+ Reply to Thread

Thread: the power of thought

pixina's Avatar resident mud wrestler

Default the power of thought

i am curious: has anyone else seen the water crystals photographed in the experiment by Masaru Emoto? if so, what do you think of it all? do you believe in the power of thought? if we are made up of mostly water, how do you think this affects us?

HeadlessBill's Avatar Innocent Bystander

Default Re: the power of thought

For those unfamiliar, here is a link.

As for my opinion, it's a very intriguing theory, but I'd like to see more experimention with this.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

now as much as i love Quantum Physics,and the like...

Mr.Emoto's test was most probablly bullshit to some degree,he says him self the faults in it...

but i do beileve in the basic point OF the test.

by the way,and i'm sorry to point this out,but did the movie "what the (bleep) do we know" give you the idea for this?

it's a wonderfull movie,BUT it isn't the heart of what their talking about,it's more a very fancifull variation made for masses(small as they may be) to understand ....

Quote Originally Posted by killerkat
    by the way,and i'm sorry to point this out,but did the movie "what the (bleep) do we know" give you the idea for this?

it's a wonderfull movie,BUT it isn't the heart of what their talking about,it's more a very fancifull variation made for masses(small as they may be) to understand ....
    ah... no. i know that movie, though, but no. the idea is from some personal stuff i am going through plus the fact that i have always believed in mind over matter when it comes to my own body. then remembering an experiment from grade school i started wondering about other people's minds influencing me. or even my influence on others. so i just began looking it up. i was wanting some input from people outside my circle so i thought i would ask here.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

yeah but there is very little difference molecularly between sounds and pretty much none when it comes to typed words (other then obvious variations in materials used to make ink and paper). as much as some theory that morality is a universal scientific prospect (and that's really the whole point is isntit ? that things we percieve as "bad" or "good" have an effect on things on a molecular level) sounds nice, I have a realy hard time believing that hundreds of years of physics and elemental structure are negated by some guy looking through a microscope and discovering that every snowflake is different- and not taking into account such things like berometric pressure, altitude, humidity, temperature, etc. etc...

I am not that familiar with the study and i will research more before my next post. That said I do believe that "things we percieve as "bad or "good" have an effect on things on a molecular level. ( if that is what this is about)..
    not based on this study but from life. Cancer patient stories come to mind.

I love all that that new age shit. I've been getting Reiki energy healing treatments for my lungs since I quit smoking.

hmm... ok... i would like to hear more about these other things, too... cancer patients, reiki, etc... if you don't mind sharing
    also, i'm going to try to post my first link so if it doesn't work, sorry. if it does, then here are some of the crystal photos. even if you don't believe in what it is about they are still lovely to view link

Emoto's work is intriquing... for even more about water check out Victor Schauberger's research... he built flying saucers for the nazis... (under duress)

as for 'what the bleep'... it's a propaganda film for the 'ramtha' cult. which is why 'ramtha' got such a large amount of screen time. I never would have gone to it if I'd known that... oh well.

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by pixina
    i am curious: has anyone else seen the water crystals photographed in the experiment by Masaru Emoto? if so, what do you think of it all? do you believe in the power of thought? if we are made up of mostly water, how do you think this affects us?
    OK so what yould YOUR water molecule look like if they pasted your name on the bottle? Would it be in the form of two giant red lips? I think my water molecule would be 800cc's of crystalline shaped breasts....

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

Mine would scare old people and children....
    Me personally, I am not really into all of the new age stuff...
    But if I hear one more person classify acupuncture asa new age thing... I will have to summon all of my chakra's and blow a whole into their aura..

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    OK so what yould YOUR water molecule look like if they pasted your name on the bottle? Would it be in the form of two giant red lips? I think my water molecule would be 800cc's of crystalline shaped breasts....
    hee hee! now that is just silliness... but i am always up for silliness! hmm... mine would look like a cherry blossom if i was in a good mood. if i was in a bad mood maybe and exploding puff ball with little speckled dots and bones flying out of it. maybe big red lips if i was feeling smoochy...

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by pixina
    hee hee! now that is just silliness... but i am always up for silliness! hmm... mine would look like a cherry blossom if i was in a good mood. if i was in a bad mood maybe and exploding puff ball with little speckled dots and bones flying out of it. maybe big red lips if i was feeling smoochy...
    You know, I bet they REALLY WOULD look like that...

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

That said I do believe that "things we percieve as "bad or "good" have an effect on things on a molecular level. ( if that is what this is about)..
    is a knife bad? or good? how about a scalpel?

how about this car jack? good or bad? or this ping-pong ball?

i have a relative in the Soviet Union who owns a beautiful antique fountain pen, once owned by one of Stalin's secretaries. good or evil?

you'd probably say "good", until you learn that it signed documents that sent tens of thousands of innocent people to their deaths.

come on, people. let's get our heads out of the spa-bubbles.

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

I love all that that new age shit. I've been getting Reiki energy healing treatments for my lungs since I quit smoking.

coolies! is there a Reiki treatment for massive blood loss due to having a beer bottle broken over your head by a drunk soccer hooligan?

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

yeah, tape a sign on him that says his team is not good. this should cause the water in his body to form little red cards and he will lose faith in his team and become a lawyer. or maybe he might break another bottle over your head and kick you in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by sheramil
    is a knife bad? or good? how about a scalpel?

how about this car jack? good or bad? or this ping-pong ball?

i have a relative in the Soviet Union who owns a beautiful antique fountain pen, once owned by one of Stalin's secretaries. good or evil?

you'd probably say "good", until you learn that it signed documents that sent tens of thousands of innocent people to their deaths.

come on, people. let's get our heads out of the spa-bubbles.

Ok I see your point. My post should have been better thought out. I still have not even researched the topic of this thread.
    But to defend my words.. "good or bad" is a line that I stole from a post above mine. I don't even think in lines of good or bad.. Thats a whole other thread entirely.
    I was just trying to say that I do belive in the power of thought or "energy." A "mind over matter" kind of way. I related the little I know of this study to my beliefs of one's energy being able to change things.
    As far as objects, I don't know, that is an interesting idea.
    but not what I was trying to say. just wanted to clear that up.

+ Reply to Thread