for machines after all. She is from old school needle and thread roots though and we'll be able to tell you a quick, cheap, and easy way to do it.

malcolm: same as above. get in touch....

Quote Originally Posted by pagan
    She is from old school needle and thread roots though and we'll be able to tell you a quick, cheap, and easy way to do it.
    ok so ,pictures have not yet been a possibility,(sorry it's hard to find one of those bitches),BUT i can describe it:

it's 65% poly.
    35% cotton

unlined
    white,black cuffs,collar....
    in big sewed on letters"the GRIFTERS"......
    has alot of grease,smells like gas,whiskey, .....

i'd like to dye just the sleeves black.....i looked at some vat dyes,and you have to do the whole thing........hmmmm

so would i have to use fabric paints,(i'd rather not).....

i'f she could give some advice on how to go about lining a already done jacket,i'd be more than thankfull ..........

purplepixie's Avatar Senior Member

i suggest you buy fabric dye that you can brush on rather than the conventional vet and machine dyes, its liquid form not powder dont know where you get in from though (but i had to use some earlier this year for A level textiles), i think that this will be easier for you than removing the sleeves plus if its poly cotton it will dye a bit better this way anyway as polycotton doesnt like to dye all that easy

purplepixie's Avatar Senior Member

its not fabric paint though because its more liquid than fabric paint it's kinda gloopy texture if that makes any sense probably not

Quote Originally Posted by purplepixie
    its not fabric paint though because its more liquid than fabric paint it's kinda gloopy texture if that makes any sense probably not

nope ,but thanks for the other stuff....if i don't ship it so Pagan,i'll try that.........

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

will do man.

+ Reply to Thread