+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: long nails are hot...

Thistle Harlequin's Avatar Oldschool Member

Default long nails are hot...

I love how long nails look on chicks... like those 4" nails I see mostly black chicks wearing, but I love the way they look on any hot chick, they are just hot on their own. If I was a chick I would have long nails like that all the time. The question is, how? Seriously, how do you get used to those long ass nails to pick up anything and of course what everyone else is thinking, wiping your ass...

Anyways, what do you think about long nails?

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: long nails are hot...

seeing long nails really brings out the douche in me.

Bedlamite

I love long nails. If I didn't have things to do, I'd wear them myself. The boy however, gets naturally epic long nails, and those are fun enough to play with.

soma_stardust's Avatar ~soul-eating model~

i don't know... moderately long can be pretty hot, but i keep mine uber short so i don't have to bother with them, and so i can play bass :3

Four inches? That's more than I've ever seen on anyone. Got any pics?

I got a 100-pack of maybe 2-inch fake nails from a new everything-1-euro shop yesterday. Cut a hand's worth into points; they looked pretty cool, stuck on with plain superglue without coming off on their own at all - I'm happy with that. I used to cut them out plastic bottles, but those never turned out quite the right shape; never seen this length outside of halloween costume shops before, and there they're always thick and rugged to look more monstrous, rather than looking like real nails.

Chiqadee's Avatar Member

I have to admit I do love my nails(my boyfriend and pets love them even more). They are not 4 inches but for my hands they are long. I have extremely small hands, from the base of the palm to the tip of my middle finger is only 6 inches. So no piano playing for me. And you just get use to the length. After hitting them a few times you learn how to manuever your fingers while doing things. Then it's just normal.

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Quote Originally Posted by Raza
    I'm happy with that. I used to cut them out plastic bottles, but those never turned out quite the right shape;
    Dude, that's ghetto as FUCK.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

I tried having nails before, but with the activities I partake in, they just got in the way or broke off. Now I keep them short.

jonny.illuminati's Avatar hasn't slept for days

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerpunk
    Dude, that's ghetto as FUCK.
    .... no it's not... it's totally Sigue Sigue Sputnik... (Love Missile F-111)... "creative"...

Cutting them out of plastic bottles?

Dude, Sigue Sigue had access to the right kinda stuff. Big difference between making your own out of the right materials, and cutting up bottles.

Cutting them out of plastic bottles?

Dude, Sigue Sigue had access to the right kinda stuff. Big difference between making your own out of the right materials, and cutting up bottles.
    it's hard to write "dripping sarcasm" in a post... i was being a little sarcastic... ok a lot...

You're a strange cove. You're a patch holder that knows about and likes Sigue Sigue Sputnik. That's why I'm glad to know you.

You're a strange cove. You're a patch holder that knows about and likes Sigue Sigue Sputnik. That's why I'm glad to know you.
    once apon a time in the 80s i wanted to dress like that... or pete burns from dead or alive... thank god i didn't and there are no pics of me to randomly show up on facebook... "jonny illuminati has been tagged on facebook...."

You say that like it's a bad thing.
    Heck, one of the things I like about the biker community in general is that they're generally cool with people being "out there"

You say that like it's a bad thing.
    Heck, one of the things I like about the biker community in general is that they're generally cool with people being "out there"
    yes indeed... my ipod's contents are sometimes the butt of jokes or "conversation starters"... but i can say that ABBA has been played on drunken nights at the clubhouse... more than once...

Sheep dip, that takes a big brass pair. You've got my kudos.

Sheep dip, that takes a big brass pair. You've got my kudos.
    speaking of long nails and scooter trash...

They are so god damn impractical. I put them on for shoots but then have to pretty much take them off right away since none of the jobs I have had I could wear long nails. I left them on once when I worked as a mechanic, they painfully ripped out though out the day

Bedlamite

Well, Boy's nails never got as long as four inches, but this is about as long as they got in terms of photographic evidence.

I had black nails long before when I was playing bass and screaming in my old death metal band. Not long thought, because of the bass...

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Quote Originally Posted by jonny.illuminati
    .... no it's not... it's totally Sigue Sigue Sputnik... (Love Missile F-111)... "creative"...
    Sigue Sigue makes me always think of "Ferris"

TimmyChaw's Avatar Member

I'll go with longer nails when I'm in a drummer mood, but they gotta go before I can do anything with my guitar.

I like about an inch and a half for girls... That way they can get the deep scratches in my back, mmm.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

I'm in the minority here for sure. I don't like long nails; especially on a guy, ick. I don't like them long on chicks either; especially fake ones. in my opinion it looks shitty and trashy.... and they just strike me as unsanitary.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

The unsanitary part I can see. The rare time I tried to have long nails, all the crap that gets stuck under them is just disgusting.

Vexbeast's Avatar Eat me, I'm nutritious.

