+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bauhaus vs. Dead Can Dance Feud

Default Bauhaus vs. Dead Can Dance Feud

Future generations are going to study the decades after the popularization of internet interaction turned most of the population into emo feuding crybabies and shake their heads in disbelief. Apparently, back in May, Brendan Perry of Dead Can Dance called Peter Murphy of Bauhaus "a sandwich short of a picnic". Brendan Perry of course posted this on his forum under a fake nick. So Peter Murphy just responded this past week calling Brendan Perry out for being a drunk engaged in "musical tourism...
    Read the full article

Default Re: Bauhaus vs. Dead Can Dance Feud

Wow. There's a lot of irony in the 'angry depressive goth' comment, there. Lovely when people take themselves so seriously that they believe there should be legal recourse for being disagreed with on the subject.

Aaanyway, whatever. This particular conversation happens on the internet a million times a day. Clearly, goth celebrities aren't any wiser than normal ones - and normal celebrities manage the impressive feat of being possibly less so than the general public, so none of this should be as surprising as it is (inexplicably) entertaining.

Let me get this straight – its 2010 and those two are having a pissing contest over greatest goth frontman of 1990?

I know those two are fond of classical Greek titles and all, so here's one to fit this situation: Pathos.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by iamcuriousblue View Post
    Let me get this straight – its 2010 and those two are having a pissing contest over greatest goth frontman of 1990?

I know those two are fond of classical Greek titles and all, so here's one to fit this situation: Pathos.

Seems like the obvious answer would be Peter Murphy, if there were any need for such a contest. But still. I just want to be like, "dude, you are Peter Murphy! Stop it!"

I mean, I get why Brendan Perry would put up with Peter Murphy jerking his chain for a while, in order to go on tour with him, but eventually feel like enough is enough. I also process that Peter Murphy is no spring chicken and I sincerely doubt he made up unpredictable health problems, just to annoy Brendan Perry and repeatedly almost tour with him. But making it a big public juvenile emo drama?

The two of them are behaving in a way which really begs for someone to make LOLercat pics out of them.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I buy cd's that happen to have thier names on them.I like listening to these cd's. I've actually never cared about the people who actually made them.

I feel embarrassed for them both.

and your little dog too

i hate emo internet feuds. it is only funny because it is so sad that people that accomplished still do that.

+ Reply to Thread