+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Argh! Road trips are pretty much a thing of the past these days...

Syrran's Avatar Pocket Puerto Rican
    I'm a gypsy, I'm not really from anywhere.

Default Argh! Road trips are pretty much a thing of the past these days...

It took me a little over 100 bucks in gas and tolls to get from Philadelphia to Boston...I wish I could go cross country but I don't know how anyone can afford it. Isn't it actually cheaper to fly at this point?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Re: Argh! Road trips are pretty much a thing of the past these days...

Flying has gotten way more expensive too. A lot of times, if you road trip by yourself it would be about the same price to fly, only usually you can put a bunch of people in a car and even two people flying is more expensive than driving.

Yeah that's true. I don't why I'm even talking about it though. I'm having a hard time finding a job, like everyone else, but my parents won't even so much as cosign a loan for college until I have a decent full time job within a certain unsaid radius of their house. I probably won't be traveling farther than an hour or two away for some time. I'll have to live vicariously through others I guess. :P

Head Wreck's Avatar Dai the Llama

dirigibles are the answer!

DoctorZ's Avatar Senior Member

How would you power the airship?

funkatron's Avatar Dead Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    Flying has gotten way more expensive too. A lot of times, if you road trip by yourself it would be about the same price to fly, only usually you can put a bunch of people in a car and even two people flying is more expensive than driving.
    I shockingly found a roundtrip from Indy to San Jose for $230 with Frontier. Color me surprised. Might help that I'm flying there on Tuesday and back Thursday.

motormenace's Avatar Senior Member

I'll let you know how much it costs us to go from Baltimore to Happers Ferry, WV....Probably $60 just for gas alone..if I'm lucky.

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Just remember this in '08, when McSame wants eternal war with the Gulf to depress the supply.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrran
    Yeah that's true. I don't why I'm even talking about it though. I'm having a hard time finding a job, like everyone else, but my parents won't even so much as cosign a loan for college until I have a decent full time job within a certain unsaid radius of their house. I probably won't be traveling farther than an hour or two away for some time. I'll have to live vicariously through others I guess. :P
    Awww... I hate that for ya... seriously I DO!
    Sometimes things dont pan out so easily....

I absolutely LOVE a good road trip....

Gas prices are getting insane! It kills me.
    Its without a doubt incredibly frustrating.

I'm in bad need of a road trip, and so far, I've never flown in an airplane.
    (but I have in a helicopter)

planes aren't so bad. only thing I won't do is a cruise...no thanks.

DoctorZ's Avatar Senior Member

What, you don't like being stuck on a floating husk of hollowed out metal, sitting in the middle of nowhere with no escape, while hundreds (possibly) of complete strangers are on the same thing, each one possibly being an axe-murderer?

Whyever for?

Head Wreck's Avatar Dai the Llama

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZ
    How would you power the airship?
    sail and solar.

might take you a while,but it the journey that's the important bit

+ Reply to Thread