+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Have You Ever Been In Love?

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Default Have You Ever Been In Love?

Or at least had an intense, passionate affair? How long did it last? What happened? Did you break up, or are you still together? How did it affect or change you? Do you still think about them?

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

Default Re: Have You Ever Been In Love?

No, I've never really been in love, although I still have a loving attraction to a woman I spent six months with in Belize in the late Eighties, and a sexual loving attraction to a beautiful woman in Germany who let my fantasy run its course.

Belladonna's Avatar Senior Member

yes i've been in love. still am. he and i had a good friendship that became so much more. we've been married 11 yrs. have 5 kids. he has made me see some of the good in myself i don't think anyone else could.

is that what you wanted to know?

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

i wish i could find me a saucy lass who loves sailing or at least being near the ocean, two of the reasons why i like pirates

I think that's really nice... So many of my friends seem to have no emotions at all. It's like they "HATE" love, and they even get angry when you talk about it. It's nice that not everyone is like that....

I have been hanging around with some pretty scary, edgy people...

countessnichole's Avatar Wicca, Friend, Lover.

I've loved and lost many times. I've loved light and passionatly deep.
    Right now, I am with a girl i've know for about four years. We once dated before but I broke it off with her, under my own insecure pretenses ("it was too good, i couldn't believe how things were working out."). Now we are simply inseperable spirtually, mentally and emotionally, although we are far apart physically.

I love her so much, it makes me almost cry when we spend moments on the phone murmering to one another about what we would do together. The talks can grow very hot too... but I won't get into detail Sorry.

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

yes and it was intense, were still good friends but distance kinda kills it a bit but we try to stay in touch.

Yes I have...it was with someone I never expected to fall in love with. It pretty much lasted about 4 years on and off. I would only see him very few times since he lived out of town. I wished it would have worked. I do think about him all the time but life goes on. Maybe one day!

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

I would put intense passionate affair and love in different boxes as it were. Much easier to find suitable partners for the former than the latter.

Cthulhu23's Avatar Dark Dreamer

I have been truly in love many times. Unfortunatly a couple have been at the same time. Some people do not believe you can be "in-love" with more than one person but I disagree.

It's hard to tell the difference though, between the intense passionate, and the "love". I mean, is love forever? Is that the difference?

I had this conversation with this very famous rockstar in his hotel room, as he was trying to seduce me. He has kids and a longtime famous girlfriend. And I said to him, "Why don't you marry her, don't you love her?"

First he just got upset and said "Love has nothing to do with it!" Then he said that there is no such thing as love and it always dies....

Or does it just FADE...

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    It's hard to tell the difference though, between the intense passionate, and the "love". I mean, is love forever? Is that the difference?

I had this conversation with this very famous rockstar in his hotel room, as he was trying to seduce me. He has kids and a longtime famous girlfriend. And I said to him, "Why don't you marry her, don't you love her?"

First he just got upset and said "Love has nothing to do with it!" Then he said that there is no such thing as love and it always dies....

Or does it just FADE...

I think that passion fades and when passion dies abruptly, it leaves a pain in your gut for around two weeks. Love can be permanent, but, if it fades, it leaves a hole in your sould forever.

It is perhaps past my bedtime.

I think that is hilarious that you asked the poor boy that while he was trying to get in your undies.

It was really funny!! I don't think anyone has ever said that to him. Oh, then I told him that we could only have sex after we were married!!! And you know what he said? "Well, you'll have to wait a long time..."

But he didn't say NO!!!

It was really funny!! I don't think anyone has ever said that to him. Oh, then I told him that we could only have sex after we were married!!! And you know what he said? "Well, you'll have to wait a long time..."

But he didn't say NO!!!

you rule!!

purplepixie's Avatar Senior Member

No and its pissing me off all of my friends are in love and I'm just curious to know what I'm missing out on, plus i always feel left out it seems there constantly talking about there boyfriends and sex and what can i talk about i only ever see anyone for about a week and then we break up for whatever reason, the longest relationship i ever had lasted two nearly three months and by the end of that i was uterly repulsed by him

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

Quote Originally Posted by purplepixie
    No and its pissing me off all of my friends are in love and I'm just curious to know what I'm missing out on, plus i always feel left out it seems there constantly talking about there boyfriends and sex ...
    And just how much of what they say is believable, and how much primping in front of their friends?

That's true, they are just trying to impress you, Purple Pixie. Everyone likes to talk about their boyfriends. You are lucky that you have never had your heart broken. I mean, the last one almost killed me, and I am not kidding. You have your whole life ahead of you.

purplepixie's Avatar Senior Member

no i belive its true for most of them but there is one i dont belive, as she treats her boyfriend like absoulte shit!! she'll make up reasons to shout at him (which can go on for hours) almost like shes trying to get him to break up with her

Macabre_Dreams's Avatar Morbid Freak

I was in love and still am with my ex. He's the father of my baby (a month old), but he doesn't know it, despite the physical resemblance and the way the months leading up to delivery were. I got pregnant in November and had her August 15th. He wants me back, and I've taken him back three times. It's going good for us now, though, but I just don't know because now I have to think about what's good for my daughter.

Why don't you want to go back to him?

