+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Broken and hearts lately?

Default Broken and hearts lately?

I have no idea if I have. I tend to stray away from any sort of commitment and run at any sign. I really do run and I am unsure how the person reacted.

I've thought of this because I went drinking with a few friends of mine and two guy friends tried picking me up. Not at the same time. I found it most awkward, I've known them both forever. We all were pretty drunk, which probably did have an effect.

Now is this about relationships or the effect alcohol has on us? I seem to have lost myself.

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

Default Re: Broken and hearts lately?

Yes. There was a young woman who I chanced across on LiveJournal who was moaning because of an illness she has (life endangering) and all the therapy she has to go through. Turns out she was about 16 or so, but I posted a message to her not to give up and to get on with her life as best she could. We entered into a short relationship through e-mail and then she said 'You don't mind´me getting a little bit attached, do you?' To which I replied that I didn't mind, but she ought to remember that I am probably older than her mother.

Not heard from her since.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Well, it's good that people are honest about what they want, and stick to it.
    I have a problem with people who seem ok with commitment, and then bail.
    I prefer that if people are not up for a relationship just keep it simple, and run away if they need to. Then you don't get attached, and they don't either. But people who claim to be stable, and open to a relationship, and then they destroy it because they become afraid of commitment, are really lame... If you are afraid to get attached, then just fuck around. Don't lead people on...

Ouroboros's Avatar Senior Member

I'm sure I have, even when not on purpose. I also have done it on purpose, just because, sometimes, I can be a complete prick.
    And I'm not afraid of commitment. I'm just not ready for it.

... I guess.

You know what? I am told just skip the whole dating and commiting thing and hop right to the fucking. But I still need to find out what I want for sure, I don't know myself yet!

+ Reply to Thread