+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Roleplay game ideas wanted!

PaulCat's Avatar 3 Of My Nine Lives Left

Default Roleplay game ideas wanted!

Okies, from some of the other threads here it seems like we've got a few RPG players around!

So i'm running a game called Sci-Fi Bollox, SFB for short which is a very free roaming environment.

Meaning they can go do whatever they like in my little universe,,,

and as it's only got six planets a moon and a space station it is a LITTLE universe.

Anyone got any ideas for planets? i've got Artificial Reality gaming stations, Zombie shooting safari parks, a whole town on stilts populated by fish people, gigantic fighting arenas, brothels, gabling dens, and a 50's american diner on an asteriod...

Oh, and one planet thats still in the dark ages and the inhabitants have no idea about the rest of the universe existing!

The rules are more flexible than a chinese gymnast so any idea will be considered!

Thanks in advance for the help!

Paul Cat.

Default Re: Roleplay game ideas wanted!

A Feral world filled with Prehistoric Animals, with a Middle Ages type society.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

a planet with SUPER ADVANCED HUMANS WHO TRY TO CONTROL EVEYTHING this would make any game really interesting oh and the humans all have microchips in them that transmits their thoughts to the mother control which can manipulate them at will so all humans who are not part of the governmant are basically slaves but everyone is a mathematical genius like the mentats from dune because of theese chips. the goal of the people on this planet is to control the universe

I'm not much a RPG player, but my boyfriend is....he's played tons of different games. He has years of experience, so I guess I could have him look at this thread and have him give you his opinion.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

a planet ruled By the dashingly handsome space pirate Atomik

Forestghost's Avatar Knowlege is power!

Well, I always like the idea of time running backwards....by this I mean that organisms are born from their respective graves, go from old to young, then crawl into their eggs or mother's womb and die an infant. Trees are born from the ashes of forest fires and decrease in size to become seeds...etc. Imagine the planet as we know earth today, but with everything going backwards, civilization, technology...everything! *shrugs*

I'm sure I'll have better ideas, will get back to you!

To borrow from a Sci-Fi author Peter F. Hamilton's Nights Dawn Trillogy

A gas giant with a ring system made up of the ruins of an ancient civilizations planet sized space station.

Planet that has decided to walk away from technology, and live in a Victorian Pastorial society, with human operator telephons, horse and buggies, and steam locomotives

Living space station whose personality is the gestalt of all of the personalities of all previous station commanders, who where choosen at birth, and commanded untill death.

Larry Niven also has some good ideas...
    Ringworld - the World that the Halo from HALO was based on. With a radius of one AU, and a width equal to the earths diameter. This is actually the most scientifically analized sci-fi world ever. In the late 1970s MIT students did the math and discovered that the orbit of the ringworld was unstable. Based on the fact that it has one gravity, the speed of its rotation was deduced. And from that the tensile stregth of the building materials was worked out. Even the effects the ringworlds design would have on its enviroment and the development of technology have been studied. The ringworld is geek heaven.

The Mote in Gods Eye - A planet of a very clannish race that is locked in a loop of exteremely rapid rise of civalization, overpopulation, mass genocide and collapse of society.

The Puppettiers planets... 5 inhabitable planets locked into a rossetta rose orbit around a single sun, travelling at near lightspeed away from our galaxy.

The Kzin - Think spacefaring lions or tigers. Very violent, taken to eating the meat of those they kill (humans are salty, according to them). Kzin females are sub-sentient, leading to some very intresting interactions with human females.

RAR! You all rock!

Medieval world, DONE!
    Dinosaurs could be hunted on the safari world, hunted may not be the right word, Hehe!

I'm going to have to go watch Dune... Sounds interesting!

Space Pirates! Yarr!!! (I watched dodgeball the other day, this idea IS happening!!!

ALL the rules for backwards world is in the Red Dwarf rulebook, Come to think of it, there are some other sample planets in there too, Leigion was a gestalt entity... but with the player characters we have in the group he'd be a total perve and a thieving sadist fish-man in a ginger toupee...

Hhhhmmm, YEah!

Ringworld sounds too realistic, i've got a werewolf inhabited planet with a sun and a moon revolving around it... Full moon every thursday!

at least it was til the vampires hired a bunch of welsh cyber-miners to mine it completely hollow (A la Futurama) and it fell in on itself!

atm the players are on the "Advanced Artificial Reality for Depraved Violence & Anger Redirectional Keep"...

Or the 'Aardvark' for short.

So if any of you have ever seen Cube, Cypher or total recall you'll know i could get away with a lot of bollox at the moment!!!

RAR!

Thanks for the ideas! You really do all rock!

Paul Cat.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

the chrachter type idea with the human calculator guys isnt in the movie very much youll have to read the book the book is much better anyways

At the mo i#m reading a book called Grunts by Mary Gentle,
    it's been really funny so far!

It's an olde worlde adventure thing, told from the bad guys point of view!
    The good guys are hopelessly outnumbered, and have no tactical advantage or anything, but they're the good guys so they're still going to win!

And the Bad guys know this!!!

I've just got to the bit where they've found some "Magical Weapons that spit fire!" they've got AK-47 etched into the side! LOL!!!

Highly recomended so far!!!

PaulCat.

Damn excellent book, I think I'll have to reread it.

+ Reply to Thread