+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What Were Some Strange Rules Your Parents Had...... ?

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

Default What Were Some Strange Rules Your Parents Had...... ?

WHAT WERE SOME STRANGE RULES YOUR PARENTS HAD WHEN U WERE GROWING UP???

I was allowed to wear short skirts and medium length skirts but not LONG skirts!

Other than that just normal stuff, like no "dog collars" at shool

helcyon's Avatar i am no one

Default Re: What Were Some Strange Rules Your Parents Had...... ?

How about "Stop smoking pot now that you're 15 even though you were allowed when you were younger". Yeah right... laugh... ignore... too much too little too late... as if i didn't like being popular at school. And look at me now! I should've listened to the paranoid stoners.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scar
    short skirts and medium length skirts but not LONG skirts!
    Perhaps your parents are economists and you grew up in times of good to excellent prosperity. There is a direct correlation between the length of hemlines on women's dresses and the state of the economy. The better the times the shorter the hemline that is fashionable. I'm not kidding for once. Well not substantively.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

From age thirteen or fourteen, so long as I had an A average, I effectively didn't have a curfew. Get a B- in any subject except gym and I had a floating early curfew I had to debate for on every occasion I wanted to go out.

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    From age thirteen or fourteen, so long as I had an A average, I effectively didn't have a curfew. Get a B- in any subject except gym and I had a floating early curfew I had to debate for on every occasion I wanted to go out.
    wow sounds alot like when i was in school ,but i also worked and they didnt know if i was at work r goofin off lol

AnnieAnatomy's Avatar Wanted in all states

my folks were really strict with me when I was a young teen (my dad was anyway) and I always felt like a disappointment, however my parents were actually really proud when I became a qualified piercer at 17, after that they totally loosened up and I could go where ever I pleased when so ever I pleased (envy of my mates in that respect!).

But that skirt thing is weird Scar, i got the same treatment!

ok one was you HAD too eat every thing on your plate ,,and i mean every thing , my Father grew up poor down in Tenn. and that was he's pet pev.. you didnt eat you dont go out and play , but boy would he make ya do Chores ,and were did he find all those damm things any way ?? i think he made up most of them ,,,, like fix the roof ," dad im only 12 and got a fear of hights" ,,well were gonna get ya over that now aint we!

grebo's Avatar Senior Member

i was catholic so i had to go to church every sunday.
    i did until i moved out with the exception of getting home from a weekend of clubbing and then id tell them i went on the way home.
    my parents didnt let us smoke, ( i never smoked) so when i came home from a club stinking of beer and ciggies and crashed out listening to the stereo in the loungeroom i would wake up with a air-freshener right next to my head, not a car dangly one, it was one of those big ones that opens up at different degrees to let out a different amount of fragrance, shed open it fully to let me know i stank.

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

Being one of many children, we had to share a lot. We would be eating Ice Lollies or Ice Cream and my baby brother would eat his really fast, then demand that we swapped. My parents would make us swap to keep him quiet, so we had to exchange our almost complete treat for his almost consumed one! Little bar-stad would end up with the Lion's Share! The fact now he is going bald and has a beer gut makes me smile!

+ Reply to Thread