+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 34 of 34

Thread: MSNBC vs Adam Lambert and Twilight

  1. #1

    Default MSNBC vs Adam Lambert and Twilight

    So Linda Holmes of MSNBC, just posted an article where she called FOX's American Idol front-runner Adam Lambert "self-indulgent and not particularly creative". I know FOX and MSNBC are competitive...
    Read the full article

  2. #2
    Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup
    Posts
    5,643

    Default Re: MSNBC vs Adam Lambert and Twilight

    MSNBC is the voice of the new generation. You will be assimilated Amelia. Resistance is futile.

  3. #3

    Default Re: MSNBC vs Adam Lambert and Twilight

    She said "per se".
    *snort*

  4. #4

    Default Re: MSNBC vs Adam Lambert and Twilight

    Self-indulgence is required to be an artist. Indulging others will merely get you called one.

  5. #5
    malcolm's Avatar the bored one.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Memphis originally
    Posts
    3,626

    Default Re: MSNBC vs Adam Lambert and Twilight

    She does realise that american idol is a show that focuses on finding new singing talent and not something lilke oh say, a presidential election or something of the nature right?

    wow. i'd love to make the money she makes for trashing a show she probably doesnt even watch in the first place.

  6. #6
    athenahollow's Avatar Smut Peddler
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    522

    Default Re: MSNBC vs Adam Lambert and Twilight

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolm
    She does realise that american idol is a show that focuses on finding new singing talent and not something lilke oh say, a presidential election or something of the nature right?

    wow. i'd love to make the money she makes for trashing a show she probably doesnt even watch in the first place.
    Or that she secretly watches religiously and just lies blatantly to make people THINK she doesn't.

  7. #7
    malcolm's Avatar the bored one.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Memphis originally
    Posts
    3,626

    Default Re: MSNBC vs Adam Lambert and Twilight

    Quote Originally Posted by athenahollow
    Or that she secretly watches religiously and just lies blatantly to make people THINK she doesn't.
    aha!

  8. #8
    Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    4,723

    Default Re: MSNBC vs Adam Lambert and Twilight

    I actually think I know who your talking about.................is he the one that destroyed that tears for fears song...............I wanted to throw an empty bottle at him..........and then Simon gives him a standing ovation, what the fuck for?................well maybe I got the wrong guy, but the artical did mention donnie darko and 1982 so I think I got the right guy

    fuck, the suffering I do when fringe is late to start cause of that idol shit

  9. #9
    ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    San Fransisco
    Posts
    2,938

    Default Re: MSNBC vs Adam Lambert and Twilight

    I liked his version, but I also like the original.

  10. #10

    Default Re: MSNBC vs Adam Lambert and Twilight

    I be ambivalent towards it, dog.

  11. #11
    Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Born in London. Lived everywhere.
    Posts
    7,181

    Default Re: MSNBC vs Adam Lambert and Twilight

    According to MJ's Blog, Linda Holmes is Miss Alli from Television Without Pity.

  12. #12
    nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Over there.
    Posts
    908

    Default Re: MSNBC vs Adam Lambert and Twilight

    Personally, I have a vendetta against American Idol, and all those other shows like that, mostly just because, well, crappy music comes from them. The music they tend to showcase is the exact opposite of what doesn't make me want to put a double barrel 20 gauge shotgun in my mouth and pull both triggers. I have nothing against Adam Lambert though, haven't heard any of the covers he's done on the show, so whatever.

    I think I'm going to go on American Idol and just do some death metal song with a lot of gutteral roaring, just to see how Simon and those fucktards react. And then throw something at their table when I get kicked off.

  13. #13
    Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup
    Posts
    5,643

    Default Re: MSNBC vs Adam Lambert and Twilight

    you should do some Mercyful Fate.

  14. #14

    Default Re: MSNBC vs Adam Lambert and Twilight

    Pft, that's silly, obviously your not allowed to be creative if you're on american idol.

    And why the fuck are news networks even discussing american idol contestants? How the fuck is that news?

  15. #15
    nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Over there.
    Posts
    908

    Default Re: MSNBC vs Adam Lambert and Twilight

    The same way Obama's dog is, and don't forget his wife's fashion.

    "Hey, what should we cover today? That giant fire that destroyed an entire county? Nah, let's see what Obama's wife is wearing."

  16. #16
    malcolm's Avatar the bored one.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Memphis originally
    Posts
    3,626

    Default Re: MSNBC vs Adam Lambert and Twilight

    Quote Originally Posted by nathanmbailey
    The same way Obama's dog is, and don't forget his wife's fashion.

