+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chat room? Hrmm...

Beloved1982's Avatar Junior Member

Default Chat room? Hrmm...

Hey, What do you guys think about a chatroom for this site? That might be pretty cool to chat real time with the people only in this community rather than waiting for replies on the message board. Sound like a good idea? Maybe the Admin will run across this thread and we can get some thoughts stirring around.

Beth

Default Re: Chat room? Hrmm...

That idea is both good and bad.

Chatting is cool and all, but I prefer Message Boards.

Chatting causes crashes, text gets lost, questions dont get answered, etc.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Uh, irrational fears aside...this was brought up before. Problem with chats is...no one ever uses them. So really the best thing to do is add people to your IM service of choice and talk their...having one on the site would be more of a hassle than useful. With a chat...people would have to be on and in one place..on a message board you can post a question...have a much more detailed and lengthy discussion and really make people THINK before they talk...chats rarely allow that.

It's too limiting and best left to IM programs really.

Hmm, maybe everyone just isn't online at the same time, or...errm... Well, I guess that's not the case seeing as how everyone seems to be getting conversations going on boards. I think a chat would be cool, but I don't mind resorting to boards.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beloved1982
    Hey, What do you guys think about a chatroom for this site? That might be pretty cool to chat real time with the people only in this community rather than waiting for replies on the message board. Sound like a good idea? Maybe the Admin will run across this thread and we can get some thoughts stirring around.

Beth
    I think it would be fun. Maybe an irc channel? This community is cool enough that it might work. I would say no anywhere else.

OEC

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beloved1982

Beth
    I think it would be fun. Maybe an irc channel? This community is cool enough that it might work. I would say no anywhere else.

OEC

Beloved1982's Avatar Junior Member

~shrugs~

It was worth a try, eh? ~smiles~

Beth

Thanks for replying!!

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

I've tried a few of the chatrooms, and am perplexed how, when plenty of people are there, anyone can understand anyone else or follow a line of thought. I'm sure they can be wonderful and all, but you can see here who is online and you can post fairly quick replies and get a form of chat going within a thread, which, for me, is preferable.

+ Reply to Thread