+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My boss is a bitch

Dusk's Avatar Senior Member

Default My boss is a bitch

I was working part time at the local take-a-way washing dishes.
    I have been there for 2YEARS.
    I went from 4 shifts a week (about 120 bucks) to 3 when they hired a third guy, who whinged about not getting enough shifts, so there goes another shift.
    then I got a job as a factory hand, and insted if letting me change from sunday/monday to sataday/sunday ther took a third shift (monday) and gave it to the same guy. After turning 18 they told me this guy was having money problems and gave him my last shift, telling me I would be working only if one of the other 2 guys couldnt work.
    I talked to they gut who now has ALL of my shifts and he told me that my boss asked him to work the extra day.
    I asked him to pull a sickie so I could get some money for karate and he agreed cos even he thinks that my boss is in the wrong.
    I asked my boss today when I went to get my pay and she started yelling saying I was putting words in her mouth and the other guy asked for the shift.
    Her excuse for peetty much firing my was "Yourre getting a job soon and I dont now if you will be able to work your normal shift"
    Now, I have told her that I would try to work there as much as I can, as I have said more that onece, which I why I tried to change my monday shift (which she gave away), then her dad kicked me out, cos I was arguing.
    All i was trying to do was find out what was happening.
    I didnt raise my voice once, even when she started yelling.
    I know she takes shifts of some people because there are others who work for less, espically on public holidays.
    Last long weekend I was told not to come in cos she would be washing and it would be quiet, I went there to get some dinner and the other guy (who she gave my other shifts to) was working, as was all the people who dont get paid as much.
    So Im going back tonight with my uniform and Im quitting, because Im sick of her shit.
    I got told I am the only kitchen habd who finishes EARLY and the guy she gave my shifts to need the others to come and help him finish on time.

rikosaka's Avatar ChorizoSmells

Default Re: My boss is a bitch

That sucks, I feel your pain, My boss at my semi regular job is like that also. He cut back the videos I shoot and the ones I edit so my pay has gone down by more than half. I get paid per video/project so the more I shoot/edit, the more I make.

But everyone else hates him too, but we can't get rid of him because he is the president and the guy who put him in charge likes him so he is here to stay. I was out of town last christmas and everyone went out for a Christmas party and they didn't invite the president. And we are all going out for a night of drinking and again, we all don't plan on inviting the boss even though it is a staff night out.

Anyway you can go above her head and tell her boss all the things she is doing?

Bacchus88's Avatar Senior Member

i remember having to deal with this so people should not be in management. I used to work for fedex, worse Hub in the company was RPS hub here in Atlanta. I was doing the management job and never seeing anything in return. I got pass over about 4 times, this bastard sat in the office while ran his stuff. I went to higher level boss of his and had long chat with them and got some things done.

I stayed there about another year then, then quite because I tried of being a working and not the boss. I have no boss now I am the boss...

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

I'm pretty thankful that my boss is extremly awesome, she also happens to be my friend. However, the people above her aren't as nice and have little concerns about anyone aside from themselves and the "corporate way", some of them even try to cover their asses and blame it on other people, ie the people who actually work. The company I work for, at least the store I work at, has a horrible tendancy to keep around dead weight and yell at the good workers for not working hard or fast enough, way to boost morale people.

Good luck with whatever job you decide though, no one should be treated un-fairly.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

be glad you're leaving. never work for someone with communication issues like that.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

yeah sometimes job's suck

Dusk's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by rikosaka

Anyway you can go above her head and tell her boss all the things she is doing?
    The only one above her is her dad, who kicked me out because I was upseting her.
    The thing is she handles the roster, so he probly dosent know what shes been doing

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

When I was an employee it sucked. Now I'm the boss, and guess what? It still sucks. Although, the better salary does make the job easier to deal with.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

The worst jobs are the ones where you get punished for doing good work. Or at least those were always the ones which made me most miserable. Much sympathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    The worst jobs are the ones where you get punished for doing good work. Or at least those were always the ones which made me most miserable. Much sympathy.
    My husband runs into that one all the time. No matter what kind of job he does, he always gives it everything he's got... and the other workers give him a lot of shit for making them look bad...
    He DOESNT do it for that reason, he's just that dedicated.
    He's such a good salesman, his old boss would put him with the toughest client lists because if anyone was going to make a sale, it would be DB (my husband)

He had the hardest time making what the others made,just because he'd always get the bad lists.
    That is, until he got promoted, after his reputation, and performance caught corporate attention. He's moving up in the company faster than anyone else in the entire company's history.

On days he has to make calls, he gets offers by other companies to work for them, he's such a good salesman.
    Very honest too, that is almost a contradiction. But that's what makes him a good sales person.
    (right now, my family is having a crisis with my aunt, who's been institutionalized twice recently, and I'm the ONLY person who can deal with her. She's getting ready to win a HUGE lawsuit, and just as soon as that's resolved, we can move on... and leave Kentucky behind. ---many of you know how eager I am to move on, and why ----
    My aunt will soon be able to afford all the help she needs.
    ....and before anyone gets the wrong idea, I dont want a penny of my aunt's money that will be coming to her, no matter how much I've done for her... I want her to be taken care of as best as possible. What I do for her, is because I love her, and I'll stay by her side as long as necessary)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Knucklebones
    When I was an employee it sucked. Now I'm the boss, and guess what? It still sucks. Although, the better salary does make the job easier to deal with.
    congrats on the promotion.

+ Reply to Thread