+ Reply to Thread

Thread: charachter traits

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

Default charachter traits

name a trait that you would like to change(or your least favorite trait) about yourself.

for extra credit tell us when it has come in handy.
    me: kindness yes kindness is my least favorite trait... far to often i have given way to much for people i believed were true friends never expecting anything in return. but being taken advantage of or just plain being dropped by these "friends" is rather unsettling and happens more often then i would like.

ec: upon leaving a club i saw a girl who i barely knew but was friends of friends getting very stressed over her friend who was falling over drunk and was drifting in and out. after hanging around for a bit trying to get her to sober up and stand on her own i just wound up picking her up and litterally carrying her a good number of blocks back to her boyfriends house who was home but unable to be reached... afterwards the girl thanked me the drunk doesn't even remember me but the boyfriend become a pretty good net buddy who i still talk to every now and then.

Default Re: charachter traits

I guess I'd like to not be selfish. I mean, everyone is to an extent, it's human nature, and that's what I can't stand about it.
    Like, let's say I was somewhere, and my wallet got stolen. Now after it gets stolen, I find out that the person who stole it really needed the money. Like, you know, they were starving. Or, their kids were, or something. Even after I knew they needed it more than me, I'd still be angry that they took it.

Caligula's Avatar Senior Member

I could probably do with being more tolerant. There again everybody else could do with being less intolerable.

northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula
    I could probably do with being more tolerant. There again everybody else could do with being less intolerable.
    thats a very good point. the whole argument between survival of the fittest and you are your brothers keeper go very well with dealing with tolerence... or as some people will point out what's wrong with being snobby or having high standards whats wrong with striving for excellence.

why does everyone have to be so fucking PC ?

umm i'll shut up now

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Quote Originally Posted by skully
    name a trait that you would like to change(or your least favorite trait) about yourself.

for extra credit tell us when it has come in handy.
    me: kindness yes kindness is my least favorite trait... far to often i have given way to much for people i believed were true friends never expecting anything in return. but being taken advantage of or just plain being dropped by these "friends" is rather unsettling and happens more often then i would like.

ec: upon leaving a club i saw a girl who i barely knew but was friends of friends getting very stressed over her friend who was falling over drunk and was drifting in and out. after hanging around for a bit trying to get her to sober up and stand on her own i just wound up picking her up and litterally carrying her a good number of blocks back to her boyfriends house who was home but unable to be reached... afterwards the girl thanked me the drunk doesn't even remember me but the boyfriend become a pretty good net buddy who i still talk to every now and then.
    wow ,im not the only one!!!! im very similar to that i always do for others i can't help it and i usally let them know i hate im so fu**kn nice

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Me too! I am ALWAYS too nice to people and they just turn on me!!! Especially in this scene, the clubs, people are just SO mean sometimes. A lot of them are on drugs, cocaine is a very snooty, mean kind of attitude drug, and well, crack is even worse, it's just pure anger....

When did being nice help me? H-m-m-m-m....Well it has helped me sort of pull together things very cheaply. I am good at getting shows and photo shoots together with a lot of difficult diva like people for zero money and pulling things together. I just like the sort of edgy fashion look and image and music well, you know. But it can be difficult dealing with dominatrix type divas!!!!

poison's Avatar Senior Member

methinks that i'm too cynical and also verly blunt at times...i'd like to be able to be more compassionate, or even just slightly more subtle 'cause people are always telling me my bluntness can be, at times, very vulgar! just the way i was born i guess...!

devilmutt's Avatar Senior Member

for me it would probably be a tie between my temper and my lack of pateince, although they are probably linked for the most part...

i think the only people i have any patience with at all are my wife and kids...

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    Me too! I am ALWAYS too nice to people and they just turn on me!!! Especially in this scene, the clubs, people are just SO mean sometimes. A lot of them are on drugs, cocaine is a very snooty, mean kind of attitude drug, and well, crack is even worse, it's just pure anger....

When did being nice help me? H-m-m-m-m....Well it has helped me sort of pull together things very cheaply. I am good at getting shows and photo shoots together with a lot of difficult diva like people for zero money and pulling things together. I just like the sort of edgy fashion look and image and music well, you know. But it can be difficult dealing with dominatrix type divas!!!!
    yeah i can imagine in an industry that revolves around control and power getting someone to give it up even for the most simplest of reasons must be a challenge.

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

I use to be to nice to people, abit of a roll over, especially if I was somewhere new and didn't know anyone, it can be troublesome, I was bale to learn to take a few extra steps back and not be so eager to be kind or friendly I like to hear " that guy kinda seems dark and snobish" I don't go and just say let be friends.....OK OK I'm getting to mine! stop poking me!!! ye unseferable bunch JEEEEZUUUS...I am to hrd on myself I am very much a dynamo in my day to day existence I go hard and give it everything I got. Sometimes when things don't go my way I do great mental rendidtions of FightClub to my self esteem, I want to be the best person I can be I owe it to myself...so when i botch it I can be abit nasty on myself...my other trait I have to be creful of is my cynsism, I can be down right ronin like with that one, no prisoners left alive, it probably has to tie in with my gut instinc and the to other traits I previously mentioned. I am very critical of me and my surroundings....but to be honest I wouldn't change any of it at all I just have to work on handling it all a little better and that is a life time task....there are no easy answers just tough work scheduals

DPietz's Avatar Member

I would like to get rid of my Clinical Depression.

but i've grown so used to it.

~D

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

I think I'd like to be a little less apt to say whatever comes to mind.

Pro: I can verbally rip someone a new asshole in the middle of their forehead.

Con: I can verbally rip someone a new asshole inthe middle of their forehead.

Sometimes I really think I should get that filter between my mouth and brain reinstalled. Or get a new one since mine is broken.

Sceptic_Messiah's Avatar Senior Member

im waaaaaaaaay to generous and nice and im too polite to say no sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Nudemuse
    I think I'd like to be a little less apt to say whatever comes to mind.

Pro: I can verbally rip someone a new asshole in the middle of their forehead.

Con: I can verbally rip someone a new asshole inthe middle of their forehead.

Sometimes I really think I should get that filter between my mouth and brain reinstalled. Or get a new one since mine is broken.
    yeah i am all about speaking ones mind but there is that one little think called tact that comes in handy. although sometimes ripping an asshole into someones forhead is damn needed

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

I tend to attack problems right away, rather than waiting, calming down, and evaluating the situation better.

+ Reply to Thread