+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Feeling crappy

Default Feeling crappy

I know this is probably really insubstantial, but I really need to get it out. If you don't want to listen to an angsty teenager being... well, angsty... then don't read this, please.

Today I asked my boyfriend to go to semi-formal (a school dance) with me. I figured he'd say no, as he's pretty anti-social, but I kind of wanted to go. He told me he didn't really wnat to, but he would, and I told him that, no, it was fine, I'd go with some friends. And a while later, he suddenly got all quiet. I asked him what was wrong, and he said he didn't really know. Well, I asked him again, because he looked pretty upset. He felt really bad about not going, and told me he felt like he'd disappointed me. He was crying a little!

Now I feel really shitty, because I made him upset... we both had a minor emotional breakdown and ended up crying. I still feel really bad, though. Why'd I ask him if I knew he wouldn't go? I've been crying since I got home from his place, an hour and a half ago. I feel like the worst girlfriend ever, and he's the best person in my life...

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Default Re: Feeling crappy

That sounds like no fun. Sometimes it's hard to deal with people you care about when it comes to trying to do things together that you feel they may or may not really be into. If they agree, you feel bad for asking them and if you tell them it doesn't matter and remove the request, then they feel bad for not coming through for you. I kind of think half way requests can really only lead to frustration. There usually really isn't a right answer. Sorry to hear you folk are feeling crappy.

every day you learn something new...
    when you cross this thing your relationship will be just stronger.... blah blah, listen to me... smartass actualy dumbass

just cry it out and you will feel bether.... tomorrow you'll just laught at your self and situation

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

well hey that could be a good thing when me & my feincee were first together we did that stuff a few times(w/o the crying ) it is probally just cuz you love each otherso much you feel like shit inside Becuz your subconsiuos mind really really doesn't want to lose that person,even thought in your normal self your pretty shure that won't effect any thing...

sorry thats aounds all "scientific" and might not even pertain to your perticular story. thats what we did ,very similaar,we got over it pretty quick

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

realtaionships are not perfect and they ahve thier ups and thier downs, especially when your young and there are the end and beggining of everything...don't get over anxious about it....you'll leanr in time that realtionships are menat to amke you stronger and be happier individuals not handcuff you to social ideals of what and waht is not dictum in a teenage realtionship. But tommmorow is another day you leanr you love and you move on stronger.

Learn to laugh and joke around about some stuff--my partner and I have been overly serious about some things lately too and we're trying to relearn how to not take things too seriously. I know it's hard when there are such strong feelings involved!

feeling, feelings, all that feelings.... I don't say that I hate them but I dislike them... I don't like to show them a lot, that's just me...

This is mine: "When you love love with mind, not with heart, and love will be pleasure"
    In all my relationship we was more friends than lovers.... For real love I'm waitng to get older... around 30....

Mother Superior

Don't you feel that flexibility is important in a relationship? Your boyfriend could have made an exception for you but he didn't. He knew this meant something to you, you stated you kind of wanted to be there. If he can't change his ways a little bit to appease you once in a while, I dunno. I know you are teenagers but it starts a pattern, one of you always doing what the man in your life wants and saying well, fuck what I want. That type of relationship will not last and if it does it will be through misery. I understand you dig this guy but tears are a dime a dozen, I can give you so me too, if I am sad enough. That doesn't necessarily cut any ice. Evaluate your relationship and situation, you don't have to be needy or do everything a person wants to prove your love.

countessnichole's Avatar Wicca, Friend, Lover.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirren
    Evaluate your relationship and situation, you don't have to be needy or do everything a person wants to prove your love.
    Too often people get that wrong when they are dating, that you just HAVE to do everything a person wants. I think that Mirren makes some good points, especially talking about the importancy of flexiablity in relationships. It's no wonder that there was an emotional breakdown that occured.

I hope all has gone well since this post and Goddess bless.

We're both fine now, and back to being happy. I don't think it was a flexibility issue; he actually is more social than he used to be. He's coming to my Halloween party, which is a dance type thing with lots of people he doesn't know. But yeah, we're both good, and when I see him on Thursday, we'll probably be playing around again.

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

good, that's rad....

+ Reply to Thread