+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ever want to disappear,and where

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Default ever want to disappear,and where

well sorry to bring on the sad shit but ,i could of seen me fiencee this sat. well i tried my hardest all day ,i've never been from so happy to so sad in one day the job said yes and no like 6 times,

that would of been the first time we've meet in like 4 months,we've only been able to talk like 6 or 7 times in those 4 months and only for like a few min. i just want to hold her and disappear it's actually been a dream of mine for years in the last 2 years it's included her,

so my questin is have you ever wanted to disappear ,and where?

we've always wanted to be hidden in lower africa somewhere.

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: ever want to disappear,and where

all the time i feel like dissapearing... if i had my choice i would just be invisible and be a part of everything while im not there... but if this is reality we are talking about i think it would be fun to go to europe and never come back.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

id be quite happy to dissapear and end up in amsterdam from time to time ive always wanted to go there either that or to dissapear to some village in ireland

Macabre_Dreams's Avatar Morbid Freak

It depends. Sometimes, I want to dissapear mentally, so I engulf myself in my writing, and sometimes, I want to dissapear physically, and I go walking in the middle of nowhere that's outside my back door.

flame goddess

i'd go to a deserted tropical island in the caribean. one with beaches and coral reefs all around. it wouldn't have to be very big, but it would have to be covered in exotic fruit trees, with exotic animals like monkey's and crazy looking lizards and birds. i'd put my house smack dab in the middle on stilts and made of steel so it would get blown away in a hurricane... and you could only get to this island by boat. because the island would be so remote, i could run around naked all day! ... you can see i've thought about this before...

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

Been there, done that. I've disappeared from a previous life and reappeared in a new one, it's not all that hot!

Weblogger

Quote Originally Posted by pelelaka
    i'd go to a deserted tropical island in the caribean. one with beaches and coral reefs all around. it wouldn't have to be very big, but it would have to be covered in exotic fruit trees, with exotic animals like monkey's and crazy looking lizards and birds. i'd put my house smack dab in the middle on stilts and made of steel so it would get blown away in a hurricane... and you could only get to this island by boat. because the island would be so remote, i could run around naked all day! ... you can see i've thought about this before...
    Umm, it's not what the house is made of; if it's on stilts it's gonna go.

I spent a long time at the start of my new life in Belize and Mexico. I've been on those islands in the middle of nowhere and run around naked. It's fun. I had the suntan for weeks afterwards to prove it! Of course, I can run around naked here too, but I don't think that the neighbours would approve of it quite so much...

postcoital's Avatar Curiously Strong Altoid

I thought the idea of disappearing is, that no one could find you.. So me being preliminary, I won't leave any traces now.

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

I'm crossing the atlantic in a little over a year........ a lot of that is to get away from my family.....

Weblogger

Quote Originally Posted by hewhoisagod
    I'm crossing the atlantic in a little over a year........ a lot of that is to get away from my family.....
    Is that the same as disappearing, though? I know that my ex-family cannot find me no matter what they do (aside from by chance).

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

It just means for me I won't have to see them........ studying abroad is kinda nice in that way.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I dissapeared for a few years a while back , best thing I ever did for myself

I used to think about it all the time.Just disappear,change my identity,run away,forget it all.Start over.But the one thing you can't run away from is yourself,and that's the hardest part.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Quote Originally Posted by badkitty
    I used to think about it all the time.Just disappear,change my identity,run away,forget it all.Start over.But the one thing you can't run away from is yourself,and that's the hardest part.

wow,well put i applaud that is true,very true

Weblogger

That's very true. However, you do have the chance to start over with new conditions, new environment and a chance to better yourself using the experience you have gained from your previous life. If you're going to go the whole hog and create yourself a new identity in a new area, then it's worthwhile taking what you know and becoming what you wish to be.

Weblogger

Quote Originally Posted by hewhoisagod
    It just means for me I won't have to see them........ studying abroad is kinda nice in that way.
    Coming over to Europe, huh? It's a completely different world. Don't forget to bring all the stuff you'll need to get back into prison USA when you return, otherwise they'll send you back to Europe as if you were a certain democratic senator!

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

I used to think about that.
    Just vanishing.
    Sell all your stuff, get on a plane, and just go live in some new country, etc...
    I used to feel that way when things were going badly.
    Or when you are always seeing people that cause you pain and drama.
    But when things are going ok, I do not want to leave people I like.
    But the idea of just going off someplace remote is still appealing.

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

definately, back to the renaissance, or at least before technology nulified society into studity and laziness....

The little frog Bubbles's Avatar Junior Member

I moved to Fairbanks to disappear. It worked for about 5 months the only person I really wanted in my life was...

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

I almost disappeared for good last year, and it's really nice to be back...

Weblogger

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    I almost disappeared for good last year,
    That would have been sad.

