+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Results 41 to 68 of 68

Thread: My Introduction...

  1. #41

    Default Re: My Introduction...

    Quote Originally Posted by milkingbreast View Post
    Even if what you were saying was true, it wouldn’t be true for the reason you are giving. Stating that
    experience is based on both seeing and thinking is merely an observation, it is not an evaluation of their relative importance.
    Aesthetic is not the same thing as sight. And my argument was not that aesthetic and meaning have equal 'importance', but rather that comparing the two in that regard is absurd in its entirity; partly because there is no such thing as objective importance, and partly because human consciousness would be a unimaginably different thing without either.

    Quote Originally Posted by milkingbreast View Post
    Really? And do people that think they are more stylish than smart, lets say some models, value style over intelligence? I don’t think so.
    You want to settle a philosophical point with the presumed results of a hypothetical poll now?

    Quote Originally Posted by milkingbreast View Post
    I can't be sure that I understand exactly what you are saying here. Care to elaborate?
    I am saying that I wasn't saying that the stylishness of an opinion matters more than its meaning, but rather implying that all opinions in the religion/antitheism spectrum are lacking in intellectual usefulness, and that therefore picking the most stylish one seems perfectly reasonable.

    It's like choosing the tastiest snack out of a selection of equally unhealthy ones.

    Quote Originally Posted by milkingbreast View Post
    No, what I wrote makes perfect sense.
    Yes, exactly, which is what didn't make sense about it. You said those two things as if they were supposed to be contradictory, while they are in fact perfectly compatible (and both true).

    Quote Originally Posted by milkingbreast View Post
    It only becomes confusing when the person stating this belief is at the very same time flirting with the notion of doing a photoshoot with a certain website, where the qualitative difference in photography would not really be remarkable because the owner already has fairly good skills himself and has in any case also expressed a desire to learn more.
    Thanks! And ok, I get it now; the things you said aren't contradictory off and among themselves, but rather with a third and fourth premise, being that Amelia and Forrest as photographers are equal to the photographers whose terms I objected to in my statement, and that none of my objections would apply to working with them. Both of those are at least partially false, which explains the problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by milkingbreast View Post
    Neglecting your ideals in search of a wider audience is all well and good, but you might as well be honest about it!
    When my ideals change I will unabashedly announce it to the world. This is not true at this time.

  2. #42
    Exiled
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    38

    Default Re: My Introduction...

    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Aesthetic is not the same thing as sight. And my argument was not that aesthetic and meaning have equal 'importance', but rather that comparing the two in that regard is absurd in its entirity; partly because there is no such thing as objective importance, and partly because human consciousness would be a unimaginably different thing without either.
    I never said that I think that you think that they have equal importance. I was just saying that your answer did not prove that their comparison would be absurd. That two things work in tandem does not mean that one cannot be valued over another, it just makes it more difficult.

    Moreover your belief that there is no such thing as objective importance is neither here nor there. Eventually everything loses its shape, yes, but we can talk about it in the meantime.

    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Yes, exactly, which is what didn't make sense about it. You said those two things as if they were supposed to be contradictory
    Nope. You just read it that way. I just wanted to be sure of your standpoint before I questioned it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    You want to settle a philosophical point with the presumed results of a hypothetical poll now?
    A poll? I just assumed that what would be true of one would be true of the other. Most of the time anyway. Are we even talking about the same thing?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Thanks! And ok, I get it now; the things you said aren't contradictory off and among themselves, but rather with a third and fourth premise, being that Amelia and Forrest as photographers are equal to the photographers whose terms I objected to in my statement, and that none of my objections would apply to working with them. Both of those are at least partially false, which explains the problem.
    My pleasure, but there is no problem and your premises are off.


    It is very simple.

    1. Presumably, based on your ideals, you would not have another group take your photos, and then brand them as their own unless their contribution was very high (if you would do it at all).

    2. Now since your photos are already of a high quality and only getting better, Iím not sure why you are so willing to have your photographs taken by BB in the first place, unless it is purely out of a desire to be seen by more people, which is fine, but lets be clear about about your reasons.

    Anyway, At this stage I'm worried that someone will think I'm knocking the site which I'm not trying to do at all.

  3. #43
    Register666's Avatar The Hunted
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    98

    Default Re: My Introduction...

    could you please continue your discussion with Raza via pm? I started this thread to introduce myself, to answer your questions and such things. so... has nobody any question about me? I told you before: feel free and ask what you want! 8)

  4. #44

    Default Re: My Introduction...

    Quote Originally Posted by milkingbreast View Post
    I never said that I think that you think that they have equal importance. I was just saying that your answer did not prove that their comparison would be absurd. That two things work in tandem does not mean that one cannot be valued over another, it just makes it more difficult.

    Moreover your belief that there is no such thing as objective importance is neither here nor there. Eventually everything loses its shape, yes, but we can talk about it in the meantime.
    What I mean is that importance can only be measured with regards to a specific objective, and different classes of effects can only be compared when they can be reduced to a common measuring unit. As basic building blocks of human perception, no such reduction is possible for meaning and aesthetic. You can't even reduce them to relative abstracts such as happiness or wisdom, because none of those would exist as we know them if either were completely lacking.

