+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: where and what were you doing when bin Laden's skunks blew up the WTC?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Re: where and what were you doing when bin Laden's skunks blew up the WTC?

Quote Originally Posted by MidniteCliche
    That was the morning that my father died, so I was in the emergency/life-support rooms when the planes hit, and when I wasn't in the there, I was in the waiting rooms watching the towers colapse on CNN. (not that I really cared or paid much attention, as I was pre-occupied.)
    Wow, that must be like a worst day ever. Sorry that happened to you.

Default Re: where and what were you doing when bin Laden's skunks blew up the WTC?

haha that the funnest thing i ever heard.

HelenaHotpants's Avatar Exception, not the rule

Quote Originally Posted by MidniteCliche
    That was the morning that my father died, so I was in the emergency/life-support rooms when the planes hit, and when I wasn't in the there, I was in the waiting rooms watching the towers colapse on CNN. (not that I really cared or paid much attention, as I was pre-occupied.)
    Wow, I am so sorry to hear that. But I know where you are coming from. My dad died on the 13th. We had to postpone the funeral for two weeks because my relatives from overseas couldn't fly into the states to come. It was the hardest two weeks of my life, knowing my dad was in some freezer.

As horrible as it sounds, somehow losing a parent during that time was a whole lot worse to me than some strangers dying. And now I have a constant reminder of that loss everytime they do those stupid 9/11 tributes or anyone at the RNC brings it up.

Again, so sorry about that. Having gone through it, no one should have to deal with tradegy on top of tradegy.

memorydream's Avatar Sage

I really don't think it's a good thing to bring up this topic over and over again in our society in this manner. In my opinion, it is not the way to get a date, get to know someone, or break the ice. For so many millions, in the world, it is a topic that needs to be treated with honor, respect, empathy and emotional sympathy for lost loved ones.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by memorydream
    I really don't think it's a good thing to bring up this topic over and over again in our society in this manner. In my opinion, it is not the way to get a date, get to know someone, or break the ice. For so many millions, in the world, it is a topic that needs to be treated with honor, respect, empathy and emotional sympathy for lost loved ones.
    Sure it is...people do that all the time with big tragedies.

memorydream's Avatar Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Sure it is...people do that all the time with big tragedies.
    I used to think that way too. But, after talking with people, I came to different conclusion on that subject.

However, I feel anyone can talk about anything they want, just like they can decide not too. I would ask you all to reconsider that attitude. That is all.

+ Reply to Thread