+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How did you choose your username?

Forestghost's Avatar Knowlege is power!

Default Re: How did you choose your username?

I'm from Vancouver B.C. originally. Nothing like a city in the middle of hordes of evergreen forests! Anyway, I enjoyed going for long walks at night through the woods....it rains often in Vancouver, often causing a misty effect! I thought of myself as a ghost in the forest, or Forestghost!

Ouroboros's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: How did you choose your username?

Ouroboros, as you probably all know already is a symbol of a snake biting its own tail, which simbolizes cycle, infinity, recreation and a lot of other stuff, depending on which philosophy explains it. I'm strongly attracted to the concept of infinity, so many of my nicks hover around circles, spirals, that little eight-on-its-side-looking symbol for infinity and self-devouring snakes.
    One of my first handles was my street name, Alfa, waaaaay back when I first discovered mIRC, but I couldn't normally use it because some russian bastard named some bot of his that. Sad, true story.
    I sometimes go by the nick of NewFace, on account I tend to feel like a perennial newbie wherever I post, and that it's the name of a fictional rock band from the King of fighters game series.

... and you felt dorky.

+ Reply to Thread