+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What's the dumbest thing you ever did in a relationship?

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Default Re: What's the dumbest thing you ever did in a relationship?

I haven't had any relationships last long enough for me to do things that were stupid enough to deteriorate them purely based on that action. I suppose that means I get all the dumb shit our of the way in advance and people are wise enough not to attempt it.

two things that you should not do in my opinion: date someone that lives in another city/state. Once they are out of your reasonable proximity, then it's pretty much over. And date a friend.

Really don't date a friend that lives in another state.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    No more Kids in the Hall for you.
    I really liked Kids in The Hall.....Ummm....At which point in a sketch did someone yell "NIGGGGGGAAAAA!" I must have missed that one.

Was it Kids in The Hall or the McCain supporters?

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    (Don't) date a friend.
    I've never gotten this american urge to start relationships classified from the start as something that should turn intimate with complete strangers, and the division between 'dates' and 'friends' that goes with it. It strikes me as eminently impractical to have to declare who you will find attractive and compatible before getting to know people, and painfully tedious to go through the process with the inevitable majority of no-goers that will have to be politely let off.

the reason is because after you break up it will probably ruin your friendship, and you will still see that person often which can be awkward and lame. Also depending on how things worked, it can force your other friends to have to choose loyalties between you two and ultimately it works out badly for everyone, in the event of catastrophic failure.

Right, breaking up.

That's another one of those things I don't really do all that much. I'd suggest a connection between that and not starting relationships with near strangers, but that'd probably come across as smug and condescending.

I'm not sure what you are getting at. it doesn't come off as smug (although that insinuation itself does, a bit) it comes off as ignorant suggesting a connection that wasn't there- being that my analogy was between break-ups and people that you DO know well (or at least think that you do), not between "near strangers".

maybe I'm way off base here, but it seems like you are not very accepting of other people's point of views, not that in you should be obligated to support them, but that you lack understanding for why people wouldn't think the same things that you do. You may be right, in fact most of the time I think that you are, but that doesn't mean that other people are going to be any less wrong for it or refrain from doing the irrational things that they do.

by all means disagree with the alternative, but to not consider it isn't what I would call thoughtful.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Knucklebones
    I really liked Kids in The Hall.....Ummm....At which point in a sketch did someone yell "NIGGGGGGAAAAA!" I must have missed that one.

Was it Kids in The Hall or the McCain supporters?

There is a Kids in the Hall sketch (at least I'm like 90% sure it is them) where someone has a bar fight by basically yelling that and then running like all get out.

Hmm, thought it was part of their bar fight guys series, but I can't find that one on YouTube. Slightly possible that it ran on MTV's The State, but I think it was Kids in the Hall.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    Hmm, thought it was part of their bar fight guys series, but I can't find that one on YouTube. Slightly possible that it ran on MTV's The State, but I think it was Kids in the Hall.
    I liked "The State" too. Funny sketch comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Knucklebones
    I liked "The State" too. Funny sketch comedy.

I wanna be Boz's bitch!

+ Reply to Thread