+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: HIM? Who?

CarnalxKiss's Avatar Carnal Love Goddess

Default Re: HIM? Who?

I must be the minority here as well.. I love HIM...Ville is still and always was gorgeous...I love his voice and the lyrics to the songs are great too...I haven't met a band yet that I loved all their songs...doubt i ever will...But...ville's voice is sexy and drips of passion...i could care less what others think of him...i personally dont care for the heavy migraine speed metal rock of today...different strokes...I'll take Ville anyday...YUM!

Ichigo's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedanima
    Actually, HIM is quiet enjoyable Finnish Goth. Although I must mention that I am attached to music from my ancestral homeland, weather it be 'cheese ball' or not. A lot of Finnish music does tend toward Melodrama, but I find that is quite common in Goth, no matter what anyone says. Diva's abound.
    I'm attracted to music from my ancestral homeland also, but I won't go as far as HIM. I'm starting to get pissed off now that all these people all of a sudden are in love with Finland and want to go there. It'd be okay if people wanted to go for different reasons, like if they liked the language or people, but not from a lame band.

Bedlamite

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo
    I'm attracted to music from my ancestral homeland also, but I won't go as far as HIM. I'm starting to get pissed off now that all these people all of a sudden are in love with Finland and want to go there. It'd be okay if people wanted to go for different reasons, like if they liked the language or people, but not from a lame band.
    True, true. Not nessesarily HIM's fault, however sudden interest in Finland for shallow reasons is disagreeable. On the upside, perhaps if more people know a bit about Finland, I could stop hearing the same lame jokes about being Finnish. Just a thought.

Ichigo's Avatar Senior Member

Usually when I tell people I'm Finnish, they don't even know where it is.

Bedlamite

Usually when I tell people I'm Finnish, they don't even know where it is.
    Ditto. It takes normally takes me a few minutes to clear up that I'm not 'finished'.

spdstsposeo's Avatar Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPRB
    if yer going to go with cute guys that rawk why not The Explosion or Dillenger Escape Plan?
    never heard of the explosion but The Dillenger Escape Plan rocks !

spdstsposeo's Avatar Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrettySkullButAngryWhore
    most everyone here is just starting to understand that the "heartagram" is the symbol for HIM and not bam. i live in the back-assward part of the country, we always get shit last. and theres a lot of rednecks so its not like i live in an overall intelligent area either... ugh i gotta get out of this town.
    lol that would be new news to the asshats around here.

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

Finland makes great vodka...I dunno...hang out with the Laplanders...play with dear...Watch the Leningra Cobowys play hockey...Buy and Icebreaker Boat

Bizarre Star's Avatar Member

To be honest here, Ive heard ofthem, but never heard them. I wanted to check them out a few times after MTV and seeing BAM sport the heartagram, however I never got around to doing so. Looks like I will be disapointed when/if I do. Oh well....
    Thanks for the heads up!

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Now there's an odd pop culture trend...first I've heard of it though. Still any reason to visit a new place is a good one I say.

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

I can stand some of his stuff... but now that you mention it, he DOES look like a freakin monkey!

Drakken's Avatar Self Proclaimed Deity

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuietPlace
    I can stand some of his stuff... but now that you mention it, he DOES look like a freakin monkey!
    LOL you all know it's true!

CarnalxKiss's Avatar Carnal Love Goddess

mmm the videos i've seen....(7 or 8 now)...he has never looked like a monkey...but damn..the man has the same natural sex appeal that Morrison had....mmmm ..if less of you like Ville..that means more will be left for me...and that sets just fine with me....Ville or his best friend Jyrki from t he 69 eyes....YUM what a threesome that would make...