    It's a fundamental case of apples and oranges, many magnitudes less comparable than actual apples and oranges ever were.

    Quote Originally Posted by milkingbreast View Post
    Nope. You just read it that way. I just wanted to be sure of your standpoint before I questioned it.
    Fair enough. I presume you unconfused.

    Quote Originally Posted by milkingbreast View Post
    A poll? I just assumed that what would be true of one would be true of the other. Most of the time anyway. Are we even talking about the same thing?
    Nevermind. There's too many layers of irony and logical codependencies at work to explain all the reasons why that was funny to me. It doesn't really affect the rest of the discussion.

    Quote Originally Posted by milkingbreast View Post
    It is very simple.

    1. Presumably, based on your ideals, you would not have another group take your photos, and then brand them as their own unless their contribution was very high (if you would do it at all).

    2. Now since your photos are already of a high quality and only getting better, I’m not sure why you are so willing to have your photographs taken by BB in the first place, unless it is purely out of a desire to be seen by more people, which is fine, but lets be clear about about your reasons.

    Anyway, At this stage I'm worried that someone will think I'm knocking the site which I'm not trying to do at all.
    Well, for one because our own photography simply doesn't come into play if Izta and I want to be in a shoot simultaneously - DIY just isn't an option. For another, because our photography is mostly restricted to the outdoors, with the model standing still, neither of which is particularly conductive to shooting erotica - from what I've heard and seen Amelia and Forrest practice techniques with no such limitations. Then there's the fact that the blue blood icon they paste onto pictures is relatively small and stylish compared to what many photographers go with, that they seem like a friendly production with a genuine focus on culture (if not necessarily over earning a living, then at least at level with it), and that IMO a wide audience is a valid entry on the list of things a photographer can contribute, even if it's one of secondary or tertiary concern. And finally, 'so willing' is a liberal description of my saying I'd sit down and talk to them about it; 'interested' would do better.

  5. #45
    Register666's Avatar The Hunted
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    98

    Default Re: My Introduction...

    One more about this Red Head in my Pictures.
    Today someone told me she's namedn "shedevilvixen".
    So I used this "name" by google...
    Some Results!
    And some pictures.
    But I am not sure!
    Is this really "shedevilvixen"?????????????

  6. #46
    ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    San Fransisco
    Posts
    2,938

    Default Re: My Introduction...

    Quote Originally Posted by Register666 View Post
    Is this really "shedevilvixen"?????????????
    I don't think so. SheDevilVixen is another name used by Jade Starr and the girl you are looking for isn't her. That's not to say your girl maybe didn't use that name too, but odds are good that's not who you are looking for.

  7. #47
    Register666's Avatar The Hunted
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    98

    Default Re: My Introduction...

    yeah that's all I found. and jade starr is a lookalike to this redhead! I found many informations about shedevilvixen last night and your right - she's not the redhead! but she has/had the same hairstyle and a body like this other girl that I am looking for! maybe sometime I will know who she realy is... I gotta wait...

  8. #48
    juggalo08332's Avatar Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bridgeton, nj
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: My Introduction...

    I am Gabriel Hernandez from usa new jersey,
    im the romantic type. every girl i know calls me a sweet heart.
    im single, im 23, i have been checking out scar 13 n goth sluts
    since i was about 13 n im 23 now so yeah about 10 years i guess
    my fav. model is scar. i think she is the most beautiful women in the world
    mm just read my profile to learn more about me
    n im juggalo08332 on every thing on the net so hit me up
    google me juggalo08332


  9. #49
    juggalo08332's Avatar Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bridgeton, nj
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: My Introduction...

    nice tread 666 =) u rock... ur find love one day... n all ur dreams will come true

  10. #50
    Register666's Avatar The Hunted
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    98

    Default Re: My Introduction...

    Thx man!
    Nice to read you like Scar so much!
    And thank you for the nice words... :-)
    Hope we will have a good friendship!

  11. #51
    TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,995

    Default Re: My Introduction...

    Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack View Post
    I think it's important to explore and compare. I think that the study and understanding of the contrasts and similarities between various dogmas gives the most complete view.
    This.

    Once you study all religions, you see how they work, and come to understand how and why people follow them and believe in them. Especially if you go way back to the earliest religions. Imagine primitive humans, with no science, no understanding, and they want to know about weather, death, crops, life, birth, lightning, etc. The only person to give answers was the religious leader. The witchdoctor, the priest, etc. As a position of power in early society, there will inevitably be competition from other people with better ideas and better explanations for the natural and the supernatural. So religion evolved. New defeats old, etc. Newer, better, shinier, etc. The current world religions are facing a challenge. They need to adapt and evolve, because their books and lessons are starting to get too old and out of date. Analogies about sheep and ancient farming written in an ancient tongue hold little use for modern humans. That's why you see religions like Scientology popping up. Or even Satanism. Wicca. Paganism. New Age stuff, etc. New religions that people can understand and follow easily. Or new versions of Christianity. Rewriting and adaptations of the bible, like the Mormons and the Jehovah's Witnesses. As long as our society continues to advance technologically, those old religions will keep dying out. But they will be replaced by new ones...

