+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: If you were offered a thousand dollars to kill someone . . .

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default If you were offered a thousand dollars to kill someone . . .

If you were offered a thousand dollars to kill someone, would you do it? If yes, any special circumstances required?

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Default Re: If you were offered a thousand dollars to kill someone . . .

didnt you ask this before or was it a million dollars last time? i probably wouldnt unless there was a really good reason

Yeah. It was a million dollars last time. Interested in what difference the amount makes.

Damniel's Avatar Senior Member

depend's on the person, if it's someone i know anda cre probably not... other than that i think i would... a million or a thousand... and get out of the city right away and then kill the person who hierd me so i can be more alm oabut someone knowing i did it...

In real life puting away the police thing, i think i do have the blood to do it, and might do it as painful as posible...

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

would you happen to have anyone in mind Amelia?

As stated b4...I am broke...I owe the bank money...Lump sum up front and a plane ticket waiting for me at the airport of my choice...
    Dead motherfucker...

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

sure, as long as it's noone I like and it comes with a get out of jail free card

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Far far FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR too low of an amount. It'd cost me that much to get out of the country...

A Thousand dollars equals possibly getting out of here, so if there were no legal problems, then sure.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

well..last time i said $100 dollers so uhh....i quess it doesn't really matter,hahha

$10k is my lower limit.

By the time you've ditched the weapon you've used, possibly ditched the car, and spent the money on a good alibi (checking into a hotel in anouther state, etc. etc)... you'll have spent half of it. Easy. Sure you could kill someone for less, but if your going to hire a professional, I'm going to do a proffessional job.
    And no matter how much I'm getting paid, I'm not taking a check. And I can't just walk in and put the cash in the bank... so I've got to play games with it. And that costs money too.

It also keeps away the riff raff. $1000 is less than a months pay for most people. but $10k makes them wonder if they really want it.

And no, I've never killed anyone for hire before. I've been asked, and even promised my $10k, to off a guys wife. He wanted her dead because she was robbing him blind... which left a little issue of money. He had to settle for a plain ol' divorce.

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

The sum makes little difference, providing the contract giver covers the costs.

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

no... i dont think i could kill someone for any amount of money unless i really hated them and felt they had no significance to the world and they were a truley evil and disgusting person who nobody could love...but even then i dont think i could... no, i would just wish them out of my life, not kill them. so yah, no killings for me. i think life is more important that greed.

if i was paid 2500 UK to kill someone and it was not a good person and it was not a woman or kid then yes

but they must cover my expenses and give details of target

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

I think that would be too low for me, unless it was personal and the grand was just to cover minor expenses.

Drakken's Avatar Self Proclaimed Deity

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    I think that would be too low for me, unless it was personal and the grand was just to cover minor expenses.
    I'm with Forrest on that one.
    Can't even pay a good lawyer with that if one gets caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakken
    I'm with Forrest on that one.
    Can't even pay a good lawyer with that if one gets caught.
    Yeah, I was thinking more along the lines of cheap unregistered firearms, a pair of gloves, and a pair of disposable shoes...

Yeah, I was thinking more along the lines of cheap unregistered firearms, a pair of gloves, and a pair of disposable shoes...
    One does need those too.. *thinks*
    Prefered method of disposal of a body?

Weblogger

Asian Restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightingale
    Asian Restaurant.
    *AGHAST*

Weblogger

*AGHAST*
    I don't eat meat, so it really doesn't bother me.

Ever come across Tales of the Unexpected? There was one where the murder weapon was a leg of lamb, and the murderess served the murder weapon to the investigating officers when they arrived.

I'm pretty sure there was another one too with a restaurant critic who insisted on finding out what the secret ingredient was in certain dishes at a restaurant, and ended up being that secret ingredient.

Don't imagine it doesn't happen either; I'll lay you damn good odds that it does, and more often than anyone cares to imagine.

Why bother?

Why bother?
    No Body = No Murder.

Seriously. If the missing person is older than 18, then they have a right to just up and dissapear. And the cops have more important things to do than hunt for people who decided they needed a new life.

And for the rare cases when you need a body (I would think that inheritance would be the biggiest) then what ever you do, DON'T make it look like that person was targetted. Make it look like a carjacking or mugging gone bad. You want it to be so boring that news shows won't cover it. You want the cops to mentally file it under Yet Anouther Senseless Murder. You want them to make the simple mistakes that people make from doing the same boring job day in and day out.

And when it comes to hiding the body... Rule #1 NEVER in the same state that the person went missing in. If the body gets found, it'll be enough work shifting through the local missing persons reports. And when they decide the body isn't a local, it'll get put onto the Things todo when I'm really bored list. Aside from that, swamps and lakes. Water is just full of things that want to eat dead human. Be sure to wrap the body in chicken wire and weigh it down. Cut open the lungs and stomach so that gasses from decomposition can escape. Rivers are bad, as they tend to move things around.

Wow, that makes some sense...
    Fortunately, I think I'd make a bad murderer,
    which I suppose I'm kinda fine with knowing.

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

seriously i dont ever want to piss any of you off...

Quote Originally Posted by BurntSoulWalking
    No Body = No Murder.

Seriously. If the missing person is older than 18, then they have a right to just up and dissapear. And the cops have more important things to do than hunt for people who decided they needed a new life.

And for the rare cases when you need a body (I would think that inheritance would be the biggiest) then what ever you do, DON'T make it look like that person was targetted. Make it look like a carjacking or mugging gone bad. You want it to be so boring that news shows won't cover it. You want the cops to mentally file it under Yet Anouther Senseless Murder. You want them to make the simple mistakes that people make from doing the same boring job day in and day out.

