+ Reply to Thread

Thread: depression?

Default depression?

what do you do to get your self out from depression?

how do you fight it?

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Default Re: depression?

I usually just roll around in it for a little while, accept it, and once it's kind of addressed, I seem to be able to get beck to things. It's not quick or anything, but I've found that fighting it can just go badly sometimes.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

I just deal with or do things so i dont have to think about it I also use it as creative tool for writing songs nothing kills deppresion like playing the guitar till your fingers bleed

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Fight it? Why evr in the world would you want to fight somehting so big dark and ominous? I just kind of accept my little black rain cloud and know that he's the only one that's been there these last twenty years who hasn't left me. It's nice to know, in my world, that somethings however terrible, are constant.
    K

Pzychotic's Avatar Dark Entity

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    Fight it? Why evr in the world would you want to fight somehting so big dark and ominous? I just kind of accept my little black rain cloud and know that he's the only one that's been there these last twenty years who hasn't left me. It's nice to know, in my world, that somethings however terrible, are constant.
    K
    Ditto... I live in a constant depression due to a chemical imbalance, when I say there is no such thing as happieness, in my mind I mean it, there isn't... Clinical diagnosis was Major Depressive Disorder, when it get really dreary I use it as an inspiration to write or create my artwork, it's awesome, I love it and embrace it like an old friend...

qewl... i'll just watch world go by

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

I fight ti daily every moment and it depends on the depression, I sometimes thnk I am damned. That it teases me and wants to play with my weaknesses, my lonliness and at time poor self esteem. I do anyhting and everything to prove it wrong. Paint, draw, work out, sakteboard, snowboard, play with my dog....whatever it takes...I try to think positive but it can BE SO DAMN HARD. I am glad I am stubborn and have a need to succede and be a grinder....it would have won a long time ago if I wasn't and sometimes it nearly succedes.

poison's Avatar Senior Member

i've never fought my depression either..i kind of just lie on my bed, listen to music and think things over in my head..maybe cry just to let purge my emotions cause sometimes they're overwhelming..
    i used to self harm when i was depressed, as just another way of purging, but mostly i did it to stop emotion escalating into a panic attack....but anything you think helps you usually does.

Pzychotic's Avatar Dark Entity

Depression

It covers me like a warm blanket

Forever close and tight

I know not how to shake it

My security in the night

It gives me inspiration

Lives inside my head

I try in desparation

It'll be with me until I am dead

I so want to break these chains

I live with the fear

This that cause my pains

I can't shed a tear

I live life, as I should

I know pain, fear and love

I would lose it if I could

Someone give me a shove

This is a little something I wrote a little over a year ago, feeling like I was at a loss, it was after I wrote this I learned to just roll with my depression and use it to my advantage...

I've dealt with it long time..if you like you can contact me offlist..I've shared enough of my stuff on this board-P.

Yeah accepting it and dealing with it helps! I usually soak in it for a few days then I pretty much lift my spirits little by little. Work also helps cuz it keeps me busy and focused on something else other than my silly depressing problems!!

countessnichole's Avatar Wicca, Friend, Lover.

I learn to live with my own cloud and I also seem to merge mine with my girlfriends (although she is a state away *angst*). The best thing is to find people who can relate and that could help. If not, I find that ethier music, computer or console games can help. Writing out your problems can help, it's like you are diffusing it onto the paper.

Music. That's my antidepressive formula. Listen to music. Make music. Read about music. Watch a music DVD. Anything.

purplepixie's Avatar Senior Member

Everyone gets depressed at times i usually paint or draw it takes my mind off things and when ive finshed whether it takes days or hours i usually feel a bit happier infact without depression i'd have probably never picked up a paint brush and so really would be crap at everything!! I say use your depression as your muse

Nixxx's Avatar Junior Member

Prozac. No really. I tried 4 other types of anti-depressants, I went to see councilors, psychologists, psychiatrists, pondered going to a hypnotherapist, but ended up on Prozac and can safely say if it wasn't for that drug, I wouldn't be here today

-x-

+ Reply to Thread