+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wedding bliss ....

Nos's Avatar Senior Member

Default Wedding bliss ....

So I just got back form a wedding ....

Everything was done up to the 9's. With table runners that matched the m&m's and all that mess. I could take it all up till the whole family got out on the dance floor ... and danced around to "We Are Family".

I fucking almost died laughing.

When I got hitched it was in a court house and only set me back $50. Part of me feels I could never make my loved ones dance around like fools. - The other part of me would love to torture them this way ....

What's your take ?

Default Re: Wedding bliss ....

I always thought it would be better for the couple if they did the courthouse wedding first, got all good and married, then planned the wedding ceremony to suit their tastes.

I like parties, I like ceremonies and I even like getting all dressed up but the amount of time, energy and money people spend for a dream wedding they are not really all that into strikes me odd. I think people should pick and choose based on what they want more than what is expected of them.

I like tuxes, but one of my recently married friends liked zoots better. To me that's cool. I never understood spending thousands on flowers unless you really, really like floral arrangements. As far as the dances inflicted on your friends and family, well open bars wipe away all shame, and if there is not an open bar a boot flask will do the trick.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

I'm common law married. no ring, no piece of paper..... I'm very happy this way. I never want to have a wedding. I think the closest thing to that that I could handle would be a hand fasting.

I'd like to get married one day. Nothing huge, but would like to have all my friends and some close family there.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

well, my girlfriend makes womens formalwear so I guess that weddings are good for the economy.

that being said, they're not for me

Quote Originally Posted by Cafe_Post_Mortem

I like tuxes, but one of my recently married friends liked zoots better. To me that's cool. I never understood spending thousands on flowers unless you really, really like floral arrangements. As far as the dances inflicted on your friends and family, well open bars wipe away all shame, and if there is not an open bar a boot flask will do the trick.
    I think open bar should be a common curtsy at big weddings *lol* This particular wedding was a cash bar ..... so a flask was an order

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue
    I'm common law married. no ring, no piece of paper..... I'm very happy this way. I never want to have a wedding. I think the closest thing to that that I could handle would be a hand fasting.
    I love when couples can be honest with themselves and do what makes them happy

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet-Tongue
    I'd like to get married one day. Nothing huge, but would like to have all my friends and some close family there.
    I would have to say that if we when did it all over again, I would have had my parents there.

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

I like going to weddings but am not really interested in getting married myself.

The last wedding I went to (my best friend) was lots of fun. It was on the beach and we did karaoke, she fondled my boobs. A good time was had by all.

Best wedding ever though was one I went to that was a costume party. It was awesome.

+ Reply to Thread