    "Hey, what should we cover today? That giant fire that destroyed an entire county? Nah, let's see what Obama's wife is wearing."
    yeah it's retarded how much they'll spend time on fluffer pieces with the news. like the octomom oh and the pregnant man. those should have been like a one minute or five at top piece if they got around to it yaknow?

    while as the thing with kim jung il got a second of a blurb on tv up until he actually fired the misisle off not to mention the guy in turkey who was plotting to kill our commande rinchief because he thought that our leader was gonna ask turkey to help in fighting the war.
    no. little dogs and dresses and the recession and american idol, that's what the new sshould be covering 24/7.

  17. #17
    Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Born in London. Lived everywhere.
    Posts
    7,181

    Default Re: MSNBC vs Adam Lambert and Twilight

    Quote Originally Posted by Raza
    Self-indulgence is required to be an artist. Indulging others will merely get you called one.

    Well said.

  18. #18
    Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Currently residing in my mind's eye
    Posts
    2,768

    Default Re: MSNBC vs Adam Lambert and Twilight

    Quote Originally Posted by nathanmbailey
    Personally, I have a vendetta against American Idol, and all those other shows like that, mostly just because, well, crappy music comes from them. The music they tend to showcase is the exact opposite of what doesn't make me want to put a double barrel 20 gauge shotgun in my mouth and pull both triggers. I have nothing against Adam Lambert though, haven't heard any of the covers he's done on the show, so whatever.

    I think I'm going to go on American Idol and just do some death metal song with a lot of gutteral roaring, just to see how Simon and those fucktards react. And then throw something at their table when I get kicked off.
    Better yet, after they're berating you, hop up on the table and piss on Simon. I'd do pay-per-view to see that!

  19. #19
    nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Over there.
    Posts
    908

    Default Re: MSNBC vs Adam Lambert and Twilight

    Or even better yet, shit in my hand and throw it at Simon's face. Or just hop up on the counter, drop trou, and leave a nice big steaming pile of poo right there.

  20. #20
    ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    San Fransisco
    Posts
    2,938

    Default Re: MSNBC vs Adam Lambert and Twilight

    I'm not really certain being that gross is really required.

  21. #21
    Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Currently residing in my mind's eye
    Posts
    2,768

    Default Re: MSNBC vs Adam Lambert and Twilight

    Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    I'm not really certain being that gross is really required.
    Required? Maybe not...Deserved? That's a whole different argument.

  22. #22
    nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Over there.
    Posts
    908

    Default Re: MSNBC vs Adam Lambert and Twilight

    At least I'm willing to go the extra mile to prove how much disgust I have for that show and the panel of "judges".

  23. #23
    malcolm's Avatar the bored one.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Memphis originally
    Posts
    3,626

    Default Re: MSNBC vs Adam Lambert and Twilight

    wasnt the fat one, randy, a member of flock of seagulls?

  24. #24
    Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Currently residing in my mind's eye
    Posts
    2,768

    Default Re: MSNBC vs Adam Lambert and Twilight

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolm
    wasnt the fat one, randy, a member of flock of seagulls?
    You're just egging us on for a Randy head shot with a photoshopped Flock of Seagulls do'.

  25. #25
    malcolm's Avatar the bored one.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Memphis originally
    Posts
    3,626

    Default Re: MSNBC vs Adam Lambert and Twilight

    lol no.... i think he seriously was though lol

    but on a sidenote, if nathan is urghed this much about american idol, i'd hate to see what he'd do if he auditioned for so you think you can dance lol

  26. #26
    Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Born in London. Lived everywhere.
    Posts
    7,181

    Default Re: MSNBC vs Adam Lambert and Twilight

    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Knucklebones
    Better yet, after they're berating you, hop up on the table and piss on Simon. I'd do pay-per-view to see that!

    Okay, I gotta ask, what is so troubling about Simon? I mean, does he really say that much which is particularly inaccurate? He just says it to the contestant's face. I think that rocks all over the judges who fake like they are buddies with the contestants, and don't give helpful feedback, yet damn with faint praise.

