+ Reply to Thread

Thread: the unmedicated broken mind

Skerianne's Avatar Junior Member

Default the unmedicated broken mind

I have been diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder a while ago. Well a form of bipolar, my extremes are not as drastic as full blown bipolar. I have the mood shifts but they don't last long and are usually easy to deal with. During these hard economic times i can no longer afford treatments or most of the medication. In place of group therapy, I have started making blogs, but it doesn't help much. I was wondering does anyone else have bipolar? and if so, what do you do to deal with the problems?

advice and hints always appreciated

-Skerianne

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

Default Re: the unmedicated broken mind

try yoga.
    try excercise in general, even if you're feeling depressive. do it anyway.
    I'm not bipolar or a therapist, but this might help a bit. maybe st johns wort would help too.

Dusk's Avatar Senior Member

I have mild depression but exercise helps me, so Ive started extra karate nd going for a run at random times xD

Xavialune's Avatar Senior Member

I think putting yourself into something, some artistic endeavor, might help a lot. I personally believe afflictions like this are extremely over-diagnosed, but if you have symptoms, you have symptoms. Yoda would definitely help. Just try not to get in a rut.

Clockwork Jello's Avatar Droog

Quote Originally Posted by Xavialune
    I think putting yourself into something, some artistic endeavor, might help a lot. I personally believe afflictions like this are extremely over-diagnosed, but if you have symptoms, you have symptoms. Yoda would definitely help. Just try not to get in a rut.
    Hmm be happy you must.

Sorry just had to do that when I saw that typo. I'm sure you meant Yoga, though.

Dusk's Avatar Senior Member

If you try my technique make sure you bring a key when your house mate locks the door and goes to bed. Also having a little green guy on your back helps with the exercise xD

Xavialune's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork Jello
    Hmm be happy you must.

Sorry just had to do that when I saw that typo. I'm sure you meant Yoga, though.
    HAHA! Oops!

*laughing uncontrollably*

Skerianne's Avatar Junior Member

yoda? that dude freaks me out a little.
    yoga sort of helps.

im currently working on comic books. im always up for illustrating the works of others.

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

i got diagnosed with that when i was getting discharged from the navy. it sucks form time to time but i usually stay more manic than depressive most of the time. hopefully the hrt will take care of some fo that since its an imbalance.

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

Heavy metal! Nothing line being pissed, banging your head, and jumping into a mosh pit and working out all those aggressions.

toxicat's Avatar catty member

I have it, am on meds most of the time, since I found some with few side effects, and the art REALLY does help...except when I'm already hypomanic. The euphoria from the inspiration can spiral me into full blown mania.

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

i felt that i was bipolar from the time i was in high school, but it took until my senior year of college to get diagnosed. it took a brief hospitalization to get me stabilized on the meds and for them to properly determine the type of bipolar i had. up until then, i thought i was just unipolar and depressive. but it was a manic episode that brought me into the hospital. i've had maybe 3-5 total manic episodes and was usually just depressed. i used to get "mixed states" such as being psychotically depressed. those are terribly not fun!

eventually my depression get cleared up, aided by my antianxiety med and the bipolar meds. im also in both group and individual therapy.

toxicat's Avatar catty member

Quote Originally Posted by aXa
    i felt that i was bipolar from the time i was in high school, but it took until my senior year of college to get diagnosed. it took a brief hospitalization to get me stabilized on the meds and for them to properly determine the type of bipolar i had. up until then, i thought i was just unipolar and depressive. but it was a manic episode that brought me into the hospital.
    This is the classic story we hear/read about.

+ Reply to Thread