And when it comes to hiding the body... Rule #1 NEVER in the same state that the person went missing in. If the body gets found, it'll be enough work shifting through the local missing persons reports. And when they decide the body isn't a local, it'll get put onto the Things todo when I'm really bored list. Aside from that, swamps and lakes. Water is just full of things that want to eat dead human. Be sure to wrap the body in chicken wire and weigh it down. Cut open the lungs and stomach so that gasses from decomposition can escape. Rivers are bad, as they tend to move things around.
    I have a friend at a museum. He has access to museum beetles.
    Very handy.

Ever come across Tales of the Unexpected? There was one where the murder weapon was a leg of lamb, and the murderess served the murder weapon to the investigating officers when they arrived.
    That story's called 'Lamb to the Slaughter' isn't it?

Weblogger

That story's called 'Lamb to the Slaughter' isn't it?
    I don't remember, I think it was aired in the mid-eighties or so and probably based on an urban legend.

Museum beetles are great, until Grisholm gets there ...

flame goddess

i read that short story in high school. i don't think i have it in me to murder anyone. i made a girl cry once and felt like crap for it. i'm too nice for evil stuff like that. the day i murder somebody is the day i crack. (which may not be too far off) i'm not even very violent. the worst fight i've ever gotten into was me fucking around with my man, we weren't seriously trying to kill each other... it just looked that way

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

"bewary of anyone who owns alot of pigs."

anyoe who knows the quote gets a dollar....

(if i ever meet you in person

Quote Originally Posted by skully
    "bewary of anyone who owns alot of pigs."

anyoe who knows the quote gets a dollar....

(if i ever meet you in person

Brad Pitt was a tattooed gypsy boxer in it I think. Can't remember the name though.

Ah, Snatch.

If expenses were paid, then yes.

Otherwise, getting the equipment to commit and then cover all possible evidence of the murder might cost up to $1000 itself. That all depends on who it is, what sort of security system they have, what sort of equipment their city police deparment has, what I'd need to retrieve as proof that I killed them, etc.

I mean, if this were Columbia, I'd just go up and shoot them - so few murders are ever investigated in Columbia that covering the evidence wouldn't even be a big deal. Same thing with an American ghetto - it wouldn't be worth it to try to cover it up, because they'd just think of it as gang violence.

Some white-bread suburb, though, or an upscale part of a city? That would be considerably more expensive.

So let's just say that I have a sliding-scale rate, dependant on the client, like any assassin. ;D

biomechanical_sonne's Avatar Junior Member

Yes, And I have the victim in my mind right now, is someone that I really hate and who I'll kill if someone offer me money.

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

only a thousand, thats not even enough to cover bail. theres no perfect crime. i'd take enough to fix the jurors into sayin i'm innocent, and fix my rep afterwards, or at least to find a home where to no will bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by morbid_lady
    only a thousand, thats not even enough to cover bail. theres no perfect crime. i'd take enough to fix the jurors into sayin i'm innocent, and fix my rep afterwards, or at least to find a home where to no will bother me.
    Unfortunatly, most people with enough money to hire a great lawyer, fix the jury, and lead the police on a low speed chase (that every TV station has to show, interrupting my StarTrek) commit the murder themselves.
    As a hired killer you must have the skills, knowlage, and be willing to do the labor to make it impossible to catch you while keeping costs below the market price for a jury. Which is about 12 twinkies and a powerpoint presentation these days.

Weblogger

Quote Originally Posted by pelelaka
    i read that short story in high school. i don't think i have it in me to murder anyone. i made a girl cry once and felt like crap for it. i'm too nice for evil stuff like that. the day i murder somebody is the day i crack. (which may not be too far off) i'm not even very violent. the worst fight i've ever gotten into was me fucking around with my man, we weren't seriously trying to kill each other... it just looked that way
    Killing isn't all that difficult, it's the living with it afterwards you need to get used too. And that isn't too hard either, come to think of it.

Weblogger

Quote Originally Posted by BurntSoulWalking
    As a hired killer you must have the skills, knowlage, and be willing to do the labor to make it impossible to catch you while keeping costs below the market price for a jury.
    Not necessarily. If it appears as a totally random killing and you have no connection either with the victim or anyone who is associated with them and have kept yourself anonymous from the contract-giver, you'd stand a very high chance indeed of getting away with it.

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

Not necessarily. If it appears as a totally random killing and you have no connection either with the victim or anyone who is associated with them and have kept yourself anonymous from the contract-giver, you'd stand a very high chance indeed of getting away with it.
    i accually saw on real tv, a women went to texas to try and find a hitman to off her husband (she thought it was still the wild west and that a hit man was easy to find there), she looked in the phone-book, found 'guns for hire' and called them up, they turned out to be a musical group and contacted the police who set her up to get arrested, they got the whole thing on tape!!!

Weblogger

Quote Originally Posted by morbid_lady
    i accually saw on real tv, a women went to texas to try and find a hitman to off her husband (she thought it was still the wild west and that a hit man was easy to find there), she looked in the phone-book, found 'guns for hire' and called them up, they turned out to be a musical group and contacted the police who set her up to get arrested, they got the whole thing on tape!!!
    Intelligence wasn't exactly her strong point, huh?

CorporateGoth's Avatar Devout follower of Bob

Boy, did I pick a bad day to run across this thread... right now I think I'd do it 4 a 6 pack od Guinness and a pat on the back!

+ Reply to Thread