+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Backstage Passes: An Anthology of Rock and Roll Erotica from the Pages of Blue Blood

Default Backstage Passes: An Anthology of Rock and Roll Erotica from the Pages of Blue Blood

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Backstage Passes: An Anthology of Rock and Roll Erotica from the Pages of Blue Blood

Sorry I haven’t updated in a few days. I was scheduled to announce the release of my fabulous anthology Backstage Passes on Monday. But I was wracked with anxiety and inappropriate affect, so, instead of feeling celebratory about the awesomeness, I just mostly felt nervous and queasy. Excited contributors have all been emailing me for the past day to make sure all is well. Okay, that is probably an overshare. Let me start again.

I am pleased to announce that my book Backstage Passes: An Anthology of Rock and Roll Erotica from the pages of Blue Blood just came out. The stories explore different aspects of the eroticism of music subcultures. It’s got sexy literary fiction from all sorts of cool genre authors including Poppy Z. Brite, Nancy A. Collins, John Shirley, Will Judy, Shariann Lewitt, Cecilia Tan, Andrew Greenberg, William Spencer-Hale, Althea Morin, Sèphera Girón, Thomas S. Roche, and more. The book includes a story I wrote too, one of my only published fiction works where I wrote in the third person. I’m fortunate to have been able to work with so many great people.

The book won’t be available in stores until September, but you all can buy copies now from the Blue Blood Books site. It will make me feel all warm and gooey inside if you do.

Register666's Avatar The Hunted

Default Re: Backstage Passes: An Anthology of Rock and Roll Erotica from the Pages of Blue Bl

Interesting!
    Who long did you wrote on your book?
    Will there also be a German (International) version of your book released in Europe?

Default Re: Backstage Passes: An Anthology of Rock and Roll Erotica from the Pages of Blue Bl

Quote Originally Posted by Register666 View Post
    Interesting!
    Who long did you wrote on your book?
    Will there also be a German (International) version of your book released in Europe?
    The book will be distributed in the UK, so I imagine some English language copies will make it to most of the EU. No plans for a German translation right now, although my work has been translated into German before, so it could happen at some point I suppose.

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

that looks pretty kick ass. i will likely be picking up a copy. any idea if the fiction included is exclusive to this anthology, have they been published elsewhere, or are these pretty much 'new' pieces?

Quote Originally Posted by aXa View Post
    that looks pretty kick ass. i will likely be picking up a copy. any idea if the fiction included is exclusive to this anthology, have they been published elsewhere, or are these pretty much 'new' pieces?
    Thanks :-) About half the stories ran in Blue Blood magazine in print first. Of the remainder, some are exclusive and some have appeared in other collections or in magazines. There is a really detailed publishing history breakdown for the stories at the beginning of the book.

Sounds fun!

Has the Poppy Z Brite story been published anywhere other than this and Blue Blood print? Izta collects her works; if she doesn't have it yet she may want this.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Sounds fun!

Has the Poppy Z Brite story been published anywhere other than this and Blue Blood print? Izta collects her works; if she doesn't have it yet she may want this.

I know the story was original to the anthology when Poppy first gave it to me, but I don't know if it has been collected in anything else in the intervening time.

Some place I have a stack of medium format hard-to-scan negatives of cool stuff Forrest and I shot of Poppy. I hope to organize my film better one of these days.

You shot pictures of her?

That is so like you guys.

Register666's Avatar The Hunted

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G View Post
    The book will be distributed in the UK, so I imagine some English language copies will make it to most of the EU. No plans for a German translation right now, although my work has been translated into German before, so it could happen at some point I suppose.
    I hope it will happen!
    But well, I wait to buy the UK version - I really Love your work!!!
    Go Ahead and make more BOOKS!!!
    You could be the reason for me to read more books... :-)
    Much Love,
    Register666 (SeisSeisSeis) ;-)

The book looks really fantastic, much better than the first edition, and it is still a great read. Congrats, Amelia.

+ Reply to Thread