  27. #27
    Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Currently residing in my mind's eye
    Posts
    2,768

    Default Re: MSNBC vs Adam Lambert and Twilight

    Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    Okay, I gotta ask, what is so troubling about Simon? I mean, does he really say that much which is particularly inaccurate? He just says it to the contestant's face. I think that rocks all over the judges who fake like they are buddies with the contestants, and don't give helpful feedback, yet damn with faint praise.
    I will say he's the most honest of all the judges, but sometimes even when a contestant nails a song, he just acts condescending. Honesty in a contest is exactly what a contest needs, but at the same time, also give some kudos when kudos are deserved. It isn't that he NEVER tells a singer they did a good job, it's just that more often than not, he doesn't. I'll be sitting at home and watching and thinking, "I'm sorry, but did he not hear what I heard? The person nailed it and he acts like they did nothing." I think it's very disappointing to the singer and can not help but think that Simon's comments are going to be more hurt than help in the next song the singer performs. Negative comments to a person to try to make them achieve more does not always produce a positive outcome in my book. It's happened to me in my career and instead of making your achieve more, usually it just leaves you with a feeling of despair. You gave it your best shot, you fucking did an outstanding job and instead of feeling good about what you did, you get to feel like shit because of wrong comments made from a person who's intentions are not justified by the emotions of the normal human condition.

  28. #28
    malcolm's Avatar the bored one.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Memphis originally
    Posts
    3,626

    Default Re: MSNBC vs Adam Lambert and Twilight

    i like simon. it's just the way fox handles the show in general i think alot of people just dont like.
    i personally dont normally watch americna idol at all. the only ons i really enjoyed was season with jordin sparks and that was more because I didnt have anything better to be doing at the time.

    the most annoying par tofit i hate is the highlight reel of bad singers. i think it's ridiculous they actually go now as far as to make the bes tfo the worst episodes and will go out of their way to even make people on the show uncomfortable to the point of allowing stalkers to be on to audition to the person they are stalkign-such as the case with the paula abdul stalker who killed herself outside ofpaulas house a few years later.

  29. #29
    Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Born in London. Lived everywhere.
    Posts
    7,181

    Default Re: MSNBC vs Adam Lambert and Twilight

    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Knucklebones
    I will say he's the most honest of all the judges, but sometimes even when a contestant nails a song, he just acts condescending. Honesty in a contest is exactly what a contest needs, but at the same time, also give some kudos when kudos are deserved. It isn't that he NEVER tells a singer they did a good job, it's just that more often than not, he doesn't. I'll be sitting at home and watching and thinking, "I'm sorry, but did he not hear what I heard? The person nailed it and he acts like they did nothing." I think it's very disappointing to the singer and can not help but think that Simon's comments are going to be more hurt than help in the next song the singer performs. Negative comments to a person to try to make them achieve more does not always produce a positive outcome in my book. It's happened to me in my career and instead of making your achieve more, usually it just leaves you with a feeling of despair. You gave it your best shot, you fucking did an outstanding job and instead of feeling good about what you did, you get to feel like shit because of wrong comments made from a person who's intentions are not justified by the emotions of the normal human condition.

    I entirely agree that negative comments to a person do not generally make them achieve more. (Someone should really mention this to my parents.) If the right people believe in me, I know I perform much better in life than if I feel a lack of faith in me.

    But I don't expect to get that kind of validation and support from judges. If an editor doesn't accept my work, I'd rather they honestly told me what was not good enough or appropriate enough for the task at hand. So I can improve. I don't want to hear that I'm talented but I'm getting rejected anyway with nothing constructive.

    I guess I find that, people always want an underdog to get kudos. And they apparently always want someone who has done something good before to do something poorly. So, if Simon tells someone who might be great at home but not on the national state, that they don't have it . . . is that really that cruel? Is it better to tell them they totally have what it takes and, if they don't win American Idol, they should stay in Hollywood, sleep in their car if they have to, just get out there and get seen enough and success will fall from the sky?

    Hollywood is full of people who were told they were better at entertaining than they are at some point in time. Maybe grandma told them or maybe someone who wanted to get into their pants. And it is really tragic to watch them batter themselves against something they have almost none of the equipment to do.

    There are some manufactured stars who lack some of the talent of some people who really have the stuff and never make it, but are easy to work with. That is tragic enough.

    Why convince people who just don't have it that the only problem is some dick named Simon won't let them in? That will convince them to take a road to nowhere because if they don't have remarkable talent, feeling like it was all Simon being mean will make them harder to work with. Then they can't even be manufactured.

  30. #30
    Bedlamite
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Places.
    Posts
    1,044

    Default Re: MSNBC vs Adam Lambert and Twilight

    I totally couldn't stop thinking about Harvey all through Donnie Darko either.

