+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sasha Grey is a Star and not a Crossover Star

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Sasha Grey is a Star and not a Crossover Star

Quote Originally Posted by Jax
    Oh my. I wanna see
    You may be able to find one on a search for "James Dean naked" or something like that. He's kind of sitting in a tree. Full frontal basically. Good physique. Think one of my friends may have one. WIll message if so.

OEC

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Sweet!

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Sweetness on a stick! Daddy-O

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Hehe!

and your little dog too

here is a link to a kind of small scan of one of the fully erect and stroking himself shots of James Dean. i think Playgirl ran a bigger scan of this same image a while back.

http://www.aaronsgayinfo.com/celebphotos/JamesDean.html

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

unless those were fake, I didn't know so many guys posed in the buff. I had to stop at jeff bridges, don't wanna go there!

That other James Dean picture wasn't what she had. He was sitting in a tree and not erect at all. Something is off about one of those pics.

OEC

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by One Eyed Cat
    That other James Dean picture wasn't what she had. He was sitting in a tree and not erect at all. Something is off about one of those pics.

OEC

If we can skirt all over-obvious puns, I do see an actual tree in the penis-containing photograph.

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    If we can skirt all over-obvious puns, I do see an actual tree in the penis-containing photograph.

Back to the original point: I've also seen Hopper himself nude. I don't believe anyone should be judged/categorized/diminished for having posed for such pictures. It just shouldn't affect our appreciation of their craftsmanship in theater and film. It's just wrong. There are no "cross-overs". Just actor and actresses (or musicians, dancers, and authors) that chose to venture into erotic photography (no less valid than other forms of entertainment.) So: Miss Grey is an actress who should be given the respect and judged on her craftsmanship.

OEC

Jax; You're welcome, and thanks for your own. I'd definitely like to hear the names of those movies when you get them.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny.illuminati
    wow....

having personally taken life both from a distance and up close and personal... (for work)

i personally have never understood the fascination...

i have also recovered bodies that were tortured in real life, not on film...they were iraqi soldiers that worked for me and were kidnapped...

i have broken up a torture ring (insurgent) where they were actually "extracting" information from a subject when we blew the door...

i have killed for revenge... i never saw the act as anything but business...

hmmm.... have to talk with you guys more about it all...
    There's rarely anything to understand about fascination; interest and appreciation are emotional (and therefore entirely subjective) factors, and even though they can sometimes be communicated as an impression left by objective information this requires some common ground qua tastes to work.

I imagine having been exposed to something like this in person would definitely strongly affect one's appreciation of it, but I'm pretty sure that how it would do so could go either way. Yours is probably the more common.

jonny.illuminati's Avatar hasn't slept for days

Quote Originally Posted by Raza
    Jax; You're welcome, and thanks for your own. I'd definitely like to hear the names of those movies when you get them.

There's rarely anything to understand about fascination; interest and appreciation are emotional (and therefore entirely subjective) factors, and even though they can sometimes be communicated as an impression left by objective information this requires some common ground qua tastes to work.

I imagine having been exposed to something like this in person would definitely strongly affect one's appreciation of it, but I'm pretty sure that how it would do so could go either way. Yours is probably the more common.
    i always enjoy reading your comments and posts because you are well spoken (written) and intelligent... and quite often you force me to think beyond my personal experiences and look at different angles or approaches to something. in retrospect i think you are right about exposure/appreciation because i did have a couple of friends who (while horrified it was our fellow soldiers and friends they were looking at) were fascinated by the extent of damage/torture etc...

strangely, i love horror/slasher/pick a genre movies (i rely on a friend who has an extensive library and encyclopedia like knowledge) but for me i personally know what it feels like to drain the life out of someone so i no longer have the desire (not sure if i ever "had a desire") to explore that... i enjoy them for the story... ok sounds cliche but i like movies like that for the sake of movies like that... does that make sense?

Heh, awesome. I haven't met many war vets willing to relativate on what they think they know from experience. Most just say they want to kick my ass for saying this sort of thing, but you're pretty laid back and fun to talk to.

Quote Originally Posted by JI
    strangely, i love horror/slasher/pick a genre movies (i rely on a friend who has an extensive library and encyclopedia like knowledge) but for me i personally know what it feels like to drain the life out of someone so i no longer have the desire (not sure if i ever "had a desire") to explore that... i enjoy them for the story... ok sounds cliche but i like movies like that for the sake of movies like that... does that make sense?
    Sure. Horror has a near monopoly (outside of cartoons) on a few powerful plot types and features an unmatched willingness to do away with feel-good form. And it's versatile, varyingly boasting all the qualities of action, thriller and comedy while distinguishing itself by being unafraid to fill in the blanks with the dark and fantastical. Gore is just the oddly red-stained icing on the cake.

+ Reply to Thread