Ok first of all half of you retards got all the information wrong, and that pic you posted isnt even from a HIM performance it was from the side project band called Daniel Lioneye, So that pic doesnt really depict Ville really well, Because thats the only time ive ever seen him looking like that.... HIM is an amazing band.. If you dont like it you can go listen to your talentless rap, Corny Green day, or absolutely retarted Nickleback type talentless bands.
    Wicked Anima, You rock, haha. I think your the only person in here with a good taste in music. Finnish music and its backround is simply amazing. And Ichigo, I do want to go to Finland, But not because of HIM. Because of The people and the culture. But i do know what your talking about... So many people obsessed on going there just because of HIM...

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

you need to chill the fuck out ,man.....

this thread is REALLY goddamned old,haha....no need to regerter just to defend your band,it's not going to change anyones opinion....

you like them,hey,thats cool with me ,bud.....i think it's great you like them this much,but don't come making this place all negative,just to stick up for them.....

were a very tolorant bunch ,here we may give you a little shit,but noones cares what you listen too,man(in the good kinda way).....

wow.. and i thought this thread was dead and buried a long time ago. um.. ya.. chill..dont need any more drama on the board as is. let alone about a band. everybody listens to all types of musick here. You can spread the word of the bible but dont mean we'll hear ya

badkittyamy's Avatar Crazy Art Kitten

oh man lookit all the pople returning form their summer hideaways, that and omg that's guys scary lookin'

Tee-hee I'm wearing a H.I.M. shirt right now!

I'm not gunna read what everyone else said, so I may be repeating what was already said.

H.I.M.

His Infernal Majesty.

They're a british band that's been around for a while. Mid-90s, I think. They play glam metal. Because of the lyrical content of their songs, they call their music love metal. Their symbol is the heartogram. They have probably 10 CDs oot, though many of those are EPs and compilations.

purplepixie's Avatar Senior Member

one question how long did it take you to dig out this long ago buried thread?

Quote Originally Posted by purplepixie
    one question how long did it take you to dig out this long ago buried thread?
    It wasn't buried at all. It was sitting right there. *Points*

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

ive only hear done song by h.i.m that mi gatita sent me. it was pretty good. It's not my style of music but I listne to about everything anyway. it's alright though form what ive heard. guess youll have to check out a copy of it to make oyur own call on it.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Quote Originally Posted by HIM-Circa2000
    HIM is an amazing band.. If you dont like it you can go listen to your talentless rap, Corny Green day, or absolutely retarted Nickleback type talentless bands..
    hey, In fairness I DID also make a thread ripping on green day, and I probbily would for nickel back if anyone even gave a shit about them since like 4 years ago when spiderman came out. geez. if you are going to talk shit about people for listening to talentless bands, you might as well bring up one's that people actually still listen to.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

All these guys I know listen to HIM just because of Bam Margera. And it's funny too because they would never listen to that kind of music otherwise, it's just because of Bam plugging the band. If Bam had nothing to do with HIM and I played HIM for them, they would probably say it was the worst shit they ever heard.
    okay... thats kinda sad actually... hehe... are they that much in love with bam?? i mean bam is hot and all... got some damn pretty eyes... but come on!!!

mmm the videos i've seen....(7 or 8 now)...he has never looked like a monkey...but damn..the man has the same natural sex appeal that Morrison had....mmmm ..if less of you like Ville..that means more will be left for me...and that sets just fine with me....Ville or his best friend Jyrki from t he 69 eyes....YUM what a threesome that would make...
    mmmm you know what carnal kiss... i like you

yes that means i love HIM... and i dont think ville looks like a monkey :S hehe... thats a funny picture posted up here though... kinda like "WTF! CAMERA!"

um... im not sure tho... how exactly do you pronounce their names? that always confuzed me...

skintwisterman's Avatar Sunswallower

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedanima
    Actually, HIM is quiet enjoyable Finnish Goth. Although I must mention that I am attached to music from my ancestral homeland, weather it be 'cheese ball' or not. A lot of Finnish music does tend toward Melodrama, but I find that is quite common in Goth, no matter what anyone says. Diva's abound.
    HIM are goth now?

They are not brittish. They are Finnish

I didnt mean to start a big riot, just me two cents.

Proceed

+ Reply to Thread