  31. #31
    Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Born in London. Lived everywhere.
    Posts
    7,181

    Default Re: MSNBC vs Adam Lambert and Twilight

    Quote Originally Posted by Wickedanima
    I totally couldn't stop thinking about Harvey all through Donnie Darko either.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who just couldn't separate the two.

  32. #32
    Bedlamite
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Places.
    Posts
    1,044

    Default Re: MSNBC vs Adam Lambert and Twilight

    Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who just couldn't separate the two.
    I want to rewrite the description on the Donnie Darko boxes as a 'Clever and slick modern retelling of the classic story Harvey." I wonder how much trouble I'd get into if I could pull it off.

  33. #33
    Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup
    Posts
    5,643

    Default Re: MSNBC vs Adam Lambert and Twilight

    where? where is it? is it behind the bunny?

  34. #34
    Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Currently residing in my mind's eye
    Posts
    2,768

    Default Re: MSNBC vs Adam Lambert and Twilight

    Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    I entirely agree that negative comments to a person do not generally make them achieve more. (Someone should really mention this to my parents.) If the right people believe in me, I know I perform much better in life than if I feel a lack of faith in me.

    But I don't expect to get that kind of validation and support from judges. If an editor doesn't accept my work, I'd rather they honestly told me what was not good enough or appropriate enough for the task at hand. So I can improve. I don't want to hear that I'm talented but I'm getting rejected anyway with nothing constructive.

    I guess I find that, people always want an underdog to get kudos. And they apparently always want someone who has done something good before to do something poorly. So, if Simon tells someone who might be great at home but not on the national state, that they don't have it . . . is that really that cruel? Is it better to tell them they totally have what it takes and, if they don't win American Idol, they should stay in Hollywood, sleep in their car if they have to, just get out there and get seen enough and success will fall from the sky?

    Hollywood is full of people who were told they were better at entertaining than they are at some point in time. Maybe grandma told them or maybe someone who wanted to get into their pants. And it is really tragic to watch them batter themselves against something they have almost none of the equipment to do.

    There are some manufactured stars who lack some of the talent of some people who really have the stuff and never make it, but are easy to work with. That is tragic enough.

    Why convince people who just don't have it that the only problem is some dick named Simon won't let them in? That will convince them to take a road to nowhere because if they don't have remarkable talent, feeling like it was all Simon being mean will make them harder to work with. Then they can't even be manufactured.
    ****Why convince people who just don't have it that the only problem is some dick named Simon won't let them in? That will convince them to take a road to nowhere because if they don't have remarkable talent, feeling like it was all Simon being mean will make them harder to work with. Then they can't even be manufactured.****

    Well, my point is when he does it in the later rounds. When people who actually have talent are up there and singing away. They sound great. They're hitting every note and just for some reason or another Simon just doesn't like the performance. And then he'll only tell them stuff like "It wasn't your best performance. It sounded droll. There was no feeling to it." Stuff like that, but you have no idea why he said it because from what you just watched, the singers sounded great. I know he's a professional and all, it's just sometimes he just seems in a pissy mood and just feels like taking out that mood on the singer. I may be off base with this, but, it just seems like that to me. And if there's any truth to that, it sucks because by this point of the show, people are picked by "voters" calling in and I think alot of the deciding by the voters is by the critique Simon gives to the performers.

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Adam Lambert: Too Gay for Tv
    By RnR in forum Blue Blood Boards
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-07-2009, 07:25 PM
  2. Adam Lambert Gives American Idol A Whole Lotta Love
    By The Newswire in forum Blue Blood Boards
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-06-2009, 12:54 AM
  3. Adam Lambert Feeling Good
    By The Newswire in forum Blue Blood Boards
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-29-2009, 10:10 AM
  4. Adam Lambert Goes a Little Elvis with Tracks of My Tears
    By The Newswire in forum Blue Blood Boards
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-26-2009, 11:27 AM
  5. Adam Lambert
    By The Newswire in forum Blue Blood Boards
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-18-2009, 08:38 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Blue Blood
Trappings | Personalities | Galleries | Entertainment | Art | Books | Music | Popcorn | Sex | Happenings | Oddities | Trade/Business | Manifesto | Media | Community
Blue Blood | Contact Us | Advertise | Submissions | About Blue Blood | Links | $Webmasters$
Interested in being a Blue Blood model, writer, illustrator, or photographer? Get in touch