+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Excercizes

Default Excercizes

Lately I've become obsessed with this little pocket of fat at the bottom of my stomach (lower abs)... I know how to get rid of fat pockets on other parts of my body, but not here. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Default Re: Excercizes

well...excercising really only targets muscles. Your body fat distribution is hard to alter too much.

That being said. crunches with your legs elevated should target that area. play with your leg angles til you feel the right area burn.

gonesavage's Avatar That Crazy Chinese Woman
    born in canada, grew up in rochester, NY (the sticks)

I have a small amount of fat on my belly as well, and I think being a woman it's kinda supposed to be there (but not in large quantities). But I've successfully shrunk it drastically in 3 months by doing "fat burning cardio" so that my heart rate is ~130-145 and keeping it there for 30-40 minutes, 3x a week (at least). For intense cardio work, my heart rate would be more like 160-170.

Boxing classes are excellent for getting into shape pretty quickly as well.

Weight lifting/crunches helps you build some muscle so that when you do melt the fat off, you'll start showing off some the muscles.

cruches with alot of weight on ou chest do it til it hurts...

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Liposuction darling.... I am skinny skinny and I always had heavy upper arms, no matter how deathly thin I got, no matter how many weights I lifted. I just had muscle AND flab. The liposuction really worked.

But only get it if you are at the weight you want, and the exersizes don't help. Try that first.

Lipo actually takes a long time for the swelling to go down, I had it done a few years ago, and actually now it looks even better. But I have really been hitting the gym and working out with weights, so now I actually have MUSCLE TONE in my arms!!

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

You can not target fat by exercizing specific areas.
    Fat is deposited in a specific way, and specific distribution, by your genetics.
    So if your body has some fat to store, it's going to store it where it is supposed to go.
    So if you have it on your tummy, that's where it is supposed to go.
    The only way to get rid of it, is to burn off that fat, or suck it out.
    So diet, or do cardio, or get lipo.
    Crunches and situps will only build your muscles in that area.
    It won't burn the fat.

Sorry.

+ Reply to Thread