+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Poketclocks: The Steampunk Wristwatch

Mekahoel The Pandafist's Avatar Cold, wet and hungry

Default Poketclocks: The Steampunk Wristwatch

I procured a pocketclock the other day. It's all shiny and the body is mostly glass so you can see the gears and springs working and spinning away.....
    So!

What do you prefer, a pocket or a wrist wach? Digital or clockwork? I myself love watching clockwork and hate the feeling of a wristband, despite the shitloads of braceletts and cuffs I own. Is that a little odd? So it's a pocketclock for me.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Default Re: Poketclocks: The Steampunk Wristwatch

I used to have a couple of those. I like them, but not so much for the climate I'm in. People just don't really wear coats here, so there is no place to put it properly. Watches were always hard because my wrists seem a little thin and big chunky guy watches look out of balance, but I'm rough on smaller ones. I just use my cell phone for time.

postcoital's Avatar Curiously Strong Altoid

I don't wear wristwatches. I have some wrist tattoos, but that's not the actual reason, I just don't like the feeling. I don't wear bracelets and stuff either.
    On the other hand, I also don't have a pocketclock. I don't think these things are handy. The clock on my cellphone works fine for me.

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

i have a personal hatred of clockwork types... its not that i can't tell time i look and i know what time it is...but as soon as someone else askes me i seem to look at it for minutes trying to figure it out... can't explain it at all.

i have/wear a pocket watch for when i wear my suit or a tux to a fancy event

normally i just wear the cheapo digital watches that cost no more then ten bucks and are fully water proof b/c i have a very bad habbit of breaking them usually by getting ripped off my wrist in some way shape or form

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

i have the same problem with giving people the time weird isnt it? I have a pocketwatch that I wear in the winter when i wear a coat long sleves because its easier to look at in that situation and in the summer i wear a wristwatch but it cant be digital i hate digital watches they are so tacky and it pisses me off

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

i have seen some nicer digital watches that look better then most clock types...but unfortuantly they where not water resistant in the slightest(at least for me that spells certian doom or a waste of money take your pick)

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I just look at the sun to tell time. for serious. but at night I need to ask someone or find a clock, cuz I can't read the stars.

+ Reply to Thread