+ Reply to Thread

Thread: That site with ******* and ***** in the title

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Default That site with ******* and ***** in the title

I really should love that site and be a member but for some odd reason it never clicked with me...something in the way the girls are shot just never puts me over that edge....that feeling of "Now this I like". I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority in regards to that....

It has some big strengths...like massive amounts of attractive women...and some cred amoung whoever buys into that be it scenesters or advertisers.

What I really found odd about it was how the personality and reality of the women are pushed via the journals many keep on the site. Now one can debate how truthful that is but that's not the point...it sort of breaks a rule that I never thought was all that important. The distance between the image and the person IN the image.

Their is a thin line between pin ups and polaroids these days...seeing an amazing girl I know I'll never meet or talk to is half the fun of the artform and I think kind of important to it. Getting to "know" the pin up through the work is real fun stuff. Once that line is crossed though and I learn TOO much about them...then it feels like naked pictures of a net chick...and that SUCKS. I'm not damning the site or saying IT sucks...just the lil thing about making pin up girls...real people.

That fucks up the illusion...and the magic of it all. At least for me anyhow not sure how the rest of you feel about it...but do share.

There are exceptions to this however cause one can't deny the fact the net allows for that kind of interaction in ways that are pretty new and many modern pin up models (or whatever you want to call them) are indeed real people. That reality of it all seems to make it harder for a model to reach that mythic status cause they are so easy to "know" on some personal level. So I'll admit it has made me appreciate a few models a bit more for their work (won't name any cause it'll sound too much like a lame internet compliment like "I love your work!" followed by 9 jillion emoticons)

At least for me one has to wonder how personal is TOO personal? Or is the Blog/Journal/Whatever simply a part of our entertainment and social lives that it needs to be accepted?

I dunno about the rest of you but hearing about beautiful women bitch and moan about their lives kinda kills off the fantasy of it all. Not in every case mind you...but I could point out many.

Guess this is why I prefer the BB sites and models...cause I kinda want to know them as people...odd as that may sound. Guess that's a testemant to the work done on the various BB sites...the women seem interesting on various levels. PlusI've always liked how approachable the creators are...their genuine passion and love for their work and people they work with comes off in so many small ways I don't think even they are aware of it...or how much it adds to their work. It all has a perfect lil balance that is rare to come across if like me that's what you're looking for. It's really something I've come to appreciate over the years.
    Last edited by Tequila Zaire; 10-29-2004 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Title was ****'ed out.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Default Re: That site with ******* and ***** in the title

wow...hardcore filter work there...anyhow the site I am first talking about is **...only saying that cause it's a bit confusing to read that first part not knowing what site I'm talking about.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Don't make me stop the car

You would be flabbergasted by the rotten ways they deal with our site names on their boards. Especially after we helped them when they were getting started.

I bet I know what site you are talking about. Or at least I've noticed that it is one of the only words you can't post here besides racial epithets and child abuse terms.

I would never buy a membership in a site with photography that bad, but I did look around it when a young lady of my acquaintance showed it to me. She was beautiful, but you would never know it from their terrible photos. I felt bad for her being humiliated on the net like that and it kind of just really turned me off her that she would have shown me something that made her look that bad. After I saw those bad photos of her, I always thought of them when I saw her for real and I had to dump her.

I've been into Blue Blood since some time in maybe 1993 or so. Forrest and Amelia's photography just keeps getting better and better. They make the people they photograph seem on a higher level, but like you would want to be part of that world. Like the people in Blue Blood photos are on pedestals but you can aspire to go to that higher level too because like you said, the creators are so approachable.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    Don't make me stop the car

You would be flabbergasted by the rotten ways they deal with our site names on their boards. Especially after we helped them when they were getting started.
    LOL sorry I had NO idea...I figured something was up. Given all the sugar I injested tonight I was not sure if it was me or the filters.

I can understand it though...sucks when people you help turn on ya. As you can see from the above I'm not a huge fan anyhow.

Side Note: Cupcakes and Blow Pops are a REALLY bad combination to eat in one night.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

I like cupcakes and blowpops!

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    I love when Forrest makes those comments like that.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

I was up till 7 am with that combination. Last time I raid the Halloween candy early.

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

I got yer cupcake right here baby

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

I never get cupcakes it cause he takes girly pictures.....yeah I am jealous....mayeb I gotta try harder

Quote Originally Posted by CPRB
    I never get cupcakes it cause he takes girly pictures.....yeah I am jealous....mayeb I gotta try harder
    I gots cupcakes way before I picked up the camera

Quote Originally Posted by Nudemuse
    I got yer cupcake right here baby
    Well thank you very much! I like the crazy toxic color ones the best. When I was really young, my school had a regular bake sale thing, and everyone took turns bringing baked stuff in. So, when it was my turn, my Mom and I made extra big cupcakes, but I dyed them all purple and green, with messed up colored frosting too. I figured nobody would buy them and I'd get the leftovers. It worked perfectly

+ Reply to Thread