+ Reply to Thread

Thread: migrains *ow*

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Default migrains *ow*

In fact I prolly shouldn't be staring at a lit screen at the moment but I am experiencing one of those deadly painful shoot me in the eye 'cause it'll hurt less migrain headaches. What are some *legal* cures for this pain? I used to err... partake in smokable grasses to relieve this pain. Don't currently have that option. Need new options. Suggestions?
    K

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Default Re: migrains *ow*

Coffee can help, but you are probably already on top of that. Maybe a hot bath.

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

if u believe in more mystical ways of dealing with it i know a couple of old Romany (Gypsy) ways of curing a headache.

~rub your forehead with a stone than cover the stone with soil (the pain is said to be absorbed by the soil)

~rub your forehead with a horseshoe (a piece of iron is said to be just as effective)

~or lie down with a quartz crystal on your pillow, if u cant lie down try holding the quartz to ur head for a few minutes

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    Coffee can help, but you are probably already on top of that. Maybe a hot bath.
    i was actualy goin to sugest a cold bath cause that always works for me

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    i was actualy goin to sugest a cold bath cause that always works for me

Hahaha... potentially not a bad suggestion, but I HATE cold water. So, that sounds about as good as driving a nail through your hand so you will forget about the pain in your head, to me anyway. Might work though.

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

uggg i get aweful migraines im sorry honey i know how it feels. my mom gets them reallllly bad... whenever i get a migraine i just take one of her pills, its a barbituate im not sure what its called but its a mixture of caffiene, aspirin, and barbituate...i take a pill, drink a redbull, sleep, then wake up and feel like cleaning the house... i dont know i still havent found a real cure for my headaches, all the pills ive tried have made me feel disgustingly sick. my moms method is the only method where i can actually function.... but yah caffiene helps if you feel it coming on. the only thing i can really say that helps is sleep, but even then u can feel it in your dreams if u find a cure let me know!! (i have tried marijauna as a cure, but it didnt work for me, the pain just intensified)

oh yah, i just remembered, the pill is called Fioricet

Thank you all for your many suggestions. None of thses worked, though I did find a rather effective if not toatally safe "cure". I tried the caffeine thing, such a no- go. I tried my usual 1 advil 1 tylenol 1 cup white willow bark tea (or mild dose of aspirin) and a nap. Still had the damned thing when I woke up. Had myself a hot shower, didn't really help. Ended up with one advil cold and sinus, one excedrin tension headache and about an hr later a Vodka and Cranberry juice. I DO NOT reccomend this "cure" for any one who has a sensitive stomache, or has to drive. I do however suggest that if you try this cure you drink LOTS of water before you pass out. Rumor has it that the ensuing hangover might be worse than the migraine. Really I wouldn't know, My record stands at zero hang overs EVER. Hate me if you must.
    K

a mixture of caffine and asprin. most headaches are from lack of oxygen. increasing bloodflow to the brain usually helps. Ginko biloba helps also kinda sends your mind into fast forward tho.

there is some type of herb that youre supposed to take to prevent migraines but im not sure what its called and id like to find out... ur silly but alchohol does help numb the pain yay for alchohol when ur in pain

yeah... yay alcohol. My usual cure before I stopped smoking weed was a bowl and a nap. Not available to me at the moment. I really wish it was though. Migraines and boxing matches DON'T MIX! It should be gone by morning though...I hope. That's the thing that gets to me about my migraines, they last for DAYS, really starts to suck after day three, just want it to go away long enough to get some house work done...
    K

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

oh so somone cuffed you in the cranium?...talkt t Goerge Forman he may have the smae problem....anyhow maybe you need a nothe cuff to teh cranium to sto it.... silly girl boxing.....or were you doing another type of boxing.....am I not up on my sexual inuendos?

No I really was boxing, kind of. It's supposed to be a "fixed" "faked" topless thing. No one told that to the girl I ended up fighting. Little moron. But then we're just a bunch of models with no boxing training to speak of what so ever, so I really shouldn't have expected anything more than a bunch of head shots. All I can say is OWWWW! Put on a good show though.
    K

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

i hate migraines i ususally just smoke a lot of pot and go to sleep works evry time

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    No I really was boxing, kind of. It's supposed to be a "fixed" "faked" topless thing. No one told that to the girl I ended up fighting. Little moron. But then we're just a bunch of models with no boxing training to speak of what so ever, so I really shouldn't have expected anything more than a bunch of head shots. All I can say is OWWWW! Put on a good show though.
    K
    Hahaha...who won in the end?

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

I'm surprised it didn't end in a hair pulling swear fest withy yummy sweaty half naked girls.....or did it?

Well the other girl "won". Kind of a given, scared the crap out of her though. And it would have been "a hair pulling swear fest withy yummy sweaty half naked girls" except...have you ever worn boxing gloves? You can't hold ANYTHING with them, let alone pull on anything. Which is why there are "corner men" to water you and put your mouth peice back in, etc. We'll be doing it again in January in Vegas. Please let it be more organised then.

And I would have smoked alot of pot to kill the migraine but I was unable to get a hold of any. I'll trade a migraine for a sore throat and a runny nose any day of the week, but I just had to suffer. My darling favourite person went out of his way to buy me a pipe, but nothing to put in it. like a vibrator with out batteries it just kinda sits there looking pretty...
    K

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

There is a Chinese eye excersize that at least eases the pain: press the bone around your eyes with the tips of your fingers, circle the entire eye, just pressing the bone, and in the hollows of your temples, press and release, then move, press and release.

It really feels nice.

koolagh's Avatar Resident Barbarian

Try eating some cashews or almonds. Both of these contain a certain enzyme that stops migraines. I have had migraines my entire life and that is the only thing that really helps me.

kellie's Avatar Senior Member

I I take relpax, or maxalt and they work pretty well.

But then again, Im a nurse and have access to all those pills...

Quote Originally Posted by koolagh
    Try eating some cashews or almonds. Both of these contain a certain enzyme that stops migraines. I have had migraines my entire life and that is the only thing that really helps me.

wow ive never heard of that, i am going to try that next time i have a migraine!

+ Reply to Thread