+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are you on a diet?

Default Are you on a diet?

Are you on a diet to lose weight or gain weight? What type of diet?

Ouroboros's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Are you on a diet?

I'd never submit myself to a diet. It's too much discipline for me.
    Maybe if my life depended on it, and a doctor made me do it...

... nah.

Trotter's Avatar Senior Member

Im on the ocular diet. I only eat the food I see in front of me. its workin for me.

Forestghost's Avatar Knowlege is power!

Well, I've cut pop (diet or otherwise) out of my diet. It's amazing how much weight one can lose by simply cutting a 2L bottle of Coke/day out of their diet.

Oh, and I exercise more, but I seem to be gaining actual weight, the whole muscle weighs more than fat thing coming into play...

Ouroboros's Avatar Senior Member

Yeah, well muscle weight does look nicer.
    Sometimes I wish I could lay off Coke. But then I slap myself. Let's face it I'm hooked. It is my one source of caffeine.

... or something.

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

I've never been on a diet in my life, and never had any weight problems. Having said that, I am very careful about my normal diet anyway, as a vegetarian, and calculate what I wish to eat against what I need to eat!

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

im on a diet it consists of lots of red meat, carbs and a pack of ciggarettes a day plus some booze and some adderal to keep my metabolism up

MidniteCliche's Avatar Senior Member

ya, a diet of junk food!...haha!!! Fuck no! No diets here....I couldn't imagine not eating what I want to by choice (I do, however have medical requirements for my Crohn's disease) I could never by choice limit myself.

Mekahoel The Pandafist's Avatar Cold, wet and hungry

There is high cholesterol in my family, so I have to start watching stuff I eat. It sucks, especially since I like eggs. However, I am not quite worried yet, so it is more of a limitation, and not a diet. Nine more posts to go...

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

the eat smarter diet: eat smaller portions more times through out the day try and eat less fried foods lower calories more veges more fiber less sugar less junk food less preservative ridden food drink more water (i also drink little more then crystal light and fruit 2o and occasionaly milk) basically its not a diet it is considered eating healthy.

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Forestghost
    Well, I've cut pop (diet or otherwise) out of my diet. It's amazing how much weight one can lose by simply cutting a 2L bottle of Coke/day out of their diet.

Oh, and I exercise more, but I seem to be gaining actual weight, the whole muscle weighs more than fat thing coming into play...

So true, just cutting out the sugar makes a real difference. I have also cut out ALL bread, potatoes, sugar, additives, rice,french fries etc. Also I hardly ever eat meat or chicken. Once in a while fish or eggs.

More for health reasons, just trying to each as much fresh fruits and vegetables as I can. But right now I am DYING for a huge steak...

OH, and I know, it seems the more I exercise, the more weight I gain!!! I think you also get SO hungry after you work out that you sort of go overboard!

purplepixie's Avatar Senior Member

purplepixie's Avatar Senior Member

no i tried along time ago when in school as i was picked on alot for being overweight but it didnt work i couldnt stick to it and i thought it was unfair that i would eat less junk food than everyone else and still weigh more in the end i got a paper round and lost the weight and now for now at least until my metabolism slows to a stop which it no doubt will, i can eat and eat and eat and it doesnt make much difference if it does i lose it again the next week when i stop eating because of my bizzare eating habbits

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    OH, and I know, it seems the more I exercise, the more weight I gain!!! I think you also get SO hungry after you work out that you sort of go overboard!

of course going overboard is not good it is the most important time to eat... when blood sugar levels are depleated you need to replace them with nurtrients or else your body will break down muscle to make up the levels.

a very good book to read if you are interested is a book called "nutrient timeing" i forgot who the author is but you can find it at ANY gnc its under 20 bucks to... but it talks all about what to eat and more importantly "when" in order to keep the muscle you build while burning the fat thus keeping your body fat down while keeping metabolism and energy levels up.

i needed to lose wieght and i got poor so i could only eat once a day. im trimming up nicely. not by choice but i need to lose wieght anyways.

+ Reply to Thread