Thread: Just read....

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Default Just read....

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Toront...33496-sun.html

Thu, February 17, 2005

Teen outcasts troll Net
    Site for youths obsessed with blood, pain, sex
    By KEVIN CONNER, Toronto Sun

TEENAGE "vampires" who refer to themselves as outcasts, and are obsessed with blood, pain and sex, are freely roaming the Internet looking for similar souls. The website -- vampirefreaks.com, which boasts 163,745 mostly teenage members -- was the catalyst for a mistrial in the brutal murder trial of 12-year-old Johnathan, who was killed in his home by his older brother and two other teens.

A good deal of the site is dedicated to sex and the favourite topics are S&M, bondage, sodomy, necrophilia, water sports and general rough sex.

"I love it when my legs are behind my ears and the girl is choking me," one boy wrote.

Mistress Pain wrote, "having a partner play dead during sex is hot."

The website has thousands of links to cults and worship groups from deviant sexual behaviour to Goth and heavy metal bands.

On the site, members write their profiles and many of the teens say "life is pointless and boring."

Others write about being outcasts because of school, divorced parents or because of other teens they hate --some of whom deserve to die, they write.

~~~

On another note, here is the writers email. Feel free to send emails to him.

kevin.connor@tor.sunpub.com

Ellis's Avatar Kuwabara Kuwabara

Default Re: Just read....

...water sports?

Ichigo's Avatar Senior Member

I hate that site. The people on it are so lame, they're all a bunch of mansonites who think they know what goth is.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

I could never take the site seriously...it always felt like people were trying too hard to one up each other on the "creepy" factor but end up sounding like they are a bunch of B-Movie horror writers. Plus you gotta factor in that with so many teens...a good what 90% are lying about pretty much EVERYTHING they say?

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuietPlace
    [url]
    A good deal of the site is dedicated to sex and the favourite topics are S&M, bondage, sodomy, necrophilia, water sports and general rough sex.
    I know! I love Blue Blood Boards too!

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Plus you gotta factor in that with so many teens...a good what 90% are lying about pretty much EVERYTHING they say?
    That's very much true. Half of them probably went out bought some eyeliner, and applied 90 pounds of it, took pictures, uploaded them. And say "I hate life. Why don't I just go commit suicide?" Voila! Now they are "goth"!

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

that's so stuipid, if kids think it's not cool to want to life, then why don't they plot some mass suicide,quit stealin' my air, you dumb kids,and just die..........becuse i actually enjoy living and all it's harshness.........

i hate kids acting like that, they don't even know half of the shit you got to deal with in REAL life,that's what makes life ,life,........ahhhh, i hate that, i wish i met these kids,so i could smack the shit out of 'em a few times........

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

Quote Originally Posted by killerkat
    i hate kids acting like that, they don't even know half of the shit you got to deal with in REAL life,that's what makes life ,life,........ahhhh, i hate that, i wish i met these kids,so i could smack the shit out of 'em a few times........
    You and me both man, I had a friend of mine kill himself, mostly because of shit like that. I know my life sucks, but that's why I'm hitting the books, so I can at least try to make my life better.

CarnalxKiss's Avatar Carnal Love Goddess

sighs..ok im a touchy person on this kind of shit...i was *goth* in the early 80's...starting about the age of 13....so..what is with this teen angst today?...we had all the same issue sof today...divorce, rejection...alienation...we did not say....gee im so depressed im going to kill you, myself or start cutting up my body....we knew we were different...we wanted our own identity...we were rebellious...and angry at society...the governement...family etc...but we chose other creative ways to vent it...seems like todays youthful gothic scene..is lazy...uncreative and blind....Of course we couldnt just go buy our goth items...we had to make clothes, alter them...we shopped vintage and took stock in jazzing hair dye...(god im old lol) Today my daughter is 17..she is goth...she is happy content and highly creative..(amazes me) are our teens so bored with life that they feel the need to dodangerous things and tempt fate? they are still babies....babes without a purpose....seems to me they just need to find a purpose...the gothic scene wasnt evolved to promote suicide...it was made to promot elife...the things we dont like about it...and change it...take a stand..get involved....cant do any of this when your worm food in a pine box..

Im sure many people will be pissed off by my response..and frankly..i couldnt give two shits..all of this depression and violence in the young goth scene pisses me off...you know its ok to be happy and content...and still be *goth*... i think that site should be burned down...and the owners held accountable to any harm that comes to teens from its boards...am i harsh?...damn right I am...

nyar's Avatar The Crawling Chaos

wait- aren't all teens like that?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by CarnalxKiss
    sighs..ok im a touchy person on this kind of shit...i was *goth* in the early 80's...starting about the age of 13....so..what is with this teen angst today?...we had all the same issue sof today...divorce, rejection...alienation...we did not say....gee im so depressed im going to kill you, myself or start cutting up my body....we knew we were different...we wanted our own identity...we were rebellious...and angry at society...the governement...family etc...but we chose other creative ways to vent it...seems like todays youthful gothic scene..is lazy...uncreative and blind....Of course we couldnt just go buy our goth items...we had to make clothes, alter them...we shopped vintage and took stock in jazzing hair dye...(god im old lol) Today my daughter is 17..she is goth...she is happy content and highly creative..(amazes me) are our teens so bored with life that they feel the need to dodangerous things and tempt fate? they are still babies....babes without a purpose....seems to me they just need to find a purpose...the gothic scene wasnt evolved to promote suicide...it was made to promot elife...the things we dont like about it...and change it...take a stand..get involved....cant do any of this when your worm food in a pine box..