I don't like them either. Or at all understand the fascination.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

Quote Originally Posted by Jax
    The unsanitary part I can see. The rare time I tried to have long nails, all the crap that gets stuck under them is just disgusting.
    oh believe me I know. I had them for a while because of my chosen career. I hated the upkeep and the ammount of effort it took to keep them clean. it was one of those things I thought I need to make money way back when when I had them. the truth was that I never needed them. my sales skills speak for themselves. the only time I like any kind of fingernails now is if they are natural, clean, well shaped to fit the hand, and are no longer than just barely over the finger tip.
    I just have a very wierd quirk about my hands..........

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

I couldn't have long nails even if I wanted them. I bust up my hands too much at work and I'd rather have short neat looking nails than long(ish) scraggly looking ones that are all chipped and dirty. YUCK, dirty fingernails is a huge turnoff for me.

Thistle Harlequin's Avatar Oldschool Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedanima
    Well, Boy's nails never got as long as four inches, but this is about as long as they got in terms of photographic evidence.

wow, they look so cool on him!

Being a guitar player and drummer, a certain amount of nail would be nice.

Chiqadee's Avatar Member

I have to say my nails match my hand size. And they are my nails with acrylic on top to keep them strong. I am a fanatic about washing my hands so have not really had any sanitary issues. If I have short nails and you saw just my hands....you would swear they belong to a 8yr old.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

can he make a fist with those things?

Bedlamite

Quote Originally Posted by Thistle Harlequin
    wow, they look so cool on him!
    Yeah, I think he pulls it off. They'll grow that long on him anyway, so for special occasions we just paint them up. His sister made him paint them a matching Maroon to one of her trim colors during her wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Karl
    can he make a fist with those things?
    Yeah. He prefers that whole, sharp hand-razor of doom. Who needs to punch when you can just puncture someone's chest?

Being a guitar player and drummer, a certain amount of nail would be nice.
    Yeah... but the nails usually have to be trimmed before a show so he can wear his glove. ^_^

Also... I might note that boy is a bit of a stickler for cleanliness, his nails are rarely if ever anything close to filthy.

Nice nails on that guy. I've had mine that long a few years back, but I can't seem keep them all the same length now that I work with my hands more. Fake nails are actually less effort for me, for those occasions where I want them with a look.

Big difference between making your own out of the right materials, and cutting up bottles.
    Why? Cause it's not a package-side suggested application?

Whatever material works is 'right', AFAIC.

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

I've worn my nails long for about a decade. I find them easier to keep clean and take care of than my nails short.

That's my current length. About usual for me. The dark line across my nail is my skin, it goes up fairly high on the underside of my nails. That's another reason I don't like wearing my nails short. The skin there gets tender and slows down my typing.

One of my favorite things is my weekly self given manicures. It's a relaxing little ritual.

I used to wear that color pail polish all the time.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Haha...me too! I have some awesome sparkly polish and some glow in the dark too. Oh, and chrome. It looks wicked. Fingernails are pretty.

Where's the super cool mosaic nail polish?

Anyone remember those? I loved them.

Dusk's Avatar Senior Member

I used to let mine grow out cos I was lazy but now I have to cut them atleast once a week after ripping chunks out of my palms after sparring.
    And they piss me off whin I get my bass out.

Maybe you should try some other martial arts for a change. Or just try like once in a week. For example brazillioN jujitsu to learn some good ground fighting too. I know is awesome because it teaches you how to control your body perfectly and it's a greatest ground for other martial arts because it's so technical and a bit militarized in a way.

BUT It's good for a fight when you don't want to be on ground, as in when there's more opponent's, you want them knocked out as fast as possible. I personally love combo of karate and tai chi for this occasion. Friends say my fighting on feet looks like some kind of weird drunken fighting

WHAT?! Nails? Oh yes... Let's connect this to the topic. By grabbing techniques which are mostly used in ground fights after quick elbows you don't need to have you hand in a fist position at all. For karate you can forget about that. Be prepared for your hands to look like a fucking sledgehammer after 7 and half years of training.

Quote Originally Posted by OliX
    Maybe you should try some other martial arts for a change. Or just try like once in a week. For example brazillioN jujitsu to learn some good ground fighting too. I know is awesome because it teaches you how to control your body perfectly and it's a greatest ground for other martial arts because it's so technical and a bit militarized in a way.

BUT It's good for a fight when you don't want to be on ground, as in when there's more opponent's, you want them knocked out as fast as possible. I personally love combo of karate and tai chi for this occasion. Friends say my fighting on feet looks like some kind of weird drunken fighting

WHAT?! Nails? Oh yes... Let's connect this to the topic. By grabbing techniques which are mostly used in ground fights after quick elbows you don't need to have you hand in a fist position at all. For karate you can forget about that. Be prepared for your hands to look like a fucking sledgehammer after 7 and half years of training.
    never bring your martial arts to a gun fight....

+ Reply to Thread