+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mistypes!!!!!

Goat on Fire's Avatar Senior Member
    Beograd, Srbija (the way its originally spelled)

Default Mistypes!!!!!

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

-Gaot on Frie

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Default Re: Mistypes!!!!!

hloy siht tthas wreid

ervy fkcuing wiedr

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Yup...crazy huh?

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

Then why do people with Dyslexia have so many problems?

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

there is hope for me yet...wtf.....once there was a dog who jumped over a big wall...ughhhh why can I type now?

Ouroboros's Avatar Senior Member

I'm no expert in dislexya... or pretty much anything else, but I have an interesting theory: People with dislexya have problems because their brains are somehow screwed, so it doesn't work the same for them as it does for us "normal-brained people." And that's as scientific as I can make it sound right now.

... plus, I really don't know what the fuck I'm talking about. Dxlieysa is sxey!

Goat on Fire's Avatar Senior Member
    Beograd, Srbija (the way its originally spelled)

Quote Originally Posted by Nightingale
    Then why do people with Dyslexia have so many problems?
    dyslexia is the disorder of not beeing able to recognise letters (at all). You still need to see the first/last one to read the word :-).

Bu then again, i'm no doctor. I'm just guessing.

Forestghost's Avatar Knowlege is power!

Quote Originally Posted by Goat on Fire
    dyslexia is the disorder of not beeing able to recognise letters (at all). You still need to see the first/last one to read the word :-).

Bu then again, i'm no doctor. I'm just guessing.
    Having studied psychology and taken a course on the psychology of reading, I am slightly more qualified to talk about dyslexia (but not much). There are actually two different types of dyslexia, and neither of them represent what people generally think of as dyslexia. People with Dyslexia don't read each word as a jumble of letters.
    Some dyslexics can only read words based on phonetics, basically they have a hard time reading "irregular" words. Words like "steak" and "broad" are hard for them to read while words like "hard" and "tooth" can be read correctly. So basically, for some dyslexics, only words that can be sounded out can be read!

Another type of dyslexia involves the inablility to read words in sentences. These dyslexics have "attentional dyslexia" and as such are only really good at reading individual letters and are unable to read them as a whole word. They can't recognize letters when they are part of a whole word. A person with attentional dyslexia CAN recognize the letter "e" in the when read with numbers...1830e9023
    But have a hard time recognizing the same letter when it is with other letters, asdfasdfeasdfasdf.

There are other types and better explanations, but this is the basic idea! Hope I didn't bore you guys too much!!!

people on messageboards all over the world breathe a sigh of relief, their voice will be heard

+ Reply to Thread