Im sure many people will be pissed off by my response..and frankly..i couldnt give two shits..all of this depression and violence in the young goth scene pisses me off...you know its ok to be happy and content...and still be *goth*... i think that site should be burned down...and the owners held accountable to any harm that comes to teens from its boards...am i harsh?...damn right I am...

I'm not sure that site specifically should be nuked or held responsible for this, but I really like your general sentiment. I feel like the sort of web goth thing is pretty different and much more self-indulgent in a bad way than the former real world gothic punk thing ever was. There is a distinction between mental illness in need of help and an individualistic approach to life or a dark aesthetic. Too much subculture, especially online, seems not to differentiate.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    Too much subculture, especially online, seems not to differentiate.
    No real reason too eaither since it is online and thus their are no real consequences. One can rant all day about wanting to die and someone somewhere will not only listen but agree...kind of like a pity party that does not end. It tends to be more talk than action and a whole lot of mass agreement that "everything sucks except you" thinking. I figure it's better have lame sites like that then for people to actually kill themselves...no dirty clean up, teens stay in front of a computer screen, and best of all you get them to spend their $$$ on assorted crap they don't need but think is cool.

23*'s Avatar Stranger than fiction
    Ireland With the Leprechauns and the little people.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    No real reason too eaither since it is online and thus their are no real consequences. One can rant all day about wanting to die and someone somewhere will not only listen but agree...kind of like a pity party that does not end. It tends to be more talk than action and a whole lot of mass agreement that "everything sucks except you" thinking. I figure it's better have lame sites like that then for people to actually kill themselves...no dirty clean up, teens stay in front of a computer screen, and best of all you get them to spend their $$$ on assorted crap they don't need but think is cool.

fine. i never was nor ever will be one of these 'sob story' or 'i cut myself because i am emotionally unstable & i love it" type people.

if you're not one and not compelled to pity them fine, join the club. i don't see your cold-hearted bravado as anything to parade either though.

in retrospect you were probably joking ...

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by 23*
    fine. i never was nor ever will be one of these 'sob story' or 'i cut myself because i am emotionally unstable & i love it" type people.

if you're not one and not compelled to pity them fine, join the club. i don't see your cold-hearted bravado as anything to parade either though.

in retrospect you were probably joking ...

Like I said in another thread...I loathe people who use their hardship as excuses for their failures. Life is hard and you can either seek the pity and sympathy of others or you can do what's needed to make a better life for yourself. If that's cold hearted then fine, I have no problem with that.

If a person needs Help...then they should get it. If a person simply want attention so they can bask in their misery in front of an audience...fuck em, worlds better of without them.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

kids like these are the reason i bought my ass kicking boots

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Quote Originally Posted by CarnalxKiss
    sighs..ok im a touchy person on this kind of shit...i was *goth* in the early 80's...starting about the age of 13....so..what is with this teen angst today?...we had all the same issue sof today...divorce, rejection...alienation...we did not say....gee im so depressed im going to kill you, myself or start cutting up my body....we knew we were different...we wanted our own identity...we were rebellious...and angry at society...the governement...family etc...but we chose other creative ways to vent it...seems like todays youthful gothic scene..is lazy...uncreative and blind....Of course we couldnt just go buy our goth items...we had to make clothes, alter them...we shopped vintage and took stock in jazzing hair dye...(god im old lol) Today my daughter is 17..she is goth...she is happy content and highly creative..(amazes me) are our teens so bored with life that they feel the need to dodangerous things and tempt fate? they are still babies....babes without a purpose....seems to me they just need to find a purpose...the gothic scene wasnt evolved to promote suicide...it was made to promot elife...the things we dont like about it...and change it...take a stand..get involved....cant do any of this when your worm food in a pine box...

yea, i would love to see some kids that are all ^ REAL gothic punk kids like the 80' i was around in the mid80's and it was still pretty stong where i was, younger as i was i was still mildly into it.......

on the VERY RARE occasion i still see people like that, kids or adults it makes me real happy, that original since of,"YEA, I'M DIFFERENT, SO FUCK YOU,i'll look different" whereas now it's like "i'm different , i might kill myself" what the hell ,man..........i tellin' ou guys they just need a good cultural/litteral smack in the face...........

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    I'm not sure that site specifically should be nuked or held responsible for this, but I really like your general sentiment. I feel like the sort of web goth thing is pretty different and much more self-indulgent in a bad way than the former real world gothic punk thing ever was. There is a distinction between mental illness in need of help and an individualistic approach to life or a dark aesthetic. Too much subculture, especially online, seems not to differentiate.
    Sad but true. In some ways, I think the era was more ripe for a gothic "movement" .
    There seems to be a lack of direction and purpose in a lot of today's subcultures. If that makes me conservative or ageist, so be it.

OEC

+ Reply to Thread