+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pimp Your Favorite Band

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Default Pimp Your Favorite Band

im getting paid on friday and i need new tunes. Ive done this thread twice before and i had great results so im doin it again. Tell me about a band I should check out, give me reasons why they are worth checking out dont just list bands. basicaly try to convince me to listen to something i may not have heard of before. i think il only buy 3 cds but il post reviews of the ones i pick when i get em.

Ali Stardust's Avatar Member

Default Re: Pimp Your Favorite Band

Triste Sire
    there a french rock band i like them a lot and there prolly even better if you speak french i am not really any good at explaining things their website is http://www.tristesire.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Stardust
    Triste Sire
    there a french rock band i like them a lot and there prolly even better if you speak french i am not really any good at explaining things their website is http://www.tristesire.com/
    im not gona click that link, the whole point is to persuade me why YOU think they are a good band. you like em for a reason so tell me what it is.

What kinds of music are you into? Are you looking for something different entirely? ... or something along defined parameters that you'd most likely approve of..?

i mostly listen to psychobilly,ska,punk, and some hip hop but im open to anything thats kinda the point of this thread, i want to find somethin new. But you can also recmend somethin you think i might like based on the genres i listed

Remember all those punk bands you used to dig in the 80s? Remember No Doubt before it became the Gwen Stefani show? Then you want Boobie Trap, you want them bad.You listen to way too much old punk not to love these guys. Classic punk style guitars, the old guy is good. The beanie girl (whose name eludes me at the moment) doesn't play with them any more, but she kicked more ass than I can state and she was playing on the albums. I am still up in the air about the new singer, but the old singer is well worth it. Also, because they are not on a big label, they are $10 for the album. or $7 for the MP3s.

Now that you have obviously picked up Boobie Trap (I recommend the self titled album over Hidden Agenda, but check out both) you'll be wanting a drink and maybe, just maybe, if you are feeling nostalgic a drink and a fight. Who does the best drinkin and fightin music? The Irish. Somewhere between the flogging mollys and the dropkick murphies is the LeperKhanz. Irish folk songs with a heavy San Diego rock influence. Anyone who will do car bombs with their fans is ok in my book, but you want to hear about the music. Take the Dropkick Murphies, dial the punk back and dial up the irish and general rock. Then drink a carbomb, cause it's cool.

Don't have a third band for you yet, at least not based on your tastes so far, but I figure we got two of the three covered.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Korn

+ Reply to Thread