+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Goth Boys VS Normal Boys

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Goth Boys VS Normal Boys

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    Yes, New York people in general I think are a bit different from California or LA people. I have lived in both places.

LA is another country in itself!! I used to live in LA. Yes the goth boys are very different,compared to California boys in general. I think it has something to do with the Catholic upbringing in California everyone is a Bhuddist or something like that!!(Don't laugh, I USED TO BE A Bhuddist, and I used to chant. I was about 14. I am from Mill Valley,California so it figures).

And then when you get into ENGLISH boys, well, that is an entirely new thread...
    Mill Valley???? I never would have guessed that. That definitely is new age country. I'm from Sonoma County (among other places) The "gothic scene" in the Bay Area was a bit more open than most. A lot of us just migrated from the punk club. I never labelled myself either. One Eyed Cat boys are surely best

OEC

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

the only real difference is how they like to chase the girls, and what sort of music and energy levels motivate them

electricgoblin's Avatar Member

Quote Originally Posted by GasmaskGirl
    it used to be like that for me too, however, i find more and more that people who dress "goth" aren't really into the same things I'm into at all. They're more into hanging out at the mall and wasting all their money on thier image. At least the ones around here are.

I like nerds with no particular "image" whatsoever
    I also met some girls and they said I'm not gothic I like to wear this clothes.

It something I really hate cause when I go out to gothic clubs it sometimes all this stuff is very superficial. If you wanna flirt you have to look like a supergothic and I don't like it. I don't like this kind of girls and neither I don't not wear 4 hangings to look more gothic.

electricgoblin's Avatar Member

Yes, New York people in general I think are a bit different from California or LA people. I have lived in both places.

LA is another country in itself!! I used to live in LA. Yes the goth boys are very different,compared to California boys in general. I think it has something to do with the Catholic upbringing in California everyone is a Bhuddist or something like that!!(Don't laugh, I USED TO BE A Bhuddist, and I used to chant. I was about 14. I am from Mill Valley,California so it figures).

And then when you get into ENGLISH boys, well, that is an entirely new thread...
    A new threat could be spanish goth boys if you would know one. :P

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedCat
    Mill Valley???? I never would have guessed that. That definitely is new age country. I'm from Sonoma County (among other places) The "gothic scene" in the Bay Area was a bit more open than most. A lot of us just migrated from the punk club. I never labelled myself either. One Eyed Cat boys are surely best

OEC
    You are from Sonoma!!! Wow!!! I always used to drive through the fields of Sonoma and the farm lands, very beautiful. Lot of wineries up there!!! Yes I actually thought that the Bay Area Goth scene was pretty good, and they seemed to dress a lot better than they do in New York. Oh, and yes, I migrated from punk clubs, teenage punk rocker here!!!

You are from Sonoma!!! Wow!!! I always used to drive through the fields of Sonoma and the farm lands, very beautiful. Lot of wineries up there!!! Yes I actually thought that the Bay Area Goth scene was pretty good, and they seemed to dress a lot better than they do in New York. Oh, and yes, I migrated from punk clubs, teenage punk rocker here!!!
    It was fun out there for a long time. The dot com boom kind of sucked as people tended to buy up all the clubs and pass noise ordinances. Did you ever hang out at 924 Gilman or Slims in SF? I set up some shows at the Phoenix in Petaluma too. I still remember a few girls from Tamalpais High in Mill Valley LOL I'd struggle with names now. We got ourselves into a lot of alcohol induced trouble back then.

OEC

memorydream's Avatar Sage

Makes me miss some of my old pals.

Scott's Avatar Senior Member

I prefer goth girls ... mmmmm...

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedCat
    It was fun out there for a long time. The dot com boom kind of sucked as people tended to buy up all the clubs and pass noise ordinances. Did you ever hang out at 924 Gilman or Slims in SF? I set up some shows at the Phoenix in Petaluma too. I still remember a few girls from Tamalpais High in Mill Valley LOL I'd struggle with names now. We got ourselves into a lot of alcohol induced trouble back then.

OEC
    Oh my god!!! (Valley girl here!) I went to Tamalpais Highschool!!! I remember hearing about that club in Petaluma. I used to go to a club in Berkeley called House of Usher and what was that one on Howard Street in SF? Can't remember. It was good too.

Oh my god!!! (Valley girl here!) I went to Tamalpais Highschool!!! I remember hearing about that club in Petaluma. I used to go to a club in Berkeley called House of Usher and what was that one on Howard Street in SF? Can't remember. It was good too.
    Wow! That's amazing. I remember Tam High. I went to Berkeley House of Usher a lot towards the end. Did you look different then? I'm sure I would have talked to you. I actually found out about Blue Blood down there at a christening party. I remember Howard Street. That varied between Death Guild, maybe Winters Gone by and a few projects from the Usher folks. That was at the very end of time there. At any rate, you look wonderful and I love The Nuns. It's really inspirational to see so many people from back in the day doing great and looking great.
    I'll definitely try to see one of your shows

OEC

+ Reply to Thread