+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gamers are going to hell.

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

Thurbane316's Avatar Throbbing Member

Default Re: Gamers are going to hell.

Ah, Jack Chick, my old arch-nemesis.

Brief bio of Mr. Chick - a failed comic artist who couldn't get work in the "mainstream" comic arena, so he turned to using his artistic talent (and I use the word "talent" very loosely here) to promoting extremist-Christian scare and hate propganda.

http://www.revolting.com/1.2/chick/chick.html (more info on Chick)

Our local Born-again chapter when I was at high school, surreptitiously slipped the known "evil gamers" at the school the now infamous "anti-D&D" brochure. We all had a laugh over it during one session of slaying orcs and hoarding GPs.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

wow that is so ridiculous ill grant that some people really do take RPGs to far and thats were theese people get their ammo against gamers but come on they should know that the actions of a few disturbed individuals reflect nothing of the majority...

Bah! Religious Fanatics!

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

yep God hates us all

*just laughs and laughs and laughs* I've had this general reaction from people before. It's funny when it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by franziska
    *just laughs and laughs and laughs* I've had this general reaction from people before. It's funny when it happens.
    How do you mean ?

Forestghost's Avatar Knowlege is power!

"Physical torture and killings-images in the mind can be almost as real as the actual experiences. Focus of the games is upon killings and torture for power, acquisition of wealth, and survival of characters." (from the do it yourself brainwashing section of the D&D analysis on this site)

Ummm, am I on crack, or are two of those three main game focuses not also the main focuses of our real lives? I mean, I want to survive, and in our society, one cannot eat or have a roof over their head without wealth of some sort. And it's funny how torture and killing images in my mind can be almost as real as the real thing....I watched Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the new version) the other night, and I didn't feel a thing.

Something else that's funny....you don't ever hear of these Christian web-sites mentioning the Cleric class or Lawful Good alignment. I mean, some people do opt to be Lawful Good (although it's one of the hardest characters to play).

"Isolation-psychological removal from traditional support structures (family, church, etc.) into an imaginary world. Physical isolation due to extremely time-consuming play activities outside the family atmosphere." (another quote from the same section)

Wow, like when children play with toys? I mean, I was a creative child and I used to pretend all the time (hey, doesn't Barney want us to pretend?, Hmmm..maybe there's something to this danger thing after all). But seriously, I play games like D&D in my free time with my FRIENDS!!!! y'know, that important part of your social life so you don't grow up too be a hermit. And lord knows how many children, teenagers and young adults like to spend the most time possible doing activities within the family atmosphere. Don't get me wrong, families are cool, but I don't ever remember going "hey, I shouldn't go to university because it will result in too many activities outside of my family atmosphere".

Anyway, there is my rant about this topic!

Thurbane316's Avatar Throbbing Member

The last religious zealot who attacked me about my gaming habits got shoved into a Sphere of Annihilation, if you know what I mean.

Which reminds me of the geekiest pickup line I ever heard uttered out loud: "Hey honey, can I put my Rod of Lordly Might into your Pouch of Accessability?"

Words cant describe the anger I feel whenever that comic makes an appearance!

CorporateGoth's Avatar Devout follower of Bob

I thought it was public knowledge that satan often recruits through RPG's.... His next venture, is message boards. I signed up today!!!

PaulCat's Avatar 3 Of My Nine Lives Left

OMG!!!!
    I GM, i guess i'm working for Satan now huh?
    *Giggles!*

I've never seen that before! i don't know if that's made it's way over to the UK, but that is VERY funny!!!!

Paul Cat.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Hahah that was awesome...I love that stuff...it's too silly to take it seriously. Dumb chick kills herself over a D&D character?...we should be thankful...one less idiot in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurbane316
    Ah, Jack Chick, my old arch-nemesis.

Brief bio of Mr. Chick - a failed comic artist who couldn't get work in the "mainstream" comic arena, so he turned to using his artistic talent (and I use the word "talent" very loosely here) to promoting extremist-Christian scare and hate propganda.

http://www.revolting.com/1.2/chick/chick.html (more info on Chick)

Our local Born-again chapter when I was at high school, surreptitiously slipped the known "evil gamers" at the school the now infamous "anti-D&D" brochure. We all had a laugh over it during one session of slaying orcs and hoarding GPs.
    I Hate that artstyle, and comics like that sicken Me.

+ Reply to Thread