+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Tattoos that are common these days

Goat on Fire's Avatar Senior Member
    Beograd, Srbija (the way its originally spelled)

Default Re: Tattoos that are common these days

Quote Originally Posted by Jax
    Im sorry you had a bad day, but seriously...I was asking questions because I LIKE to be educated and get other peoples point of views.

Youre post just rubbed me the wrong way, as I very rarely ever mean to insult anyone. Thats MY belief. To treat people as I would like to be treated.

I am by no means a child or even close to being a teen. Ive read your posts, and I never would have expected the reply you gave me. I have a hot temper. Lol.
    Then we've got the hot temper in common

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

I think we brought it up, because a lot of young people get REALLY excited when they find a new religion or philosophy that makes sense. So they go nuts over it, and get it tattooed all over their body. Regardless if it is Satanism, StraightEdge, Skinhead, or whatever, people get really obsessed about their beliefs, but then they change their minds later, and feel a little lame, to be covered in swasticas, pentagrams, or XxX tattoos. Especially when they are at church, or smoking a bowl, or hanging out with their new jewish friends... The idea is to get a tattoo that is not advocating a philosophy or religion you might not believe in down the road, 20 years from now... Now if you get a skull, or a panther, or a tribal design, it might look cheesy, or dated, but you won't be ashamed, and it won't offend anyone, except their artist taste!

Goat on Fire's Avatar Senior Member
    Beograd, Srbija (the way its originally spelled)

Quote Originally Posted by Goat on Fire
    I can see your point of view... but by satanism I intended the principles and the driving instincts which you had before knowing about any religion. Therefor If I ever get disapointed in satanism, my principles are still the same. That's why I said that religion is to be observed STRICTLY from a individualistic point of view. And yes, looking at the situation from your perspective (as accurately as I can), you are right.

To answer the question, if I had another point of view, and got both sleeves tatooed in pentacles and goats :-) and then suddenly changed my way of thinking, i'd probably keep my silence and KNOW that, that was my own decision (no one pushed me into it) and have no one to blame. But then again, with the technology we have tofay, I'd probably just peel them off and get fresh skin replanted
    wait a minute... i didn't answer the queston after all... I would feel regret... but would accept it as a part of my history, and if i felt that much self-disguist i would remove it. History cannot be erased, and a permanent monument to one stupid act can be an excelent reminder to THINK twice (or at least at all) before making cardinal decisions further on. So i guess youre right. If a person is getting a tattoo out of his love for body art, he should go with abstract designes - tribals and the like.

Actually, i do know of a case with branded trademarks of different ideologies on his body which is now a gallery of contradictions... he's got a swastika, a pentacle and probably a couple of other things i havent noticed.

-------------------

To refresh this discussion a bit, i ask you which skin areas are your favourite tattoo places? My definitely favourite spot would be the L-bow. No reason in particular, i just like it.

Histrionica's Avatar Hardhearted Hellion

I don't know if it's my favourite spot - but my next tatties will be on my foot. I've always thought my feet needed something to beautify them, and the tattoos i've chosen will be of the same theme that is on my right shoulder blade.

~Histrionica~

Forestghost's Avatar Knowlege is power!

I'm jumping into this discussion a little bit late, but hey, I just signed up. *shrugs*
    I actually did my undergraduate psychology thesis on tattoos, and from the participants in my study (only limited, less than 200 people from Ontario, Canada) I found that the majority of people fall into one of two categories. Those who are true collectors and have been tattooed for themselves (i.e. not to try to be cool, or prove anything to anyone) These people have tattoos that mean something to them, and commonly have more intricate/detailed tattoos. The other category are the people who get a tattoo because it's suddenly considered "acceptable" and they want to "fit in" These tattoos are often meaningless and chosen for "cuteness" or "sexiness" or "toughness". The latter group seems to be the most common.

As a side note, to take the topic literally, I found that the most common type/style of tattoo involved an animal of some sort.

+ Reply to Thread