Alaska would actually be a good place to disappear to..... I don't know where I'd like to go to aside from a general pull at the back of my mind to GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE. Sometimes it's stronger than others, but it's always there. I actually considered marrying someone I didn't even like just to get a European citizenship. I've tried to find some way of getting a new identity (Social Security card, birth certificate) without getting caught and imprisoned. Just being invisible for a while would be fabulous, though. At least I could have fun driving...... maybe even steal a cop cruiser......

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by macabrette
    Alaska would actually be a good place to disappear to..... I don't know where I'd like to go to aside from a general pull at the back of my mind to GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE. Sometimes it's stronger than others, but it's always there. I actually considered marrying someone I didn't even like just to get a European citizenship. I've tried to find some way of getting a new identity (Social Security card, birth certificate) without getting caught and imprisoned. Just being invisible for a while would be fabulous, though. At least I could have fun driving...... maybe even steal a cop cruiser......
    I don't think it would be that hard to change your identity. There are actually a lot of how to books out on the subject. The most dicey is obtaining a separate ss# card. Europe is actually more bureaucratic than even the states. You'd want to at least change your name first. I'm going for dual citizenship, personally. Terrorists tend not to care as much about a bunch of ukrainians

OEC

Weblogger

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedCat
    Terrorists tend not to care as much about a bunch of ukrainians
    No, but the Europeans do, and tend to try and spare the problems of integrating anyone from the former USSR; except in Germany where, if you can prove German ancestry, you are automatically accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightingale
    No, but the Europeans do, and tend to try and spare the problems of integrating anyone from the former USSR; except in Germany where, if you can prove German ancestry, you are automatically accepted.
    I'd just be getting Ukrainian citizenship in addition to my US citizenship. The EU is a whole different ball game. I have no intention of giving up residency in the US.

OEC

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

anywhere near the ocean because i love the beach

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Tibet. That was always the place I figured I'd go if I decided to just end it all.

Weblogger

I'd just be getting Ukrainian citizenship in addition to my US citizenship. The EU is a whole different ball game. I have no intention of giving up residency in the US.
    Oh, in that case it would probably work should you wish to partially disappear. Of course, you'll be able to find evening classes to learn the accent, right?

Living Dead Girl

i would want to be hidden in a jungle...where no one could ever find me...

Weblogger

Quote Originally Posted by ofdarkblood
    i would want to be hidden in a jungle...where no one could ever find me...
    Take a trip down the Amazon river, find an old temple and start your own religion!

Oh, in that case it would probably work should you wish to partially disappear. Of course, you'll be able to find evening classes to learn the accent, right?
    I know the language. I'd probably have to work on a native sounding accent. It'd be good for tax purposes or if the shit hit the fan in the US.

OEC

Weblogger

I know the language. I'd probably have to work on a native sounding accent. It'd be good for tax purposes or if the shit hit the fan in the US.
    But the problem there is that anyone who appears to be foreign, in time of crisis in the US, is immediately suspect. Look at the Japanese Americans during the second world war. Look at anyone who *looks* Arabic today. People get thrown off planes because some stupid woman doesn't like their accent ...

But the problem there is that anyone who appears to be foreign, in time of crisis in the US, is immediately suspect. Look at the Japanese Americans during the second world war. Look at anyone who *looks* Arabic today. People get thrown off planes because some stupid woman doesn't like their accent ...
    True. I'm ethnic Ukrainian tho. I don't think I'd have much problem. We get a special status card just by showing ancestry at an embassy.

OEC

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

everynow and then i get a few people on LJ who say they want to move and start over etc. i say to start over all you have to do is stop doing what you usually do...some people think running away will solve everything... but it won't...sure a fresh start in a new place might just be what you need...but only if you are going to change yourself...otherwise you will have the same ol' problems.

then there are those who are moving b/c they want something different... they aren't running away from anything they are going out to explore to see what some other location has to offer... (like a couple i know are moving to amsterdam in january) and i totally applaude them for it.

to answer the question: i want to go to japan, tokyo to be exact b/c i love big cities london would probably be my second choice i want to spend a year their half in school learning and such the other half working a job both having as much fun as possible. then from their decide if i would want to move back home or not... i really do love this area... right outside nyc able to commute into to work if i wanted to but also can drive to philly for a day trip, mountains beaches rivers and just about everything else i could want all close enough to do a day trip but to explore different areas definatley is appealing.

Weblogger

Quote Originally Posted by skully
    ...sure a fresh start in a new place might just be what you need...but only if you are going to change yourself....
    Zacherly.

I did disappear...kinda. I left the town I was raised in, let maybe two people know where I was, and started over. It feels kinda good to be almost completely free of my past. It also kinda sucks trying to make new friends and learn your new environment. I'd much rather be in Europe, though.

+ Reply to Thread