+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hate fake search engines/Call for writers and webmasters

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Hate fake search engines/Call for writers and webmasters

So I've been thinking about how much lamer the web seems to be getting in some of the areas I am most interested. There are so few really cool sites any more. It seemed a few years back like everyone was working on an awesome site idea. Now the web is littered with fake search engines and cannot find servers where once there were sites. This really bums me out. So I am going to do something about it.

Do you have an idea for a site you would like to do, but you don't have the dough for hosting or the knowhow to get it going? If so, contact submit@blueblood.net with your proposal or private message me here. Please provide info on what you would like to do, why you are qualified to do it, and what you will need to do it.

I will accept both sites which are going concerns in need of hosting and new concepts in need of nurturing. I may be willing to purchase an existing site, if I feel it serves the community. I may in rare instances be able to pay writers to do work for hire on a particularly useful idea.

I am just really sick of going to URLs where sites in the scene used to be, only to find a fake search engine in their place. And I am going to do something about it.

Ouroboros's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Hate fake search engines/Call for writers and webmasters

What sort of site would you consider hosting? I don't suppose personal rant pages would be such a hot idea, right?

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

I want to do an page for my graphics company..and I have no idea how to do it...making my own webpage that is but I would love to learn...

Scott's Avatar Senior Member

Great to see someone trying to encourage creativity and fresh ideas.

i really really really hate those fake search engines.
    at times i have thought about buying up domains where there were once sites
    and creating a little page in its place explaining what site used to be there, what happened to it.. etc.. and then maybe try to recoup the cost of doing so with some banners to my own sites.

But i figured that some people would not like that and see it as no better than what the fake search engines are doing.

anyways.. I've been working out a new idea on paper.
    Maybe once i am finished with the spec sheet i'll see what you think.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    So I've been thinking about how much lamer the web seems to be getting in some of the areas I am most interested. There are so few really cool sites any more. It seemed a few years back like everyone was working on an awesome site idea. Now the web is littered with fake search engines and cannot find servers where once there were sites. This really bums me out. So I am going to do something about it.

In all seriousness, I've always feared redundancy when it comes to this community. I already have experience with foreign language sites geared
    towards specific cultures and history. I recently completed my second degree in Russian and Eastern European Studies. I'd like to give back to this community that gave me so much growing up.

Do you have an idea for a site you would like to do, but you don't have the dough for hosting or the knowhow to get it going? If so, contact submit@blueblood.net with your proposal or private message me here. Please provide info on what you would like to do, why you are qualified to do it, and what you will need to do it.

I need a better idea of what specifically is now missing. I have 4 domains and hosting already on board.

I will accept both sites which are going concerns in need of hosting and new concepts in need of nurturing. I may be willing to purchase an existing site, if I feel it serves the community. I may in rare instances be able to pay writers to do work for hire on a particularly useful idea.

I don't need the cash.

I am just really sick of going to URLs where sites in the scene used to be, only to find a fake search engine in their place. And I am going to do something about it.
    Likewise. I'd love to help you out, Amelia. I tend to have a million ideas and little direction in this area, tho.

OEC

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Would online comix fall into this?

+ Reply to Thread