+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thoughts on Wolf's Rain?

Default Thoughts on Wolf's Rain?

I LOVE that show, although it also seems kind of depressing, sort of.

Thoughts/Comments/ and Opinions on the show?

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Default Re: Thoughts on Wolf's Rain?

Mind numbingly boring...but I could never get into the whole wolf mythology idea in it. It's well done and all...just can't get into it.

Jin-Roh was much cooler using a similar mythos...but I'll admit many think that film painfully dull too.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Mind numbingly boring...but I could never get into the whole wolf mythology idea in it. It's well done and all...just can't get into it.

Jin-Roh was much cooler using a similar mythos...but I'll admit many think that film painfully dull too.
    I would really have to agree. I love good anime, but it's really boring to me.

Im not sure, but I think that might be intentional, trying to create a feeling of despair and sadness, but Im not sure.

It can be boring, but I still like the show anyway. Sad, but good.

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

Watanabe's done better shows (Cowboy Bebop, Macross Plus and Escaflowne) But I think it's good, I'm actually waiting to see Read Or Die on CN, my friend has the DVDs and it's a pretty good show, kinda bizarre but good

I haven't seen it and don't have much interest. I don't watch television, so Cartoon Network is out, and noone I know has bothered to buy the DVDs, so why should I go out of my way to watch it?

...as long as we're talking about anime, I've heard Full Metal Alchemist is coming to Cartoon Network. I've seen that one into the late 30s or early 40s in terms of episodes, and that's one series that comes Shev Approved. When was it supposed to come, anyway? Has it already?

postcoital's Avatar Curiously Strong Altoid

I find nowadays animes utterly boring. They're all about visual effects, while crippling the story until you can't even call it a story anymore. (Hellsing, Arjuna, Candidate for Goddess, etc).
    I'm just glad that there are still some exceptions which are, while still of great visual quality, are fun to watch, eg Mononoke Hime, Spirited Away, Steamboy, Jin Roh or Now & Then, Here & There

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Their is a ton of Junk anime out these days but the occasioanl gems show up. That was always the case though...it was only that in the past the better stuff was exported...now pretty much everything is.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I like helsing. maybe it's just me, but when a cartoon character says " Go fuck yourself, bitch. and you can stick your pussy ass impotent god up your fucking ass!" and then a whole bunch of zombies start eating people, it's good times to me.

+ Reply to Thread