+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Body Piercing prices

athenahollow's Avatar Smut Peddler

Default Re: Body Piercing prices

Quote Originally Posted by Thistle Harlequin
    I'm NOT APP approved... I'm not really into piercing networking. ive thought about joining but eh...i really dont think it's for everyone. And I know i'm a very good body piercer, i'm sure i'd learn some more stuff I don't already but i dont see why I should pay 100 bux or wahtever a year just to be in a group that i probably wont even have much contact with. I'm kinda antisocial, which is why i dont even post much on here but i try to... i have my reasons
    I would have to agree with the 100 bucks a year thing being total bs, but more so my complaint was about the lack of basic anatomy skills that most piercers have. Most of the guys I know that work in shops and what not, only work there because they bought a kit online somewhere, and they think they know how to pierce now.

Quote Originally Posted by Thistle Harlequin
    Hehe..actually I had the jewelry seller for the micro dermals tell me how to do it, and then I just tried it on myself how he said (after I contacted another body piercer I trust very much so: Gauge from Santa Barbara) and he had given me the same steps as the jeweler

So i bought the jewelry and did my first one one myself, then I did a few practice one on my friends, just charged them for jewelry and only 2 rejected, ...now I got the right tools and I know what I'm doing (took me like 8 of them to get the hang of it...
    Cool. We bought the essential seeming tools and jewelry off a piercing shop supplier website, I looked at them and some youtube movies and a step-by-step photo record of one being set ( 2mm piercing needle method), and from that I figured I could do it. I made the hole and pocket on her arm like I think I was supposed to, but we couldn't for the life of us fit the backside of the anchor through the hole while the front was in the pocket.

Would you mind sharing the steps you were told to use? And do you prefer a needle or dermal punch? Do you think using the latter would make it easier? Cause I'm being bugged to try again, and since I want two more piercings I'm asking her to set, I kinda need to formulate a plan beyond 'try the same thing again and hope it goes better'.

Thistle Harlequin's Avatar Oldschool Member

Quote Originally Posted by athenahollow
    I would have to agree with the 100 bucks a year thing being total bs, but more so my complaint was about the lack of basic anatomy skills that most piercers have. Most of the guys I know that work in shops and what not, only work there because they bought a kit online somewhere, and they think they know how to pierce now.

I totally understand.. I guess just because I know how to answer questions when parents come ASKING questions (and trust me, it does happen and I'm GLAD when it does) because it's finally someone wanting to see if I know what I'm doing and I love answering the questions corrently and them being happy with my answers and letting their kid get pierced by me, even though when they came in they were really totally against it, and I talked them into letting their kid get it..that makes me feel good But i totally understand, i gotta good reputation and i'm not a fucktard like that so im not tripping on joining but like i said, i'm sure i would learn more taking some of those classes they offer but ive been piercing for 10 years+ and 5 years professionally and i've never had any complaints, just good stuff

Thistle Harlequin's Avatar Oldschool Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raza
    Cool. We bought the essential seeming tools and jewelry off a piercing shop supplier website, I looked at them and some youtube movies and a step-by-step photo record of one being set ( 2mm piercing needle method), and from that I figured I could do it. I made the hole and pocket on her arm like I think I was supposed to, but we couldn't for the life of us fit the backside of the anchor through the hole while the front was in the pocket.

Would you mind sharing the steps you were told to use? And do you prefer a needle or dermal punch? Do you think using the latter would make it easier? Cause I'm being bugged to try again, and since I want two more piercings I'm asking her to set, I kinda need to formulate a plan beyond 'try the same thing again and hope it goes better'.

email me : thistle@blueblood.net (you'll get a reply from iiilatinrebei@aol.com) and thats me too

Emailed.

+ Reply to Thread