View Poll Results: Which one would you choose?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • AK-47 with underfolder

14 93.33%
  • Walther PPS .40

1 6.67%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Planing for a potential state of chaos, which would you choose?

Default Re: Planing for a potential state of chaos, which would you choose?

Quote Originally Posted by jonny.illuminati
    master blaster! sweet!
    now, jonny, which one do you think is better, mp5 navy version or ak47?

soma_stardust's Avatar ~soul-eating model~

honestly, i know nothing about weapons, but i like the big one.
    (wait, what does that say about me? -_- )

~soma~

Bacchus88's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by jonny.illuminati
    the AK is the way to go...no disadvantage in an urban environment. With the folding stock it allows you to use it in just as many situations as the Walther. 7.62 is a much better damage inflicting load than .40 if you have never actually shot a .40 do so! the smaller frame/size of the Walther and the "hot" characteristics of the .40 round make it a difficult gun to shoot for someone that is well trained and shoots a lot, nearly impossible for a novice in a panic situation. the AK holds more rounds and definitely stops someone (i've taken 7.62 to the chest of my body armor and it knocked me down AND shook me up, fortunately the following shots missed me because my chicken plate was shattered by the first hit). plus you have the added benefit of range. you can really reach out and touch someone with an AK vs the short range of a pistol in the hands of someone without a lot of experience. I have fought in citys in Afrika, Bosnia, and Iraq with both rifles and handguns and believe me the rifle (AK or M-4) wins hands down...

bring on the anarchy! tattoos, cool outfits, and cannibalism for all!

and like Raza says the real problem will be later when folks have re-organized some...
    In my personal opinion, a rifle is much easier to aim, fire, a reload. If some has not ever really handed a weapon. Added that you have more round pre-mag around 30 or so. 7.62 as Jonny stated has the stopping power..In very technical point the Ak-47 is classed as Battle rifle, and the M-4 is classed as Assault rifle. Can not really class them anymore like that because of of Nato, has gone over to the 5.56mm. We could get into more depth of this which weapon would fit which element that you might happen to face.

Jonny while you were serving in combat area around the world, M-4 is at less advantage because of 5.56mm versus the 7.62 of the Ak-47. Training as lot to do with how a effective weapons in or not.

I have several friends coming back from "the wars" that are telling me 5.56mm doesn't have the same stopping powers as 7.62mm. M-4 with it shorten barrel, has less range than its counterpart m-16.

jonny.illuminati's Avatar hasn't slept for days

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiquitress
    hey Johnny you can come and play in the battle jitney if you like,Donkey and I need a point man, provided of course you like Pie and strange music and mutton on sundays.i would do a smiley face but I am a luddite and dont know how.
    forgot to respond to this earlier...

count me in...

i am all for Jitney rides... i am also a fan of Mutton, Pie, compounds in general and communes for that matter...

i plan on stopping by next year on my cross "country and back" ride...

Quote Originally Posted by OliX
    now, jonny, which one do you think is better, mp5 navy version or ak47?
    i like the MP5 (carried an SD version for a while... but in the post apocalyptic world the AK wins hands down... they are tough animals... i'm not really a fan of 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus88
    In my personal opinion, a rifle is much easier to aim, fire, a reload. If some has not ever really handed a weapon. Added that you have more round pre-mag around 30 or so. 7.62 as Jonny stated has the stopping power..In very technical point the Ak-47 is classed as Battle rifle, and the M-4 is classed as Assault rifle. Can not really class them anymore like that because of of Nato, has gone over to the 5.56mm. We could get into more depth of this which weapon would fit which element that you might happen to face.

Jonny while you were serving in combat area around the world, M-4 is at less advantage because of 5.56mm versus the 7.62 of the Ak-47. Training as lot to do with how a effective weapons in or not.

I have several friends coming back from "the wars" that are telling me 5.56mm doesn't have the same stopping powers as 7.62mm. M-4 with it shorten barrel, has less range than its counterpart m-16.
    some of us carried modified AKs... short barrel versions based on the AK-74... 7.62 packs a punch... 5.56 is good in the right hands (training is essential yes)

rule number one: never fire on auto... it only works good in the movies...

rule number two: practice "up-drills"... that is go from weapon slung in front with hands on stock, grip, finger off trigger and weapon on safe... to weapon on shoulder off safe finger on trigger... fire 3 shots.. 2 to the chest 1 to the head... (in case of body armor)...

speed and aim are essential to survival...

I would apply the same rule I apply to dating and say that variety never hurt anyone.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Whatever to anybody....I'm still sticking to what Jonny says. That fucker's gonna be my guardian angel. As I'm shakin' and shittin', he can take out the enemy so I can live another day....Shakin' and shittin'.

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

I chose the Walther.. as long as I get a "Hollywood" amount of ammo.. Where do i type in the infinite ammo code in life anyway?

And could someone give me some input on how to level.. my health is failing and i ma down to my last 3 stars.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

napalm and a flame thrower actually. maybe a few smoke bombs for getting away with things. maybe something a little more personally lethal after i have the high firepower taken care of.

~K

+ Reply to Thread