  12. #52
    Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Currently residing in my mind's eye
    Posts
    2,768

    Default Re: My Introduction...

    Quote Originally Posted by milkingbreast View Post
    Antitheism is the product of an unenquiring mind. Religion is a fascinating psychological phenomenon and itís structural benefits (historically) should be recognised. It is far too interesting to simply dismiss.
    I don't think it's a product of an unenquiring mind. I think it's a product of a mind that has looked at all the religions, enquired about them, and has come to the conclusion that life basically was just a enviromental accident. What I don't like about it vs. atheism is in it's central belief that there is something wrong with people who believe in religion. To me, that's just as bad as a bible banger trying to push their beliefs on me. Different strokes for different folks and leave it at that, I say.

  13. #53
    Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Currently residing in my mind's eye
    Posts
    2,768

    Default Re: My Introduction...

    Oh...And welcome Register666...Lol. Get used to the quibbling. It's what we do here.

  14. #54
    Register666's Avatar The Hunted
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    98

    Default Re: My Introduction...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Knucklebones View Post
    Oh...And welcome Register666...Lol. Get used to the quibbling. It's what we do here.
    What should I get used to? What is this?
    Translation to my language means "Wortklauerei".
    So... What???

  15. #55
    Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Currently residing in my mind's eye
    Posts
    2,768

    Default Re: My Introduction...

    Quote Originally Posted by Register666 View Post
    What should I get used to? What is this?
    Translation to my language means "Wortklauerei".
    So... What???
    We do alot of bitching to each other.

  16. #56
    Register666's Avatar The Hunted
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    98

    Default Re: My Introduction...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Knucklebones View Post
    We do alot of bitching to each other.
    Bitching? Like this:

    you smell like Horsecrap!

    To say some bad and diss the others just for fun?

    Or like this:

    Ajax, I wanna *PEEP* your *PEEP* and stick a *PEEP* in your *PEEP* to see you *PEEP* *PEEP* *PEEP*!!!!!! ;-)

  17. #57
    aXa's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    bedford
    Posts
    845

    Default Re: My Introduction...

    no silly, peeps are onl involved when we get way nearer to easter.

  18. #58
    Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Born in London. Lived everywhere.
    Posts
    7,181

    Default Re: My Introduction...

    Quote Originally Posted by aXa View Post
    no silly, peeps are onl involved when we get way nearer to easter.
    Now I want marshmallows.

  19. #59
    RazorCandi's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    80

    Default Re: My Introduction...

    welcome

  20. #60
    Register666's Avatar The Hunted
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    98

    Default Re: My Introduction...

    Jerry Springer on here?????

  21. #61
    Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Currently residing in my mind's eye
    Posts
    2,768

    Default Re: My Introduction...

    Quote Originally Posted by Register666 View Post
    Bitching? Like this:

    you smell like Horsecrap!

    To say some bad and diss the others just for fun?

    Or like this:

    Ajax, I wanna *PEEP* your *PEEP* and stick a *PEEP* in your *PEEP* to see you *PEEP* *PEEP* *PEEP*!!!!!! ;-)

    You want to stick a peep in my WHAT?!?!

  22. #62
    Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    4,725

    Default Re: My Introduction...

    your peep.............not sure what that is for germans though

  23. #63
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    11

    Default Re: My Introduction...

    Welcome love, I hope to see some of the sets first before they post here of course.

  24. #64
    Register666's Avatar The Hunted
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    98

    Default Re: My Introduction...

    so right now I have returned to blueblood. I just needed time to think about many different things. my life, my friends, my job... but after a few months of hard-to-accept-shit I know where to stay - right here!

    so... anyone missed me? XD

  25. #65

    Default Re: My Introduction...

    Welcome back. =P

    Forum's been pretty dead though, lately. I hope it wasn't too essential a part of your joie de vivre recovery strategy.

  26. #66
    Register666's Avatar The Hunted
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    98

    Default Re: My Introduction...

    hey raza! i'm fine after all. thx. but what happend here? you say forums dead??? why??

  27. #67
    mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada;)
    Posts
    1,562

    Default Re: My Introduction...

    Hey! Say something interesting. Please!

  28. #68
    Kittys_Jewelry's Avatar Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Chicago, IL.
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: My Introduction...

    Hello. I am certainly NOT any kind of model for anything. However, you might wish to listen to the music my band plays. Thanks for posting.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Blue Blood
Trappings | Personalities | Galleries | Entertainment | Art | Books | Music | Popcorn | Sex | Happenings | Oddities | Trade/Business | Manifesto | Media | Community
Blue Blood | Contact Us | Advertise | Submissions | About Blue Blood | Links | $Webmasters$
Interested in being a Blue Blood model, writer, illustrator, or photographer? Get in touch