Because I'm 18 and still living at home. My parents absolutely hate him (if there was one person they would like to murder and get away with it, it would definately be him) so I would have to sneak around. Not that I already hadn't a few times, but I hate not being able to say "Hey, I'm going to go to Rob's house," and shit.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

I've been in love before several times, and I really think it is something you do to yourself internally. First of all you have to really like the person. And you have to think they are really attractive and sexy. But the hardest part about crossing from really enjoying someone, and being in love, is when you set aside reality. The reality of life, love, trust, etc... When I am bitter, cold, realistic, unfeeling, and I do not trust anyone, then I can't fall in love. No matter how awesome someone is. I am always expecting them to bail, or hurt me. So I do not open up. The only way you can feel "in love" is when you deeply trust someone, or you fool yourself into deeply trusting someone, without reason to. Some people do that, because they think that both people are in love, so nothing will go wrong, and everything will be perfect. So they totally open up, and love each other. But life is full of harsh reality. Living with someone, and being in a long-term relationship, many ugly realities of that person may come to light. Many of your own faults will come to light. That stuff often causes love to fade, or change, etc... It often depends if you love that person after you already know all their flaws, or if the love came first, and then the flaws are revealed. If you still love someone after the flaws, and in a real life situation, and you come to totally trust them, then you may fall in love with them in a safe and real way. But most people cause themselves to trust someone, and fall in love, when they shouldn't...

yes, I've been in love lot of times I'm falling in love almost every day... for me love is relative thing

Honestly... I'm in love with my current boyfriend. There's just something about him, he makes me happier than anyone else in the world. I'm like a doll. I was played with by a bunch of people, who all at some point or another dropped me, then left me. And then he came, and he picked me up and fixed me. *shuts up now*

Ive been in love a few times. Love is a funny thing. Its a horible thing to lose it but after a wile without it your mind tricks you back into it. I'm in love now. And when its gone it will be horrible...

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

hmmm interesting question, ,, sometimes I'm in love, sometimes I'm in hate ,, of course that gets into the big picture of it all ,I quess to me whats important is if I feel either one or the other of those tings or not
    of course I am with someone who I have a place for in all the places I go

hmmmmm

Sceptic_Messiah's Avatar Senior Member

i've loved twice just loved the wrong people thats all maybe i was too young and naive at the time and didnt take it seriously enough

im on my third attempt and im older and it's going great really great

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

well said death knight.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Or at least had an intense, passionate affair? How long did it last? What happened? Did you break up, or are you still together? How did it affect or change you? Do you still think about them?
    Yep! Sure am in love. Fell for him the moment we met. Now we are engaged and living together happily;]

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

........... never been in love and noone's been in love with me, if only it actually bothered me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax
    Yep! Sure am in love. Fell for him the moment we met. Now we are engaged and living together happily;]
    Awesome! Congratulations!

I have also been totally happy being totally alone, with no one.

Sometimes it is really awesome to not have to deal with pain,
    drama, betrayal, or any of that crap.

Peace and quiet can make you very happy sometimes.

... and sometimes it's not enough, death.

But if you come to realize you can't really depend on people, then it makes sense to come to peace with that idea, and be able to live without people in your life. It is better to have friends, romance, love, etc... But if those things are not working out, or you have too much drama, it's nice to know you can go back to a mellow life without drama. It's not ideal, but it is good to know you can go back to a simple life and be reasonably happy and content...

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

ONce. And I still am. I really don't think it's possible for me to ever love some one else ever again. The thing is we make better frineds than lovers so now we're just roommates. Doesn't make it hurt any more or any less. I guess that's just the way it is.
    K

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

Hey Keiko.......... get your broadband back yet?

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

i have been in love 4 times and each time the relationship has ended i could tell right then and there that what i was feeling was true. for me being able to say that no matter how bad the relationship ended and how much i might hurt from what they did to me or how guilty i feel for what i did to them or how sorry i am that it is over (or not sorry) in the end i can say "yes i was able to move on i am OVER THEM but i still and always will love them and even though i would never take them back i wouldn't hesitate for a second to be a part of there life again"

with all four of them i can say they were not only great lovers and were beautiful and good people but they were also great friends and i valued there friendship jsut as much as i valued there companionship. so yeah i have been in love four times i still love them.

missjennifer wrote:" So many of my friends seem to have no emotions at all. It's like they "HATE" love, and they even get angry when you talk about it. It's nice that not everyone is like that...."

yeah i went throught that with except instead of hate it was drama, people surrounded themselves with so much drama and hated whenever you pointed out how easy it was to remove yourself from it... it was quite refreshing to find a few people who's lives didn't revolve around it.

To love, or not to love, that is the question... I can see both sides of it.

Everyone seems to have some kind of story. I am always the type that just falls madly in love every time, over and over again.

My girlfriend who disappeared into the crack dens of New York, used to tell me that she made herself stop feeling. I asked her how she did that, and she told me that she just forced herself. But I could never do that.

love hhhhhmmmm... cant say I have well maybe onece but othere then that Im more like a loner now owell

rayvanfire's Avatar the dark and fallen one

yes.....and he breaks a little piece of my heart everytime i see him.......

+ Reply to Thread